Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Reputable tuners in Christchurch?

jmalk

• 3 weeks later...

Give Jas(gotasuby) a call and see what he can do for you and give NZEFi a call and ask speak to Walter and see what they can do. I guess I'm just looking at the reputable tune which would be dyno tune not really road tune plus Jas would have been just starting kindy when Walter was tuning cars...just saying

gotasuby! tuned both of my v7 sti's with stock ecus. awesome guy and teachs you **** loads about what hes doing aswell... which is kind of invaluable. I personally would avoid spec just because i had a really bad experience with them at a dyno day and didnt like their manner. but hey, theres **** reports about all the tuning companies. just my 2 cents

hunter951 said:
gotasuby! tuned both of my v7 sti's with stock ecus. awesome guy and teachs you **** loads about what hes doing aswell... which is kind of invaluable. I personally would avoid spec just because i had a really bad experience with them at a dyno day and didnt like their manner. but hey, theres **** reports about all the tuning companies. just my 2 cents

do tell

hunter951 said:
about spec? nothing huge like blowing up my car. so really bad is a bit of an exaggeration. Just their **** attitude and there system reading A/F .5 higher and boost 1-2psi higher than they actually were.

What was that tested against? Remember their wideband is worth 5k- and the boost side is part of a fckin expensive dyno. My tuner laughed when i said it had a wideband fitted so he didnt need his...

evowrx said:
What was that tested against? Remember their wideband is worth 5k- and the boost side is part of a fckin expensive dyno. My tuner laughed when i said it had a wideband fitted so he didnt need his...

Who's your tuner clint? There's also a good tuner up around your ways isn't there? I forget the fellas cs name but I remember threads about him traveling around nz doing road tunes etc.. that could be another option yeah..

hijacka said:
Who's your tuner clint? There's also a good tuner up around your ways isn't there? I forget the fellas cs name but I remember threads about him traveling around nz doing road tunes etc.. that could be another option yeah..

I use glen suckling/gds automotive lets you sit in on the whole thing and explains it. Doesnt advertise and mainly tunes race cars so dont hear much about him.

Al/raijin performance prob who youre thinking of but it was only a spare time thing family came first.

evowrx said:

Thats the thing... I never saw them put a wide band up it's arse. So unless I missed that I duno... And when the stock ecu is reading 20psi and theirs or sting 21.8 on first pull? Is the ecu that useless is reads 2psi out? Regardless, I wasn't happy with it all and how they talked to me after

hunter951 said:
about spec? nothing huge like blowing up my car. so really bad is a bit of an exaggeration. Just their **** attitude and there system reading A/F .5 higher and boost 1-2psi higher than they actually were.

I had nothing but good experiences with Spec. Explained everything that was going on through the process and had some really nice fabrication work done where they fixed the leaks in my intercooler piping. Their dyno was within 0.1 compared to my Innovate gauge which I took add meaning that my gauge wasn't as bad as I'd been led to believe (if you believe internet reviews) and the boost came out pretty much where it should be.

Have to take my car back soon to finish it off, after I finally found the issues I'd caused that held it back from its it's full potential. Which they'd taken a huge amount of time to try to meet my expectations in the first place.