Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lowered outback thread

ADIKT

51 minutes ago, delta said:

Yep, posted an update in my Garage Thread if you're interested about the details of my plan

Didn't really look into that yet. Was thinking about buying used legacy springs, would it be really bad ?

Or just enough to get some great downforce thanks to the front of the car being lower ? xD

Just make sure they are wagon springs rather than sedans or you may end up with a saggy butt

• Like 1

Just now, JGM said:

@A_J_T you going to start posting in here now? Btw if you didn't catch what I said - both your tail lights are out...

Yea I got it haha, funny how I checked everything on the car before purchase but not the lights ¬¬. Also I guess Ajay was on it re the taillights triggering the traction control dash light. which only happened when i flicked the lights on now I think about it... Will have a look tomorrow when its no so cold out 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JGM said:

@A_J_T you going to start posting in here now? Btw if you didn't catch what I said - both your tail lights are out...

6 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

Yea I got it haha, funny how I checked everything on the car before purchase but not the lights ¬¬. Also I guess Ajay was on it re the taillights triggering the traction control dash light. which only happened when i flicked the lights on now I think about it... Will have a look tomorrow when its no so cold out 

@1randomkiwi @Subirex Automotive 😂

@A_J_T looks like fun bouncing along the road, reminds me of when I got mine - never the less the car looks awesome!

• Like 2

I think I might start a build thread and keep this for the pretty pics etc. but here is some content for y'all in the meantime.

Picked the car up at 3pm today

4:30pm 

35486704660_7e3713561d_k.jpg

Moments later

35065085293_3d4e6b3d2f_k.jpg

And made it

35833866946_7c9672e5b8_k.jpg

22 minutes ago, JGM said:

@A_J_T looks like fun bouncing along the road, reminds me of when I got mine - never the less the car looks awesome!

Cheers mate, desperately need to get legacy bump stops haha 

Edited by A_J_T
  • Like 6

Congrats for the purchase, looks like the exterior is in really good condition.

Mine has scratches, dents on the wheels (cos' drift on gravel roads :P) and loosing some clear coat on the roof. But, I didn't buy my Outback for the look anyway so I don't really care :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, A_J_T said:

I think I might start a build thread and keep this for the pretty pics etc. but here is some content for y'all in the meantime.

Picked the car up at 3pm today

4:30pm 

35486704660_7e3713561d_k.jpg

Moments later

35065085293_3d4e6b3d2f_k.jpg

And made it

35833866946_7c9672e5b8_k.jpg

Cheers mate, desperately need to get legacy bump stops haha 

You win. 

• Like 7

• Admin
2 hours ago, A_J_T said:

Haha classic! Car looks awesome. Welcome to the H6 family :D 

• Like 2

Managed to get out and about and see how it drives on the open road, so polite, so smooth. Stoked with how it handles now that its on coilovers, not shabby at all. 

35109593404_2343a1ea1e_b.jpg

Edited by A_J_T
  • Like 4

On 7/18/2017 at 4:01 PM, delta said:

Sweet, interested by your feedback once it's mounted as I'm looking at the same parts

Will let you know!

13 hours ago, A_J_T said:

That a weekend thing is it? Lmk if you need someone to come sit on a chair and watch. Your Wagon is going to be a weapon in the bends. 

That's the plan! Plenty of chairs mate, more than welcome!

12 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

CS BBQ? :P

I like the sound of this, could chuck a few bangers/burgers on - weather ain't look the best unfortunately...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

Keen. Could be an excuse to install my rear control arms and roll my guards.... 

Keen to see this, need to sort my guards out too. This could be a good information gathering day

1sriwk.jpg

Edited by A_J_T
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

theres a replacement reinforcing plate that locates the front control arm pins, replaced em on my grb but i know the legacy has the same setup. stops the rear mount flexing under load....

looks like this

692477a-plates.jpg

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/control-arm-braces/cus-692-477-a-cusco-front-lower-arm-bar-type-ii

Farkkkk, didn't anticipate requiring these... Need to have or nice to have?

Don't even know whether the front brace will fit given mine is 2.5N/A xD

21 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

Keen. Could be an excuse to install my rear control arms and roll my guards.... 

Long time coming bro!

1 hour ago, JGM said:

Farkkkk, didn't anticipate requiring these... Need to have or nice to have?

Don't even know whether the front brace will fit given mine is 2.5N/A xD

Long time coming bro!

If the brace doesn't fit we can always try it on mine :P 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

CS BBQ? :P

If there's a BBQ I'm in !

Actually even if there isn't, still interested by the idea of an information gathering day.

I read somewhere that the rear lower brace can be annoying to install as you may have to support the diff. Keen to see how easy or difficult it is to DIY.

• Like 2

Installed the rear components over the weekend, lying in a puddle on the driveway - fun times.

Ran into a few issues and had a few struggles with alignment of bolt holes etc.  All in all, what should have been a relatively easy install took me significantly longer than it should have - all a learning experience! Hopefully I can help you guys avoid the same issues I had!

The removal of the existing RSB is very simple - just have to unbolt your axlebacks to remove it from the car.  From there it should be relatively easy, assuming that everything is done in reverse.

Installing the lower brace however was a little bit of a struggle as I found the bolt holes on the RSB bracket would not line up. I ended up drilling out the top mounting point of the brace which attaches to the subframe as it protrudes further than I believe it should...

I supported the rear diff with my jack & 100sq timber post while I was working with the subframe bolts out, although I'm not convinced the diff would drop anyway.

BE CAREFUL you do not strip the thread out of the RSB bracket, I had this happen as the holes were slightly out of alignment meaning the bolt cross threaded and pulled straight out... do not force the bolt in - lesson learnt.

See photos below;

35298877104_a2fe8b4c64_b.jpg36098900336_ae9e748a4a_b.jpg36098900536_a5c4756f00_b.jpg36139773485_ea4437f807_b.jpg35298877284_e88c14cc2c_b.jpg35298877264_87c955c890_b.jpg36139771905_7387fd749e_b.jpg

36098898326_902d6f13ae_b.jpg

36005546611_dfb3671b08_b.jpg

36098901366_e02b774f92_b.jpg

• Like 3