Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

air fuel ratio sensor

4G63B8

Hi guys, so i took the subaru in to highbrook automative due to a slight miss on idle and they advised me that i may have a lazy/on its way out air fuel ratio sensor, they quoted me $600bux for the sensor plus labour??!!

Ok how do i find this sensor and is it something quite easy to replace myself at home?

Thanks for the help in advance...

Marky said:
"May have a lazy sensor"

They could always test it and confirm it rather than fixing a problem by (expensive!) replacement

They were going to charge labour to take it out to test it but the reading they got from the diagnostics showed that it was the cause of the idle issue, it was showing a slight drop in voltage every so often.

It bolts into the exhaust, in the front section *somewhere* - on a legacy it's in the manifold itself, I think in your car it's in the very start of the downpipe?

It's normally referred to as an 02 sensor.

Google will help you here, and replacements are easy to find (either subaru genuine or a variety of aftermarket ones, I think strongs sell them quite cheap too)

• Admin

V7's have 2, one is in the exhaust manifold on the driver's side and is a gigantic anus to get at if you don't have one of the slotted sockets, or an aftermarket manifold.

The rear one is in the downpipe just before the midpipe join and is not too bad to get at, 22mm ring spanner off the top of my head.

Its not bad to get at it just got to bend the inner panel alittle, undo it when its hot and use crc you should be able to move it with open end spanner, The heat shield is the pain! i will cut the top of the hole out so i don't have to loop the wiring from the sensor through and also you can use ring end of spanner to do up. here where you can buy from: http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/products/oxygen-sensor-22641-aa191

http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/products/oxygen-sensor-22641-aa042

Make sure you get the right one/(check the part number of your oem one first to be certain..(most likely the second link one)

• Admin
 4G63B8 said:
ah cool thanks guys! yeah boon its the one up on the driver's side that's faulty and hence the crazy labour charges they quoted me to get it out...cheers for the feedback !

For a workshop with a hoist and the slotted socket plus a rattle gun it would be a 5 minute job to swap it. If that.

boon said:
For a workshop with a hoist and the slotted socket plus a rattle gun it would be a 5 minute job to swap it. If that.

agreed with the right gear easy as, for a homer an hour cause i work slow while your at it grab a cobb up pipe gasket while your there and change it as well 9 times out of 10 this fails at some point also