Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lowered outback thread

ADIKT

1 hour ago, JGM said:

@ADIKT Saw you driving down Kohi Road the other day! Was laughing my head of as we both saw each other last minute and snapped our heads side ways! :D ps. when are your new wheels going to make an appearance?

The wheels aren't far off. I got my guard roller yesterday - just waiting for the right time to sus everything :)

1 hour ago, sobanoodle said:

99% certain I saw you yesterday on Symonds Street, at around 5pm.

Make that 100% - saw you also! Just triggered my memory now.

Just now, ADIKT said:

The wheels aren't far off. I got my guard roller yesterday - just waiting for the right time to sus everything :)

Oooh excellent - let me know if you need a hand with it?! (that's just me trying to get in on the action)

1 hour ago, JGM said:

Make that 100% - saw you also! Just triggered my memory now.

Oooh excellent - let me know if you need a hand with it?! (that's just me trying to get in on the action)

The hardest part is going to be finding my nuts to cut my guards lol

27 minutes ago, JGM said:

What part of the guard do you plan to cut out? Behind the flare?

Most likely a bit of the metal guard behind the plastic (like the states guys do) 

Not sure how far I'll take it though 

1 hour ago, ADIKT said:

The hardest part is going to be finding my nuts to cut my guards lol

See if you can pick up a cheap guard from the wreckers to play with. I have done this with other things I have tried to modify and has come in handy as you get to practice without ruining your car. I found out that I didn't have the skills I though I did when trying some panel work so was a good thing I spent a little bit of money to practice rather than forking out heaps to repair my s***ty job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpeedySub said:

See if you can pick up a cheap guard from the wreckers to play with. I have done this with other things I have tried to modify and has come in handy as you get to practice without ruining your car. I found out that I didn't have the skills I though I did when trying some panel work so was a good thing I spent a little bit of money to practice rather than forking out heaps to repair my s***ty job.

Fortunately it will all be hidden from the outside - it's more the concept of chopping up the car in general

I have done enough chopping on the racecar lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JGM said:

@delta Apologies for the lack of replies - have you ended up getting any answers/insight?

Thanks for asking, I mainly discussed this with a friend who installed Bilsteins on his outback.

I'm thinking of getting a set of KYB Excel-G for legacy and legacy springs. And since this topic is back to life, I'll try another question :)

Is a cert or anything needed if I install legacy suspensions on my outback ?

Nice pictures by the way @JGM, just a little too low to my taste but that's just me ;)

@delta The short answer is no, so long as none of those components are adjustable.

However, the lower you go, the more increase in negative camber (as the rear upper control arms aren't adjustable). If you aren't looking to go too low then you may avoid this issue.  

Keep in mind that the Legacy strut length is approx. 40mm shorter than that of the OB if I remember correctly.

Great !

My tyres are eaten on the outside and are praying to get more camber :P

What's the maximum allowed with the factory specs ?

I'm not planning to go very low as I take gravel roads from time to time and want to keep the car convenient/comfortable. Legacy height should be good for me.

Edited by delta

16 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

You are a lowered legacy height :P

Shudduppppp - I've got something planned which could get me on your current level (however I don't know if I want to be!)

1 hour ago, delta said:

@ADIKT Is your current level lower than the picture in your signature ?

It was lowered about another 10mm since that pic

2 hours ago, JGM said:

Shudduppppp - I've got something planned which could get me on your current level (however I don't know if I want to be!)

Do it :D

• 2 weeks later...