Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help with v7 sti wiring into v2 stira

SIRREX

I've been doing a wiring swap on a v2 sti ra and I'm having trouble getting it running on the stock ecu, funny thing is when I plug in my g4 link with a stock base map she fires up and runs mint. Any help would be much appreciated and open to ideas. I believe I have a wire missing for an input to the ecu or out of shear bad luck I'm using a loom designed to run an immobiliser.

Yeah it's running a v7 sti engine and gearbox with a v7 wrx loom. I stripped the v7 loom back so I'm only using the wiring from the engine to the ecu and removed the v2 stira engine to ecu wiring and merged the v2 stira body loom to the v7 wrx engine loom.

It cranks over with starter motor, I've hard wired the fuel pump for now so it runs with the ignition on but has no spark, coils have power and earth with continuity for the trigger going back to the ecu, injectors have 12v supply.haven't checked for injector pulse yet. The car is not mine it's a weekend job I'm doing and the link g4 is a v7-v9 plug in out of my personal car.

I know that the v7 wrx loom I'm using came out a car running avcs. 99% of v7's i come across at my work have avcs. All jdm v7 wrx and sti have avcs it's only the singapore/ Australian spec v7's that don't have avcs. There are a few pins that I don't know where they go and my wiring diagrams don't help me . One that is confusing me is b137 12 on my v7 sti it has 5.8v going into the ecu from my research on forums it says this is from the alternator but none of wiring diagrams can confirm this. Tomorrow I will be checking the inputs on another v7 sti just to compare.

• 4 months later...

Oldish thread, but I'm also doing this conversion right now with my mate, could anyone tell me if you need to wire in the self shut off control to get her fired up? I'm having trouble locating this pin on the ver7 ecu I have, people on other forums with merge guides saying its pin 6 from connector a134, the pinout I have though is saying its an A/C switch... And all the pinouts I find of the v7 Wrx ecu don't tell me anything about this shut off wire, I've been able to locate it from the v2 its going into using pinouts I have, runs to the main relay under the dash..

Yes the PDF you linked helped me last night. Was hoping that I had the same issue as SIRREX. Swapped pins 14 and 5 around which I think gave the ECU power as we are getting the CEL on IGN on and when Cranking it disappears. Problem I think is no spark. Have Fuel Pump wired to IGN On, Can smell fuel but Im not ruling out that the injectors are not getting a Signal from the ECU. Checked the voltage to the Sensors, they all getting the correct voltage. Coils and Injectors have a Constant 12v+ when IGN on. Seems like ive got the basics to start a motor covered. But spark is not happening. Will check again today after work..

Great, finally started it, after rechecking the wiring, found it was just a dodgy coil power wire merge lol.. Fixed that, fired up straight away. No cel codes so far, just need top up the water and check if the fans will turn on when she gets over temp and see if any problems arise. Not so afraid of this loom conversion now!

• 5 months later...