• Announcements

• RAYDEO

ClubSUB 2018 Calendar is now avilable!   24/09/17

Click here for more info!

The 2018 ClubSUB Calendar, Powered by Possum Borne Motorsport is now available.

12 Hand picked full colour photos, taken by menbers, submitted by members and chosen by members.
      All vehicles in the calendar are owned by members of the NZ Subaru Enthusiasts community.

A massive thanks to the team at PBMS for coming on board for another year!

This is a very sought after calendar and only available for a limited time.
      Also, if you are a subscribed member of ClubSUB, you will be in for a descent discount, so make sure you're logged in.

Please note, as these are printed to order, shipping will be delayed. we will make 3 orders, October 30th, November 27th, and December 11th. If you dont order intime to make one of these shipping dates, we will get it out to you in the new year.
  • Current Donation Goals

paroxysm

Version 7 Spec C Question

6 posts in this topic

I have to help a mate change the lower control arm on a version 7 Sti spec C (the ones with roof scoop, DCCD, wind up windows etc).

Are the control arms the same on these ones as on the standard V7s? I don't know the difference between the models and all I can find online is info for V1-6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No, those arms are different. They locate the ball joint further forward for increased caster. You might be able to use V9/V10 STi LCAs instead, or try to find Spec C ones from V7/V8.

Thanks for the help. Not having any luck finding a spec c one so far, so called Winger Subaru and got quoted $675 plus gst to get one from Japan...... Ill have to keep looking.

Thanks, I'm just paranoid about getting him to order one and its the wrong one, I might shoot out to Strong for Subaru and see if I can compare the one we took to a late model one.

paroxysm said:
Thanks for the help. Not having any luck finding a spec c one so far, so called Winger Subaru and got quoted $675 plus gst to get one from Japan...... Ill have to keep looking.

Bah I should of asked you if you were from clubsub