Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2003 BP GT-B electrical questions

Nith

Just been looking at a few things since I have brought the car, my clock / trip computer doesn't work and just displays an ERR code. What I have found from searching the forum is that it can be just a dry solder joint, correct me if I am wrong. I will take apart and look soon.

If some one could please help me explain a few other things as well to clear some confusion!

I was looking in the Main fuse box and found the fuse for Main Fan was removed, I have since replace it. Any reason for this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vwpr8i64jnekha/IMG_20141201_202715.jpg?dl=0

Also what the hell is this thing?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc31gq1jc7sj05q/IMG_20141201_202854.jpg?dl=0

Are these plugs for the fault code finding as well? Located on the floor near the bonnet latch

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hg3u2a77cj60j4/IMG_20141201_202901.jpg?dl=0

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Edited by Nith

• Admin

From what i've read it varies between models/ years some need both others not.. Mine has been able to pull roms from ecu and flash back using just the one under the passenger side carpet. Pretty much right at the top right near the glovebox.

Also if its 07+ it'll most likely be a canbus ecu which doesn't need to have the connectors connected at all. According to romraider atleast. Haven't tried doing it with mine which i assume is canbus since it needs to run the canbus setting in ecuflash to work.

Edit: you could also say if mine is a canbus ecu then me plugging in one of the connectors might not be even doing anything for flashing and that its working because it doesn't need to have them connected at all.

I should probably look a bit deeper into this.....

Edited by Andy_Mac

white plugs are for reprogramming keys. green plugs are diagnostic. and reflash. both must be plugged in to reflash. they are in series. the handsfree thing maybe a radar jammer parts? bet you fuse isnt needed as its either 1 or other depedning on motor

• Admin

So if they are in series then wouldn't you say that if you plug just one in then absolutly nothing would happen?

I know with mine if i do just the passenger one and turn the ign on it cycles the fans and does all the ticking and clicking and what not. So that would indicate its doing its diagnostic thing as it should without needing both. Comes up quite often on US based sites where they talk about only needing one set for flashing

Andy_Mac said:
So if they are in series then wouldn't you say that if you plug just one in then absolutly nothing would happen?

I know with mine if i do just the passenger one and turn the ign on it cycles the fans and does all the ticking and clicking and what not. So that would indicate its doing its diagnostic thing as it should without needing both. Comes up quite often on US based sites where they talk about only needing one set for flashing

You'll probably find that the ones on your drivers side are plugged in already, and your just using your passenger ones. When I found my passenger ones they were already plugged in.

tebbyj said:
You'll probably find that the ones on your drivers side are plugged in already, and your just using your passenger ones. When I found my passenger ones they were already plugged in.

This as when Subaru dealerships test the car when new they are lazy and only usually unplug 1 set