Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Flat foot shift tune

wldbaro

Hey guys I am getting my car tuned in a few weeks and will be getting launch control and anti lag set. I am so looking at getting flat foot shifting setup. What are the benefits of getting this setup instead of not having it setup and flat foot shifting anyway. Cheers

• Admin
 wldbaro said:
Hey guys I am getting my car tuned in a few weeks and will be getting launch control and anti lag set. I am so looking at getting flat foot shifting setup. What are the benefits of getting this setup instead of not having it setup and flat foot shifting anyway. Cheers

Just a quick question for you first.

Firstly are you doing motorsport? If not, why do you want Anti-lag?

Anti-lag will kill your turbo rather fast if its a standard VF series unit.

Launch control and FFS are otherwise awesome. Launch control is great for building boost and obviously launching off the line and FFS is equally as helpful when you're powering up a straight and don't want to lift to change gears :)

Dairusire said:
Just a quick question for you first.

Firstly are you doing motorsport? If not, why do you want Anti-lag?

Anti-lag will kill your turbo rather fast if its a standard VF series unit.

Launch control and FFS are otherwise awesome. Launch control is great for building boost and obviously launching off the line and FFS is equally as helpful when you're powering up a straight and don't want to lift to change gears :)

We'll the car is a weekend/track car running a aftermarket turbo and the anti lag will be wired to a switch so it's not on all the time.

My question is what's the difference between getting ffs setup and ffs without it setup, because it runs fine everytime I've done it without the tune. Just wanting to know because I've been quoted 5-700 to set up switches and wiring to ecu and I don't see the point if it isn't going to be much different than ffs without the setup

Sounds expensive. I set up launch and flat shift with link. Pretty simple then just get someone with nouse to tweak it. Its a fine line with launch control to bogging or peeling out. When its perfect you literally pop off the line and it hooks up perfectly.

With flat shift set up the way i had it it holds boost between gear changes so effectively reduces transient response. Free revving an engine at idle or between gears does not create boost its just rough on driveline between gear changes.

evowrx said:
Wouldnt set up anti lag unless you gravel even then not sure anybody not competing at a national level can justify it.

The lower the level of Rallying, the louder the anti-lag must be set up! Its a rule haha.

A proper antilag setup these days involves fresh air recirculation and a lot less popping and banging than what used to happen in the Possumlink/Link G3 days but I still wouldn't go anywhere near it unless you really, really need it. Cause it's otherwise a massive pain in the a**.

• Admin
 wldbaro said:
We'll the car is a weekend/track car running a aftermarket turbo and the anti lag will be wired to a switch so it's not on all the time.

My question is what's the difference between getting ffs setup and ffs without it setup, because it runs fine everytime I've done it without the tune. Just wanting to know because I've been quoted 5-700 to set up switches and wiring to ecu and I don't see the point if it isn't going to be much different than ffs without the setup

I'm not being a douche, but do you know what FFS and Anti-lag is for?

They're at the opposite ends of operation.

Anti-Lag is only activated when your foot is 'off' (within reason) the gas and decelerating keeping the turbo 'spooled'.

Where-as Flat Foot Shifting is when you're rowing gears down the straight and not lifting off the boost pedal between gears to shift, this is in order to keep your boost pressure up between gears.

Personally, and I'm reading this through my interpretation of what you've written.

Don't bother with Anti-Lag. It's a track car and you should be in your peak power range anyway, it's really useful for rallying where you might get bogged down etc, but less so on track.

FFS, yeah worth it. Just be warned it can be a little more... Rough on your transmission.

I know what you guys are telling me about the anti lag it's not really a necessity thats why I was thinking about having a switch for it so it's not on all the time, but if it is to much of a hassle then I guess I could always leave it out. For the FFS I was given two different ways to have it setup- ''If you wanted to run flat shifting every time you use launch control you wouldn’t need a speed sensor. To fit a clutch switch, wire in and set up, as well as fit a toggle switch to allow you to turn launch control on and off'' and ''If you wanted to run launch control with no flat shift function it is best to run a speed sensor so the link can de-activate the clutch switch once you start moving''. I won't be using FFS every time I drive the car so would you guys agree having it set up with the second option would be the way to go?

I had launch set up with criteria so you had to be 100% throttle position, -20km/h and something else. Pretty much had to drop the clutch at full throttle to enable launch control which saved having a switch.

For flat shift criteria was above 5.5k, full throttle and clutch switch. Again no on/off switch.

What ecu are you running?

evowrx said:
I had launch set up with criteria so you had to be 100% throttle position, -20km/h and something else. Pretty much had to drop the clutch at full throttle to enable launch control which saved having a switch.

For flat shift criteria was above 5.5k, full throttle and clutch switch. Again no on/off switch.

What ecu are you running?

Oh right I kinda get how it can be set up now

Going to be running a Link G4