Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2003 Subaru Legacy Aftermarket inlet pipe

duncanrp

• Admin

Got one of these making its way across the ditch as we speak, along with a post MAF pipe. Quite a list of things available there.

They're smaller than the likes of the Perrin ones but they are actually correct for our cars. The Perrin ones have an extra inlet for the 2.5GT which the 2.0GT models don't need. They are slimmer so in theory should be alot easier to install, unless going for huge gains there shouldn't be any noticeable difference.

Way way cheaper than any of the alternatives too since the Aussie dollar is fairly close and US is such a bastard right now.

Need to be a member of the forum to view I believe

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=20888&sid=b519b55dadb77c9803297ece7cb75d9f

Edited by Andy_Mac

Andy_Mac said:
Damn thats a fair bit. My original one looks like its in fairly good knick. Does yours have a set of numbers painted/printed on it that look like dates near the 90 degree bend?

I will have to have a look but I dont remember seeing numbers.

It is a bit of a mission to replace to be honest... The easiest thing way to do it is to remove the intake manifold, other wise you will be struggling for a very long time.

• Admin

Mine had numbers that almost looked like dates, looks like its pointing to 2012 if so, so wondering if it had been replaced since it looked to be in pretty good condition.

Just near the 90 degree bend, only needed to remove the engine cover to see. 3FFB689E-CAC1-4563-81B3-71F2F96048D2_zps

Didn't have too much trouble pulling mine out to check for cracks. Getting it off was just a matter of working out what needed to be removed to get to it. Unbolting the Plastic BOV runner and the vent line, crankcase maybe?, from the manifold made it alot easier. Along with the boost control solenoid bracket.

Probably took about 2-3 hours to get off, including removing intercooler and all that. Got everything back together and running in less than 1. Replacing the BOV clamp with a screw/worm one was key. Getting long enough pliers onto the original clamp probably took an hour on its own.

Edited by Andy_Mac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey guys, 

In terms of inlets are there any recommendations out there or is it a worthy upgrade? I see Moonlight have access to perrin and cobb ones at a rather steep price so I'm wondering if I even bother. 

I know the stock ones are known to cause a few issues but without it being faulty currently is it worth changing? 

Cheers