Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Saggy Butt Spacers

tweedo

unless they new the rates would have changed. if it was previously owned be a samoan church courtesy vehicle then the spring would have been compressed some what lol. you can remove the springs and take them to any decent suspension shop to get them rated

STI pinks are rather difficult to identify - no part numbers on them, only two colour marks/dots, that's the only way to identify them. There was a thread somewhere on Nasioc or LGT with a compiled table of what was what.

On top of wagon/sedan you have AT/MT and 2.0/3.0 springs for the front.

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

I got the setup through Strongs and they were sold specifically as a wagon setup but it definitely sits about 15-20mm lower in the back (measuring centre of wheel to guard).

The camber hasn't been touched in the back and is sitting at about -1deg... Would that be about factory?

I'm sure they are wagon struts though as they have the same parts numbers as my original struts.

tweedo']Hey guys thanks for the replies.

I got the setup through Strongs and they were sold specifically as a wagon setup but it definitely sits about 15-20mm lower in the back (measuring centre of wheel to guard).

Doesn't really mean/prove that the springs are wagon specific, all it means that Strongs removed them from a wagon (original owner might have put wrong springs to start with), 15-20mm is just way too much of a sag.

OR your front sits too high (3.0 springs, for example)

[quote name='tweedo said:

The camber hasn't been touched in the back and is sitting at about -1deg... Would that be about factory?

I'm sure they are wagon struts though as they have the same parts numbers as my original struts.

This does not apply to Legacy - same part numbers for wagon/sedan front and rear struts.

sobanoodle said:
Doesn't really mean/prove that the springs are wagon specific, all it means that Strongs removed them from a wagon (original owner might have put wrong springs to start with), 15-20mm is just way too much of a sag.

OR your front sits too high (3.0 springs, for example)

This does not apply to Legacy - same part numbers for wagon/sedan front and rear struts.

Ok so completely down to incorrect springs by the sound of it then?

And yeah I thought that was too much sag myself but have just learned to live with it up until now haha

Just had a wee look at what markings were on my springs... Back has the blue mark like in the photo but I couldn't, for the life of me, find a mark at all on the fronts.

There was a code on the sleeve that goes over the spring that I could search for but perhaps this will be a dead end if they are only identified by the coloured mark on them?

tweedo said:
Just had a wee look at what markings were on my springs... Back has the blue mark like in the photo but I couldn't, for the life of me, find a mark at all on the fronts.

There was a code on the sleeve that goes over the spring that I could search for but perhaps this will be a dead end if they are only identified by the coloured mark on them?

Now start asking Google what that blue dot means :D.

Dammit cannot find where I saw some info on that, LGT most likely.

After all my searching this was the only thing I could find that was of any use (off NASIOC).

"If you are buying used, the way to determine whether you are getting the "JDM pinks" is by a paint marking on the second coil from the top - it should be light blue. The US/SPT pinks will have a white paint mark."

sobanoodle said:
Alright, I've just got a set of Bilsteins with STI pinks on them. I know they definitely came off a sedan - one blue mark!

Photo below shows BP5D GT spec.B wagon set-up, two blue marks!

vGRQlW

Interesting, I'll have a squizz at mine, see how many blue marks there are on them.