Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BL BP Exhaust Thread

McDoof

Yep - what McDoof said. To be able to adjust the length is pretty good.

Right now they're quite far into the body.

And yeah, do like the subtleness of them, I used to have a B4 a while back that had a drain pipe on it and I much prefer this look - nearly like stockish.

And they're pretty thick as well.

• Admin

Enquired with Xforce about the 184/194 part difference for the two GT wagon items they sell, they've said its related to the factory hp rating, and differs because the later model had 10hp more. It's only listed as 06-09 so I think its safe to assume they're referring to kw not hp. Since when they swapped to the 2.5 they dropped the power to 185ish kw, hadn't heard of this power jump midway through the facelift model though. Clears it up either way.

I just fitted some cheap mufflers on my 3.0R. They were only $150 off trademe, so only done for a bit of fun.

they unfortunately hit the join between the heat shield and the body (this tiny lip).

I probably need new exhaust hangers that are a bit tougher. Anybody have a NZ source or do I need to import?

I also thought about using hose clamps around the hangers (the old tuck mod method). Will try this in the weekend also.

Very short video here: https://youtu.be/0QkJ3mrguyc

Pic;

OTbXDpX.jpg

• Admin

Why buy average ramps when you can create equally average ones for free ay, mine don't particularily like being left out in the rain for a week at a time though, since my projects never seem to get done before some rain comes in. Made them some raincoats out of an old tarp. Might need to make another set out of some more weather friendly wood next time...

A06122BC-44CA-4D4E-9884-416B38EAC4D1_zps

Edited by Andy_Mac
  • Like 1

I bought H5 treated bearers from Mitre10 Mega. Each one is 50mm thick so I get a 150mm lift. I think for all 4 corners it set me back about $50 all up (no pun intended really). I have to drive onto the first level before I add the other 2. I don't have 150mm clearance to put all 3 under. So that's why I have the bottom one longer. Never thought of using a mirror to see how I was driving on them. I just open the door and hang myself out.

ADIKT said:
Here are the 2min ****ters I made - work well for me though!

20151107_153139_zpsk2gzlyn8.jpg

Mine are almost identical to those, just one bit or 200x40ish as the ramp instead of 2 90x45's.:cool:

Worked mint when I couldn't get my trolley jack under the front of the car cos its a bit low...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

stolen from LGT.com

Q300 catback with a catless downpipe and EL headers, so in theory it should be fairly similar to what our twinscroll GT's will sound like.

Still do quite like the dirty noises those Invidia exhausts make. No matter how many other options I look into I still come back to wanting this one.

startup video with revs/ launch control

windows down video

windows up video

• 4 weeks later...
 McDoof said:
I am busy experimenting with my setup a bit. The Ultrex mufflers are a bit loud for me at times so I am running the stock mufflers right now after having a bit of a tinker this weekend.

Result is actually very quiet. But it is missing the deeper tones from the 3.0R that I get from the Ultrex units. Strangely I think that I have better torque delivery with the stock mufflers on.

I think I am going to keep an eye out for some STI quad tips to try and find a balance.

The other option is to put the Ultrex mufflers back on and try to silence it a bit in the mid section. Just not looking at spending any more money on the car at this point.

Your Ultrex on my Auto have the opposite effect, more torque and no drone which was my primary concern, Matt has tuned for the system as such but I have Raptor headers arriving this week so we will take the next step. Matt's has so far given me 60-70k extra per tank Wellington - Auckland, this can only improve with the headers.

Thanks Nikolai

• 1 month later...
 Andy_Mac said:
Got it from Rallysport Direct. Tried getting it from an Aussie store but would have worked out even more suprisingly.

Na cars not running yet. Hoping to have her running again this weekend

Aussie must have one of the most expensive international shipping costs in the world. I was planning on getting a custom clutch from Aussie and the shipping just made it too expensive to think about.

McDoof said:
Aussie must have one of the most expensive international shipping costs in the world. I was planning on getting a custom clutch from Aussie and the shipping just made it too expensive to think about.

Yeah i think so aye. I got a couple of Process West bits from MRT Performance last year and freight was pretty fast but it wasn't cheap!

• Like 1