Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Got a new 06 Legacy - most of the electrics dont work

Norman1nz

Hey chaps..

I went on a big 9 hour return road trip to pick up my new GT last week and for the most part I'm loving it.. Seems it's even got the EyeSight feature - which wasn't advertised either - I think this is a good thing...

Got it for a really good price too here but there's so many things wrong with it..

1) On steering wheel the cruise buttons on RHS work but the audio buttons on LHS dont.

2) The button label lights for aircon and stereo don't light up at all, though the temp display is on fulltime.

3) The CD stacker works but forgets which CD / track has played last and always reverts to CD1, Tr1 after starting the car. Also the radio doesn't pick up any stations. I think it has a band expander.

4) Fog light indicator on the dash seems to only engage intermittently but the lights themselves dont work. (also the display on column button shows a left and right facing bulb but only the right facing one ever shows on the dash - sometimes)

5) The I / Set button on steering wheel for trip meter etc doesn't work - but the up and down display buttons do.

6) There's only one remote, and being push button start, it's really hard to get a replacement.

7) It has electric seats and the driver memory setting buttons beep correctly but it doesn't seem to remember / restore setting.

Ideas?

Should I pull the dash / steering wheel to bits and look for any easy fixes / disconnected cables... Or just get a professional to do it all.

I guess I could try to pass on the cost to the seller MTF Tauranga as the problems weren't described in the trademe advert... None of the above issues appeared on the WOF check sheet either.

Nice car

From the pics in the Trademe link it doesn't look like that car has eye sight - should have two camera looking things by the rear view mirror

Subaru-Eyesight-02.jpg

The I/set button on the steering wheel does jack **** - The only time it has done something for me was when My drivers door wasn't closed properly, car beeped at me so I pressed that button and it told me on the display that my door was open (not sure what else it does)

The standard kenwood stereos on these are very temperamental - I would still pull the stereo out and check all the connections (sounds like something behind there is causing most of your issues)

Yes those key fobs are expensive - try find a part number and search for cheap options online (partsuoq)

Again I would look under the seat to make sure everything is plugged in

Norman1nz said:

3) The CD stacker works but forgets which CD / track has played last and always reverts to CD1, Tr1 after starting the car.

Check that the head unit is getting constant 12v, there is a acc wire and a 12v constant supply wire. if it isn't getting constant power when the key is off it won't remember any settings

ADIKT']Nice car

From the pics in the Trademe link it doesn't look like that car has eye sight - should have two camera looking things by the rear view mirror

Yeah, not eyesight, but it does have adaptive cruise control (si-cruise), also known as Full Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control (FSRACC) which uses radar that you can just see in pic 1 of the trademe link (in the grill). Another giveaway are the buttons on the right-hand side of the steering wheel. Normal cruise control has 4? buttons here, but adapative cruise control will have 5 buttons.

"The lidar mounted inside the front grille detects the tracking distance and the difference in driving speed between the drivers car and the car ahead. This system, by optimally controlling equipment such as the engine, transmission and brakes, maintains a precise tracking (following) distance. The speed range controllable under this sytem is wider than that of conventional Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), covering from approximately 0km/h to 100km/h.

When the car is moving at a low speed due to a traffic jam, etc., it automatically accelerates and decelerates in synch with the movement of the car ahead until it comes to a complete stop, thereby reducing the burden on drivers of having to constantly adjust and control the cars speed."

[quote name='Wiki said:

"Lidar (also written LIDAR, LiDAR or LADAR) is a surveying technology that measures distance by illuminating a target with a laser light. Although thought by some to be an acronym of Light Detection And Ranging, the term lidar was actually created as a portmanteau of "light" and "radar"."

img]http://i.imgur.com/TJj1LIdl.jpg[/img]

jQvVyd9l.jpg

Ahh thanks for all thw info guys!

I didn't get any email alert on replies so thought I'd login and bump it up again :-P

Swt I was wondering where the eyesight cameras were!

How do I reset the trip meter? I thought this was what the i/set button was for but no dice?

I'll check for the computer under the seat.. Also I've been hunting for the fusebox n only seen pics of the one under the bonnet - would anything there maybe contribute to the issues?

• Admin

The push button/stalk coming out of the dash glass/plastic on the right hand side. Pushing changes between A and B trips and holding it resets the one currently selected.

Other fuse box is behind the holder under mirror adjusters on the RHS

• 3 weeks later...

Did you actually try to unbolt the seat, you can undo two rear bolts and just loosen two at the front just enough to tilt the seat?

Could be one plug for heating element (guessing yours does not have heated seats), others could be for NAVI/DVD unit that usually seats under the seat.

Did you try to remove the stereo and see if anything is unplugged there? Steering wheel controls is a separate harness and might just be unplugged completely.

Cheers subanoodle - haven't tried unbolting the seat yet so I'll try have a crack at this tomorrow..

Could the steering wheel control also be in behind the stereo too? Want to remove that to try connect an AUX cable too (I'm guessing in behind here as there's an aux input option but I can't find any plug)

Norman1nz said:
Cheers subanoodle - haven't tried unbolting the seat yet so I'll try have a crack at this tomorrow..

Could the steering wheel control also be in behind the stereo too? Want to remove that to try connect an AUX cable too (I'm guessing in behind here as there's an aux input option but I can't find any plug)

SWC hooked up to the stereo, 4-pin plug if I remember correctly.

You need a special harness to activate AUX input, sold on TM. Pretty sure ADIKT did a write-up on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So having had a lot of trouble tracking down the parts I've finally got into this.. Got all the connectors into i85 housing connector but when trying to pull one of the cables back out of it, it snapped inside it uggg.

So now its working but only have one channel :-/

Edited by Norman1nz