Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lowered outback thread

ADIKT

JGM said:
Sure do! The silver pre face lift was my 2003, just bought this 2008 last weekend! Don't think you would have seen them both there though, unless I can somehow drive two cars at once? :confused:

Nice outback! Looks lowered ;)

ADIKT said:
Nice outback! Looks lowered ;)

Cheers! It may or may not have had the soft/bouncy/horrible suspension swapped for my bilsteins with STI pinks the day after purchase!

ps. What/how on earth did you get those flaming basketballs of bump stops out?

JGM said:
Cheers! It may or may not have had the soft/bouncy/horrible suspension swapped for my bilsteins with STI pinks the day after purchase!

ps. What/how on earth did you get those flaming basketballs of bump stops out?

I used a vice grip on the actual rubber - they spin out - maybe try spraying them with crc or something to help

How close are your bumpstops from the upper control arms?

ADIKT said:
I used a vice grip on the actual rubber - they spin out - maybe try spraying them with crc or something to help

How close are your bumpstops from the upper control arms?

Currently sitting on the control arms, hence why I need to get them out! I've tried vice grips and pipe wrenches so I'll give them another go tonight.

JGM said:
Currently sitting on the control arms, hence why I need to get them out! I've tried vice grips and pipe wrenches so I'll give them another go tonight.
Yea I had that issue as well - I'll eventually change the control arms

You should see my custom legacy ones haha - they're pretty whory but they work!

Looks good on the sti wheels!

ADIKT said:
Yea I had that issue as well - I'll eventually change the control arms

You should see my custom legacy ones haha - they're pretty whory but they work!

Looks good on the sti wheels!

Are you currently running custom legacy arms on your 3 litre?

They're off an 04 forester STI! They don't quite fill out the flares on the outback (sat really flush on my legacy)

JGM said:
Are you currently running custom legacy arms on your 3 litre?

They're off an 04 forester STI! They don't quite fill out the flares on the outback (sat really flush on my legacy)

I'm still running the factory outback arms - I got some legacy bumpstops and trimmed the **** out of them to give me an effective bumpstop with a decent amount of travel. Putting legacy upper control arms in will give even more room. I'll see if i have a pic of the whoriness

ADIKT said:
I'm still running the factory outback arms - I got some legacy bumpstops and trimmed the **** out of them to give me an effective bumpstop with a decent amount of travel. Putting legacy upper control arms in will give even more room. I'll see if i have a pic of the whoriness

Sounds good to me!

I think that is the route I'll have to go down, just need to get the damn things out first!

JGM said:
Sounds good to me!

I think that is the route I'll have to go down, just need to get the damn things out first!

Had a good look through my pics and didn't find anything - must have been pretty whory if I didn't take pics of them haha - I'm contemplating just chucking some adjustable legacy upper control arms in there (mo camber) http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/suspension/auction-1090978959.htm (holy **** these are cheap currently)

I'll move all these posts into another thread so this tag thread isn't so messy

ADIKT said:
Jelly of you sunroof JGM - you get the 3.0?

This awesome, now I have somewhere to annoy you when I require some assistance! Are there any other Outbacks around to join in? Anybody out there?

Don't you have a sunroof? :confused: It is an nz new 2.5l 5 speed 'Lux', (sunroof, leather seats etc...) plus I'm the second owner!

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
Had a good look through my pics and didn't find anything - must have been pretty whory if I didn't take pics of them haha - I'm contemplating just chucking some adjustable legacy upper control arms in there (mo camber) http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/suspension/auction-1090978959.htm (holy **** these are cheap currently)

I'll move all these posts into another thread so this tag thread isn't so messy

Fark those are cheap right now. No wonder no ones bid on mine. They were north of $250 from scarles when I first put mine up. Could do mine for $150 for CS members if any of you are interested. They're brand new too.

Andy_Mac said:

Fark those are cheap right now. No wonder no ones bid on mine. They were north of $250 from scarles when I first put mine up. Could do mine for $150 for CS members if any of you are interested. They're brand new too.

I'll take them if you are happy at that price? PM your details and I'll send you moneys

JGM said:
This awesome, now I have somewhere to annoy you when I require some assistance! Are there any other Outbacks around to join in? Anybody out there?

Don't you have a sunroof? :confused: It is an nz new 2.5l 5 speed 'Lux', (sunroof, leather seats etc...) plus I'm the second owner!

No sunroof for me :( Mines a nz new 3.0r 5speed auto with leather - non mcintosh stereo

I suppose there should be pics in this thread so here we go lol:

How she started:

20150805_080247_zpsxo6oj0sv.jpg

Within the first week: (I like ****ing **** up)

20150807_201403_zpsnsgygu0n.jpg

20150807_201214_zpsiho3isen.jpg

20150808_150117_zpsynvy5yen.jpg

20150808_103402_zpsbdajnka6.jpg

Plastidipped the front grill

20150808_150041_zpscv7fv8lv.jpg

20150809_130909_zpszf5m90nv.jpg

20150810_075227_zpsikuwhoe1.jpg

20150815_100855_zpsmwehvthc.jpg

My lowered outback behind my mates standard height pre facelift outback

20150908_174816_zps52jua6sr.jpg

Had to drop the front a 10mm to match the rear a little better after everything had settled

20151108_181302_zps3zvkzfcd.jpg

20151227_140757_zps7icmlcwr.jpg

20160118_193420_zpshdainyox.jpg

Got her some new wheels for cheap - just needed a good clean up

20160122_185932_zpsycvup4tr.jpg

20160122_080116_zpsn9vk2u9j.jpg

20160123_141357_zpstjtp6157.jpg

20160124_164037_zps1tzponb5.jpg

20160206_164914_zpsgxegmcua.jpg

20160319_122522_zpsxun4pdf9.jpg

20160319_110759_zpssagagxpd.jpg

20160515_154615_zpsxwqluzhl.jpg

20160515_154621_zpsxgsgr9fk.jpg

20160518_134239_zpstucg2qhi.jpg

ADIKT said:
No sunroof for me :( Mines a nz new 3.0r 5speed auto with leather - non mcintosh stereo

Mines a 2.5I - sohc unfortunately but it's decent!

Non-Mcintosh for me also, the previous owners (or wingers?) installed a parrot Bluetooth hands free though

JGM said:
Mines a 2.5I - sohc unfortunately but it's decent!

Non-Mcintosh for me also, the previous owners (or wingers?) installed a parrot Bluetooth hands free though

Yea I've got a parrot in mine also (never actually use it - only connnected my phone once)

20150729_225536_zpsycxxlffe.jpg

ADIKT said:
Yea I've got a parrot in mine also (never actually use it - only connnected my phone once)

20150729_225536_zpsycxxlffe.jpg

I think they're great! Not sure if yours does but mine allows ipod connectivity, line in and usb playback.

Great choice of radio station by the way :cool:

JGM said:
I think they're great! Not sure if yours does but mine allows ipod connectivity, line in and usb playback.

Great choice of radio station by the way :cool:

I wouldn't have a clue if it can or not - Might have to actually read the user manual haha

Just a ****ty small one which I found at work.

Also try use just your bare hands - this worked when I changed them after modifying them (I failed with the vice grips and in a final attempt used my hands)

ADIKT said:
I like your style :P No ****ing around haha

Bought the car in Hamilton, drove her back to Auckland and it handled like crap (in my opinion), I had to remedy that asap!

Have you had your D2s certified? If so, how simple was the process? Did they snag you on anything else? Wondering whether I should go down the adjustable route...

• Like 1