Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

wtf does anyone else work on there car like this?

Zach

[video=youtube_share;s43VJeLxv0k]

I laughed alot, He does a clutch job back yard as and make its sound and look easy, like 1 man gearbox installs and just wtf rusty ol nissan someone tell me that this is not normal backyard mechanics? This looks hard as hes gona talk people into pulling there cars apart then get stuck lol almost scares me with the easy in which he does that, pro

Edited by Joker

• Admin

It's amazing what you can do with an experienced mechanic and particularly with power tools.

As a backyard job.... yeah, nah.

That said we've done some pretty rapid stuff on Pickapart cars... pulled a BH Legacy motor in 45 minutes. But that's when you can be an animal and just cut all the hoses and wires.

I've replaced my clutch a few times on the race car, but that's using a prof shop setup, it's easy enough then, but at home with minimal tools wouldn't want to do that, be a headache that's for sure.

I've changed the engine in a Datsun 120Y in 45 minutes, 3 blokes who know what they're doing, no crane other than the 2 biggest blokes!

Activities like that could be why my back is now poked, but it was amusing at the time!:rolleyes:

No worse that a service park during a Rally. Except it should also be either a) raining, or b) freezing and windy.

Also add in a predetermined time limit and a grumpy driver who's busy watching the time penalties stack up :P

• Like 1

I think if you ave a trolley jack, axle stands and a set of tools then you probably have some mechanical skill. I find these quite useful for stuff I havent done, or if its a car I havent worked on before. Also I usually watch a couple of different vids to make sure they are both pretty similar ways of doing it.

SpeedySub said:
I think if you ave a trolley jack, axle stands and a set of tools then you probably have some mechanical skill. I find these quite useful for stuff I havent done, or if its a car I havent worked on before. Also I usually watch a couple of different vids to make sure they are both pretty similar ways of doing it.

I have all that and the lowest level of mechanical ability :)

Thats exactly how I fix everything . Few points tho

Gloves are for fggts

Drip trays are for fggts

Clutch alignment tools are for fggts .

First clutch I ever did was a 300zx . After that everthing was simple.

S15 is a royal shunt . Because of the dual mass setup the fattest part of the bell housing is about 100mm long .

i do the rallycar gearbox wayyyy more than i like to admit, all but once was at home, the other was on a hoist and it was amazing.

pretty much a 1 man deal apart from lifting the actual box into place which needs a jack, another guy to guide and alot of swearing

lachlan said:
Thats exactly how I fix everything . Few points tho

Gloves are for fggts

Drip trays are for fggts

Clutch alignment tools are for fggts .

Why do fggts need gloves, drip trays and clutch alignment tools?

slystiguy said:
haha I love my rubber gloves... They stop you getting cut and oil in said cuts when you bump your hand it just hurts instead of grazing and bleeding

This should be in the "quote" of the year section..

Johnnynz said:
Did my first clutch in the backyard with a bottle jack and whatever tools I found in the shed without Youtube let alone any mechanical aptitude. Fair to say it took a while :/

for a second there i thought you said you did it with a bottle of jack