Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Fuel economy - can't have been a thread like this for at least several days :)

killervq30de

What mileage does your GT2.0 turbo get?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What mileage does your GT2.0 turbo get?

Auto's may get worse mileage than manuals it seems - C'est la vie

Whats your manual or auto getting? With some mix of highway and suburb driving.

3.0's - could only have so many options sorry but chime in anyway.

As posted mine is about 480kms to the tank, I plan on getting it serviced for the following:

spark plugs checked/replaced

fuel filter replaced

air filter checked

upper engine cleaner

petrol additive in the tank

Dunno if I will get that all done before we go up to coromandel for the day so will be interesting to see what sort of highway mileage I get.

Edited by killervq30de

I've had my manual 4th gen LGT for a few months, and it seems to be between 11.3 l/100km and 10 l/100km for around town driving. I went from a car that cost me 50 bucks every 2-3 weeks in fuel so a bit of a jump up for me...

Edited by finn61
Should probably specify that it's manual...

It depends where I'm driving. Around town I get about 500km out of a tank of 98 (Christchurch central, typically moving very slowly through congested traffic to and from work: when the traffic is really bad, I can get less than 400). On the highway I get about 700km out of a tank. This is with a 5EAT 2.0GT automatic. I could get much better fuel economy driving with a more conservative map, but I always drive with the most aggressive/max boost and gearing. Because racecar.

Andy_Mac said:
All those things you mentioned above you wanted to do you should just do yourself. They're all pretty easy and it'll save you a fortune.

Would just be the spark plugs (I'd probably cross thread or something) and fuel filter (tried this on my last car and it was btch to do without a lift to access and hoses didn't want to budge) that I wouldn't want to do. Going forward ill do the 5,000km oil changes but the 10,000 needs to be done by shop for mechanical warranty

• Admin

Na spark plugs are easy (even i can do them (; ). Basically just retighten them most of the way with socket and extension piece by hand and then final tighten with the socket wrench. There's no way you could cross thread it with your fingers. And because there's so much junk in the way mechanics will charge you heaps on labour. Have a look through the walkthrough for doing it on here. Think its in the engine section

Y'all are leadfoots

Cracked 650+ with my BH GTB on open road trips a few times (under 8l/100k) cause I like to live dangerously

One of the few cars I've had where it got more economical the more I fiddled with it

Even my last BD (or BG? Wagon whatever) would do over 600k on an open road trip consistently

Really depends on my driving and if the SI drive lives in I or S#, with 'I' and Nana driving I can get it past 600km a tank. But that's too much effort. City driving with it in s# all the time I get about 500- 550.

Aurai said:
Really depends on my driving and if the SI drive lives in I or S#, with 'I' and Nana driving I can get it past 600km a tank. But that's too much effort. City driving with it in s# all the time I get about 500- 550.

Yeah the 11.5 was with normal S driving too. I'd be happy with 500-550kms

Marky said:
Y'all are leadfoots

Cracked 650+ with my BH GTB on open road trips a few times (under 8l/100k) cause I like to live dangerously

One of the few cars I've had where it got more economical the more I fiddled with it

Even my last BD (or BG? Wagon whatever) would do over 600k on an open road trip consistently

Yeah, I cracked 650ks to a tank last summer on the open road in my BE. Loaded the roof with lugguge too.

Pre facelift auto GT I'd typically get 450-480km per tank for 95% suburban driving. Road trips out of Akl would typically be around 9L/100km. My best run was a trip to and from one of the beaches out west (Piha I think?) which returned 8.03 L/100km.

As an aside, my 1.4L diesel Yaris here in the UK has gotten 4.5L/100km (51mpg) with pretty uneconomical driving - 70-75mph along the motorway with several inclines where I'd keep the pedal down to maintain that speed. If I was to try do get the best economy, I think it'd be good for 60-70mpg!

paulngui said:
Pre facelift auto GT I'd typically get 450-480km per tank for 95% suburban driving. Road trips out of Akl would typically be around 9L/100km. My best run was a trip to and from one of the beaches out west (Piha I think?) which returned 8.03 L/100km.

Sounds like me but I'm hoping to buck that trend.

These should ease my pain a bit for now, from a company rewards thing $20 giftcards

image.jpg

• 4 months later...

That would be more or less right

Varies markedly with length of trips (lots of short = more gas use), your style of driving (leadfoot vs nana ) and the type of driving it is (round town vs open road)

That applies to almost any car apart from horrifically underpowered 1L ones which it seems you can drive at full throttle all day and still not notice a difference

true. most of my driving is city sadly, the limits here are cripplingly low and the people breathe with their mouths. I find it's much better on road trips but it tends to be fairly mountainous here so long hill climbs= boost. I imagine a long flat drive could see 500 easy.