• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

VF22 cant reach to 20psi/laggy

subaroo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup supercheap have some cheap packs of 10 for about $6 or so. BNT will have the nice strong hose clamps but they'll be a bit more pricey than the supercheap ones, ask for trade discount. (I would only recommend the super cheap ones for low pressure situations e.g not on fuel lines)

subaroo said:
yeap thanks for the advice. noticed theres exhaust leak pre turbo(between extractors and up pipe).

That will probably be the cause of the late spooling. Not sure if it will fix your no boost issue. Definitely check the intake for piping leaks they are very common. And make sure you replumb the stuff back up to factory

No issue with cable ties here to 24psi. Silicon hoses stick on without anything but dont advise it. Helps if it has a flare in it then its next to impossible for it to blow off with a tie snugging it down.

evowrx said:
No issue with cable ties here to 24psi. Silicon hoses stick on without anything but dont advise it. Helps if it has a flare in it then its next to impossible for it to blow off with a tie snugging it down.

Nah they're ****. Suppose it depends what type you use and how they're done. But as a general rule they're ****. And to save what $20?

Ummm if you're trying to save it just a hack saw with a 32 blade thing. Maybe a a grinder with thin blade, Possibly snips/cutters but then you'll have to fix the part that's bent flat. Be sure to get the swarf off the edges

If you want to replace it, buy a threaded nipple piece from somewhere (try plumbing store maybe)

Grind old nipple flat, drill correct size for thread, tap thread

006_zpsgxrumb4d.jpg

100_1949.jpg

Edited by slystiguy

subaroo said:
Having trouble straightening the turbo nipple, hand saw not working too well. bought a nipple cutter for 15dollars from bunning but doesnt have enough room to fit. any other idea guys?

Best would be dremmel type with little cutoff blade..

Any of your mates into bone carving..

subaroo said:
hey guys use to run a vf28 spool very quick full boost comes around 3.5k-3.8k

recently did some upgrades, split fuel rails, vf22 and 38mm turbosmart wastegate 12 or 14 psi spring cant remember(unplum)

currently running hks evc boost controller, when i set the boost controller to 14 psi full boost comes on slow about 4.5krpm and the wastegate opens and sounds nice and sharp but if i crank it on to 20psi the turbo seems to struggle to reach to 20psi only can reach upto 16-17psi, wastegate doesnt open until 6-7krpm and once it opens sounds bad like hissing and not smooth

have supporting mods, front mount, semi tune headers, 3" downpipe to exhaust, silicone intake duct and a perfect power smt8-t piggyback ecu.

"http://www.rx7club.com/attachments/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/445255d1319116335-electronic-boost-controller-comparison-chart-ewg_ebc.jpg"

dont know why the turbo so laggy and cant run 20psi

please help cheers.

Did the seat get left out of the wastegate when installing?

Although that wouldn't explain why it can't hit peak boost, but would cause it to be slow to start to make boost.

Koom said:
Did the seat get left out of the wastegate when installing?

Although that wouldn't explain why it can't hit peak boost, but would cause it to be slow to start to make boost.

nah seat was install with wastegate.. gotta remove the turbo and check it out. worst comes to worst anyone how much steve murch charge to rebuild a vf22? if its $500+ might aswell get a td05 18g/20g instead of rebuilding

hunter951 said:
or vf34 with p20 exhaust housing...

Had both personally. Id go td05 20g on a 2l. Do it through murch and you have a turbo that outperforms and outlasts the vf34. Not quite as spooly but make more power across the board from 4k up and hold boost to redline.