Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

xforce exhaust system

STiLTD

• Admin

Would steer clear of items like that. Most of them are dodgy as **** and give little real world, long term results.

Remember, a Tactrix is just a cable/hardware solution to communicate with the ECU there still has to be someone tuning it to get the results.

jbmurc3.0 said:

Find Daytona on this forum and check out his setup. He sold his car but he spent a lot of time and money working things out with a similar setup to you. . This helped me a lot when I did my exhaust.

McDoof said:
Find Daytona on this forum and check out his setup. He sold his car but he spent a lot of time and money working things out with a similar setup to you. . This helped me a lot when I did my exhaust.

Yes have read many of the guys set-ups on here and lib-aus ...lots of great imfo .my new plan>>>>

Raptor headers to standard Cats right after two vibrant 12" 2.25" bottle style resonators to X-force exhaust . (will delete third cat)

think this should give a great note ....also just got a message from Kido sounds like he will be over in NZ in August ...hope he can make it to the south Island >>>>

• 2 months later...

So sounds like Kido is coming to Chch late this month .... trying to talk him in coming over sooner to say Dunedin or Queenstown ..anyone on Clubsub in the deep south keen on getting a tune in person ????!!

Waiting on my Raptor headers have just been sent ....anyone have idea on how long to arrive ?? guessing a week

Sancho said:
Yes... I need a tune and so does someone else I know down here :P

Right will cost $400+ ...you 100% on your mate ....? might send him txt see if he's keen....thinking if he was it would be queenstown as flying from Aus to Dunedin is an ass timewise no direct flights I understand.....

Edited by jbmurc3.0

Loving having the headers fitted finding it revs much faster at the top end basically screams to just over 7k ....but still very quiet while cruising 100-110k.... my full setup >> Raptor Headers > stock cats > Holden 2.25 resonators > X-force cat back ...brilliant setup IMHO

• 1 month later...

If any you guys after remote tune as I got one in person so in the end didn't need to use it .....so have my new never used Tractrix 2.0 for sale paid $296 only couple months ago is listed on TM   ....$225 for CS members free freight ..just PM me

Listing #: 1167557676

Edited by jbmurc3.0

• 1 month later...

Months on from the new exhaust Raptor headers , stock cats, ex 2.25 HSV resonators to X-force catback I have decided to add another muffler and went with the "Vibrant Ultra quiet resonator" to either replace or add into the system ....just a bit too much Boy racer for me at times

Just now, jbmurc3.0 said:

Months on from the new exhaust Raptor headers , stock cats, ex 2.25 HSV resonators to X-force catback I have decided to add another muffler and went with the "Vibrant Ultra quiet resonator" to either replace or add into the system ....just a bit too much Boy racer for me at times

:D surprise, surprise!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 2:50 PM, sobanoodle said:

:D surprise, surprise!

Yes always expected it was going be much louder and 80% of the time I love the sound difference over stock aka open road sweet ...but now and again it annoys me at lower speeds and as I drive 20,000kms+ per year ..why not have it perfect ...final cost should be a touch over $1600 including install ...which is going be pretty good IMHO for full stainless ....

next up front window tint ...mesh grill ...sway-bars ....should be it

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone. I installed the X-force Stainless cat back exhaust on my Legacy 3.0R 2004 Wagon last night and I love it! It sounds so f***ing good! Only thing is it drones a bit at slow speeds/ low RPM. Has anyone successfully fixed this without too much expense? 

On a side note: The stock exhaust had a ball and socket joint with spring washers behind the 3rd cat but the X-Force exhaust had a flat flange (no socket) and the bolts provided didn't fit. I ended up having to fudge it into place using the stock spring bolts and squishing it onto the "ball" gasket. I did it up pretty damn tight so I feel like it must be air tight but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they fixed it? I have some photos but dont have a URL to post them to. 

Cheers

24 minutes ago, TheJZA said:

Hi everyone. I installed the X-force Stainless cat back exhaust on my Legacy 3.0R 2004 Wagon last night and I love it! It sounds so f***ing good! Only thing is it drones a bit at slow speeds/ low RPM. Has anyone successfully fixed this without too much expense?

I'm confused... do you love it or do you need to fix it because it's annoying?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Loren said:

I'm confused... do you love it or do you need to fix it because it's annoying?

I love the sound but I want to fix the drone at low RPM....

6 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

What you get when you buy XForce :) 

3.0R do get very droney if opened up too much. You need a decent resonator in there, or beefier mufflers. 

So I would have to replace the mufflers? No easier option? Its not so bad that I would go to that extent, I just don't wanna annoy the neighbours when I leave early in the morning or come home late at night. Also I don't want to attract too much attention when I'm driving slowly through carparks etc. 

Edited by TheJZA

So I would have to replace the mufflers? No easier option? Its not so bad that I would go to that extent, I just don't wanna annoy the neighbours when I leave early in the morning or come home late at night. Also I don't want to attract too much attention when I'm driving slowly through carparks etc. 
Don't worry about it. Probably not as annoying as you think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Loren said:

Don't worry about it. Probably not as annoying as you think.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alright, cheers bro. Maybe I will just look into putting some additional sounds deadening above the mufflers to cut out some of the cabin noise. It could also be a joint that isn't sealed properly. I did all the nuts up bloody tight but the front connection seemed a bit weird. I'll get my mechanic to look at it next time I take it in for a WOF. 

7 hours ago, TheJZA said:

Alright, cheers bro. Maybe I will just look into putting some additional sounds deadening above the mufflers to cut out some of the cabin noise. It could also be a joint that isn't sealed properly. I did all the nuts up bloody tight but the front connection seemed a bit weird. I'll get my mechanic to look at it next time I take it in for a WOF. 

Put it up on stands and get under it while the engine is running... you'll find the leaks pretty quick.

Has anyone here installed the Raptor headers that can give me some info? Has it affected fuel efficiency? Obviously its all about how you drive but I'm just wondering if the reduced back pressure and advanced timing (with a tune) also makes a noticeable difference to fuel efficiency? I have an XRT base tune that I got when the car was stock (just K&N air filter) and Edward had to pull a lot of timing to prevent the engine from knocking. It seems counterproductive but it actually made the car run much better because its not always knocking and drastically pulling timing. He also improved throttle and transmission response so the car drives much better than it did with the stock tune. The downside to this though is that the fuel efficiency is marginally worse than it was in stock form and I believe this is just down to the fact that the timing is retarded slightly which results in slightly less effective use of combustion pressure (peak pressure occurs slightly after top dead centre). I watched Turbo Yoda's video on YouTube where he talked about the EZ30 and he said that the stock headers cause the car to knock badly and that by installing aftermarket headers it fixes the knocking so I inferred from that that we could advance the timing beyond stock timing once headers are installed which would improve power and fuel efficiency. 

Any thoughts anyone? 

Link to Turbo Yoda's video: 

• 2 years later...
On 5/05/2016 at 6:20 PM, jbmurc3.0 said:

Have fitted the second hand X-force cat-back to my new Legacy 3.0 ...and I'm impressed perfect tone ...no drone or rasp ...just a noticeable note that builds to a much more aggressive roar >>> also perfect fit with tips at outlets

also fitted the stainless intake box ...but now with the exhaust don't really here much of the induction noise I did with stock exhuast

Hey dude,

Just wondering what exact model of XFORCE catback you got (like, E4-SL06-CBS for example) and what orientation the flange was connecting to the ‘converter assembly front’. I have the spring bolts lower on the right, and higher on the left. Was it the same?

Cheers in advance for any help!

On 18/07/2019 at 1:28 PM, TheJZA said:

On a side note: The stock exhaust had a ball and socket joint with spring washers behind the 3rd cat but the X-Force exhaust had a flat flange (no socket) and the bolts provided didn't fit. I ended up having to fudge it into place using the stock spring bolts and squishing it onto the "ball" gasket. I did it up pretty damn tight so I feel like it must be air tight but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they fixed it? I have some photos but dont have a URL to post them to. 

Cheers

Hey dude, 

Just like i asked to the other XFORCE user, what exact model of catback did you get? (For example, E4-SL06-CBS) Also, what was the flange orientation? I have the lower spring bolt on the right side, and the higher spring bolt on the left side. Was yours the same?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/09/2021 at 2:36 PM, Floomoo said:

Hey dude, 

Just like i asked to the other XFORCE user, what exact model of catback did you get? (For example, E4-SL06-CBS) Also, what was the flange orientation? I have the lower spring bolt on the right side, and the higher spring bolt on the left side. Was yours the same?

https://www.performanceexhaust.com.au/p/4th-Gen-BL-BP-2003-2009/SUBARU-LIBERTY-H6-3.0LT-6CYL-XFORCE-2.5-409-GRADE/E4-SL07-CBS

Is the one I got second-hand from memory ... but I still found it too loud so took out stupid Hotdog centre muffler and replaced with NZ made Adrenalin resonator 450mm long $240!! ... Raptor headers ...old HSV Cats ...

flange was just two bolt (but I think I got new ones fitted) all up the total exhaust system cost me well over $1200 ....but its fully stainless so should last another 200,000kms+ in my next BP Legacy H6 .....

90% of my diving is highway ...and I get 11kms per lt of fuel which I'm thinking works out 9lts per 100kms ... which is brilliant as I've got a lead foot ....

I do get some minor knocking around 2750rpm on 95 .... mine was tuned by Kido .... 

Also got stainless intake tube and aftermarket intake pipe ...I keep paper filter as K&N lets in far to much fine dust...