Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Genuine part or fake??

runrabbit

Hi team,

Firstly, I have emailed Whiteline to check with them, but thought I'd also check with the mod-guru's on Club Sub and get your opinion.

I ordered Whiteline rear endlinks from BNT last week, who had it shipped up from another office. Was told it was the 'last one in the country' (of their stock I guess), and it arrived the following day, sweet. The BNT guy quickly pulled it out of the packet when I went to pay for it. No dramas, I wasn't overly fussed in inspecting them at the time. BNT were friendly folk and gave good service. Got it home, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

The bushings are black. I was expecting typical Whiteline yellow as per their website pics (though I see they do some black bushings on other products). These black bushings seem a little 'average' in quality too.

The endlink themselves have serial numbers etched into them. From all the pics I see online no other Whiteline rear endlinks seem to have numbers stamped on them.

All a little sus, and got me thinking. Then I remember the package was already open too (neatly above the resealable zip-lock). It wasn't completely sealed (ie new) and had previously been opened. Could have been BNT guys to check it when it arrived for the right product or possibly a 'returned product' earlier.

Attached is what I receive (minus instructions not in photo), and a pic from the Whiteline website.

I've google the numbers etched into the links but didn't find anything.

My ultmate concern is they are knock-off items (that someone else swapped out and returned for the original), possibly the quality could be circumspect, and the fact I paid for a genuine product which it might not be.

Like I said at the start of post, I have emailed Whiteline but I'm still waiting their response.

Any ideas from the community?

Cheers

a872bafa-e711-4a20-aa31-aa67d6027a5f.jpg1a77cb42-b6ca-4ecf-9e6a-efeffe287e3c.jpg702852fb-165e-4d22-b9bc-77d8bf491405.jpg