Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Got my first speed ticket 60km/h

rafaelcordoba

3 weeks driving and I got my first speed ticket at Evan's Bay Parade...

Unfortunately, I didn't notice I was above 50km/h, which the officer explained is the limit within the city :(

$80 bucks for speeding 60km/h, well lesson learned!

I wonder if there is a way to have a speed limiter in a Legacy, I remember a friend of mine had that in a Honda Fit, and every time he entered the city he would set it to 50km/h

Any ideas?

We really need to have some common speed limits for different types of areas as well... that way when there are no signs visible we can use some pre learnt knowledge to estimate how fast we should be going. For example 50 km/h for built up areas, 100 km/h for open roads... that kind of thing.

loner said:
We really need to have some common speed limits for different types of areas as well... that way when there are no signs visible we can use some pre learnt knowledge to estimate how fast we should be going. For example 50 km/h for built up areas, 100 km/h for open roads... that kind of thing.

Good point. I live in an area that has 50, 70, 80 and 100kph zones. Can't see why we need the 70 and 80kph zones. MY GPS also tells me that known 80 - 100 kph areas are 50.

It's almost like we need some sort of "test" whereby we demonstrate that we know some... let's say, "road rules". Once we have passed the "test"... we can be confident, as can other people... that we can drive a car in a way that adheres to these "road rules". I'm just thinking out loud... it'll probably never happen.

SpeedySub said:
Good point. I live in an area that has 50, 70, 80 and 100kph zones. Can't see why we need the 70 and 80kph zones. MY GPS also tells me that known 80 - 100 kph areas are 50.

Fkn eroad is chronic at that . Heaps of 100 to 50 zones in the wrong spot so we get warnings for limit exceeded by 50 + kph

Don't be so hard, he's literally been here 3 weeks. Don't act like your perfect. If you can't help, don't be a knob.

Any other month this wouldn't be a problem, since the police are out enforcing this 4K limit. It's literally a 10K difference, at 60K. Its not that big of a deal, so don't make it one.

loner']I am a perfect knob. Deal with it.

[quote name='chulozumo said:

Maaaaad, maybe you could bring your perfect self out to a meet sometime then ;)

#REKT

tbh, alot of traffic travels in and around the city at circa 10kms over.

or at 49ks under, not very often is there middle ground.

• Admin

Ahhh I have just a teeny tiny bit of sympathy for this fellow, the road around there is wide, mostly straight and probably the biggest factor is that 95% of drivers go around there in the high 50's to low 60's, not an excuse but if you're just a little bit inattentive and maintaining spacing in traffic it's very easy to drift up that way.

Plus Mr. Plod loves that spot just north of NIWA.

lols. everyone jumping to his defence... it's funny that people complain about there being no fun or drama in the forum anymore,

but when anyone tries to give anyone any ****, even if deserved, then the same people turn into the Police and make everyone play nice.

I don't care that this guy was speeding... but what he said was well deserving of some ****. Just got his licence but doesn't know the

speed limit in a city... wonders if there is some device to help control his speed... come on!

Loner,

At first I was not even going to reply, but because you are so toxic and make this community look like hostile to newcomers like me, I should let you know about it.

You know nothing about myself and you told me to "use my brain" in this thread and "keep mar car covered in a garage" in another thread to not have to wash it. This is ridiculous, it doesn’t help at all.

I didn't get my license yesterday mate, I've being driving for 13 years already, I arrived from overseas and was just new in town.

Yes I made a mistake to "speed" within the city, I assumed that. I wonder if you never ever went over the speed limit? If you didn’t get caught, good for you.

Communities like this should be a place you can talk/share whatever the **** you want, that's why I did it, so please use your brains to understand that.

loner said:
lols. everyone jumping to his defence... it's funny that people complain about there being no fun or drama in the forum anymore,

but when anyone tries to give anyone any ****, even if deserved, then the same people turn into the Police and make everyone play nice.

I don't care that this guy was speeding... but what he said was well deserving of some ****. Just got his licence but doesn't know the

speed limit in a city... wonders if there is some device to help control his speed... come on!

rafaelcordoba said:
Loner,

At first I was not even going to reply, but because you are so toxic and make this community look like hostile to newcomers like me, I should let you know about it.

You know nothing about myself and you told me to "use my brain" in this thread and "keep mar car covered in a garage" in another thread to not have to wash it. This is ridiculous, it doesn’t help at all.

I didn't get my license yesterday mate, I've being driving for 13 years already, I arrived from overseas and was just new in town.

Yes I made a mistake to "speed" within the city, I assumed that. I wonder if you never ever went over the speed limit? If you didn’t get caught, good for you.

Communities like this should be a place you can talk/share whatever the **** you want, that's why I did it, so please use your brains to understand that.

Dude... read your first post, then wonder how you would have answered? I device for limiting the speed of your car automatically based on the

current speed limit? FFS!!!! Then you ask if anyone has any special tips for keeping a Subaru clean? Really? Maybe I am toxic.. maybe I

am just intolerant of idiots?

Actually there is a speed limiting device you can use to regulate your speed when needed. It's sometimes known as a throttle or accelerator and the best bit is you can operate it with your foot! Too fast?! Simply lift your foot! Too slow?! Simply press your foot down. BAM! Isn't technology wonderful.

AMAZING STUFF

I pretty much hate the traffic police (we have it pretty tough in chch, and some are awesome but for everyone awesome one I meet I meet at least 3 douche ones) but if you were speeding then that's just bad luck... Be more attentive next time. Distracted drivers are dangerous drivers. You're in control of a 1.5 tonne piece of metal/rubber and a fast zippy piece of metal at that. **** gets real fast when you're not paying attention and something happens on the road.

On a more serious note a gps device maybe of use to you as they have speed limit warnings n that, might be the go?

rafaelcordoba said:
I didn't ask for a device that "automagically" sets speed limits based on the roads.

Some cars have that. It's like cruise control, you set a limit yourself manually.

You live in a world full of idiots like myself, learn to develop some tolerance.

I have no need for tolerance.

Edited by loner

• Admin
 rafaelcordoba said:
I didn't ask for a device that "automagically" sets speed limits based on the roads.

Some cars have that. It's like cruise control, you set a limit yourself manually.

You live in a world full of idiots like myself, learn to develop some tolerance.

loren is of the internet old-school, he believes in thick skins, speaking your mind, and he's a bit salty after all these years, due to all the grains of salt people have taken him with ;)

I can't quite decide whether the authorities would like to have automatic speed limiters on vehicles (to enforce their supposed will), or if the loss of high ROI revenue and the likely invariance of traffic accident statistics would be too annoying for them.