Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Average Torque Performance Tune?

Niran

kwi_fozze said:
I call schenanigans... If you are noticably richer than you were previously he's done a shyte job.

The Vf37 should come on like a farking freight train with the 3 port, yes its a little more complex, but thats why you pay a tuner as much as you do.

F**k, I should start tuning professionally...

This is fozze.

LUDIKRIS said:
Interesting conversation going on guys, I've got my car booked in at Dtech on the 18th.

08 Foz, XT, TD05 etc etc. Will update ya'll.

You won't have any issues with them it will be done well.

I playes around with my avcs quite a bit in the v7, cot some mental spool out of it, but didnt go all that far as its quite easy to overdo.

Seen a "lean" pbms tune targeting 11.2 at its leanest on boost... Was a tune done for a v7 spec c with a 3 port controlled ewg.

Some of the maps were useful, but mostly in what not to do lol

Only made 205kW at the wheels too

I was warned off going to Torque for my car as well. I ended up with a box tune from the US which seems to be OK. I was also recommended a place in Taupo but I don't know if they do Subbies.

Ages ago I got my Stagea "tuned" at Torque as well. It did have only ****ty SAFC and SITC piggy backs but I wasn't happy with it and it was really flat in the mid range. I managed to tweak it myself and get 9 more kw and largely fix the flat mid range. I took it back for a Torque dyno day and my fueling was bang on 11.5 all the way through instead of dipping down to 10.5.

So yeah, not impressed.

So I had a damn good tune from Torque Performance making 233.1kW ATW and also have a 2003 WRX STi.

Boost tuned to 22PSI peaking at 3,5000 RPM and tapering down to 18 from 6,000 RPM.

From 4,000 RPM AFR is tuned to 11.0 to keep EGT down and prevent knock. At 3,000 RPM AFR is 12.5.

Engine modifications are;

-3" Turbo Back (Catless)

-K&N Typhoon Kit (Intake)

-Grimspeed 3 Port Boost Solenoid

-GFB Mach 2

-Grimspeed Air Oil Seperator

My question is have you had a decent look at the car before taking it in?

For example looking for boost leaks, blow by, remove the restrictor pill?

Also given your boost response I'd think there may be an issue with your turbo.

Given that I had such a good tune from them I'd only assume you may have an issue with your car.

Tehaviata said:
Not sure who tuned my car, some dude that used to be an aircraft technician so I trust his judgement as I too am one.

And yip, VF37.

Right, so it wasn't the older guy Rob? Rob is the owner. He tuned mine aye. So i'll take a wild guess and say the same tuner that did yours isn't around anymore maybe?

Edited by Niran

No idea.

Looking at your chart I would have put AFR 11.0-11.5 at richest and put boost up to 22 PSI max (after 22 PSI VF37s aren't efficient as the heat generated ruins the cold air).

In saying that I don't know how hot your EGT was, how well your turbo performs, or how your Boost Solenoid was doing.

One thing I do want to add is I do feel it is unjust to badmouth Torque Performance.

Looking at your chart you've got steady torque curves, steady boost and steady AFR. Yeah the AFR is a quite a bit rich but if your car was knocking then its a fair call. Personally I would have gone in with BP Ultimate 98 or even Gull 98 as it has a lower tendency to knock from what I've seen.

The thing is you're still making 215kW ATW where brand new from factory they make 220kW at the flywheel.

Also when going to get a tune you can't just assume what power figures you're going to make because every engine is different and has been subject to different environments/operating hours.

Before you got your car it could have been absolutely raped and not warmed up or cooled whereas mine could have just been driven with care.

evowrx said:
Yep old tuner went mobile so yep pretty clear difference there.

Flip you seem to know everything! Haha thanks bro. That would explain a lot. I was wondering why the owner was doing the tuning? But yup, will be getting a refund for sure now.

KingCole said:
I am interested to see if they actually give you a refund.

Well i've booked in with him for next friday to resolve my issues. He said if im still not happy then he will refund. Im thinking now that i know what i know, I'll ask him not to waste his time on the day as Im taking it elsewhere.

I would just take it to dtech, never heared a bad word about them, certainly can't say the same for other tuners around Pukekohe/ Auckland.

Id just go dtech for peace of mind. The sheet looks good just think it looks rich but im no tuner. Ring dave at dtech for his thoughts. Just explain your thoughts not oh i thought it wouldve made 240wkw if you know what i mean.

Niran said:
oh wow! Right so he does road tunes now. That in mind, and him being the expert he is. Do you think I'd be better off getting a tune tech road Tune or driving down to dtech for a dyno tune?

I originally inquired with Tunetechnic and with his price i was better off going to Dtech and getting a dyno tune. If i remember correctly it was around the $800-$900 mark.

Plus he didn't seem too keen to do my car which had aftermarket turbo, injectors etc