Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Stolen : V2 STI with video :/ Reg CQE437 Chch

Joker

• General Member

seen via the DOBC FB Group thought I'd share here, pretty sad reading / viewing if you ask me :/ - Joker

Hey, I know it's not a BC, but it was what I have spent the last 6 months restoring and would appreciate you guys keeping an eye out for any of the original bits from a WRX Ver 2 STI RA being flogged on any local site, facebook page or word of mouth...it had a brand new set of KYB struts, fresh brake's, Disc's, Calipers, DCCD gearbox, freshly rebuilt closed deck EJ20 engine (only 1000k's on it)...absolutely std original condition, full tank of gas, almost new set of 205/50/16 tyres on gold 5 spoke original rims...I know I will never see it again and I'm gutted that I have poured 6 solid months of blood, sweat & tears into it, only to have it taken away by some body who thinks they don't have to work for anything, just takes what they want..scum.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqIK7HLUpg

[video=youtube_share;sYqIK7HLUpg]

strange I cannot seem to embed video in this section :/

Bruce McArthur Has a distinctive WAKOS sticker on the drivers door at the bottom...

13669840_10208076724329519_1745338645363695901_n.jpg?oh=a45112e49a6291308dda7dba72b177bb&oe=58248875&__gda__=1477922444_22407c3306e46dcbf699995fa0f54de4

source : https://www.facebook.com/groups/200340879977390/permalink/1310919925586141/?comment_id=1311724892172311&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply&notif_id=1469947967864676

Edited by Joker

So sad :(

How ever... Guy has no alarm,kill switch or gps... I mean cmon! Hoping he has insurance for his own sake. Almost a bit sus having spent all that $$ an yet they steal it in a matter of seconds with what appears to be a key? Possibly inside job from someone who has worked on it in the past or insurance fraud?

Spends thousands on expensive rare car and doesn't even put in a basic security measure...

I offered to share it on all the local car facebook pages but he never got back to me eh...

• General Member

I don't disagree but yea sad situation all around even my GF said the same thing "what no alarm?" sitting beside me when I watched the vid for the first time

the door-locks are not exactly 'secure' you can just over power them with a flat blade & that unlocks most Subaru (not a new fact or unknown to thieves)

chuck a dent puller on the ign & they use your master key (flatblade) to start it = free car

no alarm is a biggie here

I'm not blaming him.. never said that and it's not his fault cnuts steal lol. I just think it's madness to not protect your investment, especially when it's known how easy these cars are to steal. Also there seems to be a run of subarus going missing in CHCH of late, I can think or 3-4 cars off top of my head in last 2 months all rare and sought after types too, not ****box wrx's. People shouldn't be scum and steal that is my view... But to not protect your high risk investment with a basic kill switch which takes all of what 1hr to install. Simply put it's a bit dumb.

IMO -> people who steal and get caught should have to payback all victims with an interest rate of 12% which is automatically taken out of their earnings via a tax code once they earn XXX amount in a week. e.g say you earn $600 a week they tax you an additional 50% once over a fair and livable allowance e.g anything over $500 and it should go directly to the victims of the crime, but hey that's not going to happen. Be lucky if you even get the full amount with our **** system.

Certainly not even remotely the same as blaming a rape victim don't be a tard, the 2 are not comparable in the slightest.

Edited by slystiguy

Any subaru key or nissan key works in any subaru of that vintage with about 3 seconds of wiggling . When I was moving house I ended up with no keys at wrong house and needing to drive the wrx . Brothers van key opened wrx started it . And I got the key out with it running so he could dtive the van . Car only had 90km on it so its not like it was completely flogged out .

When I was selling the wrx a potential buyer came to visit in a nice version 5 . As a demo I tried my luck on their car with the 3 subaru keys I carry . Within about 15 seconds I had it unlocked and started .

At the very least unplug a bunch of **** in the engine bay . But leave it on the plug so its not noticeable . Failing that put a chain through a wheel . It annoys me less than an alarm .

• 4 weeks later...

OK - nearly a month since it was stolen, police have given up, finger prints lifted from my other Impreza they let themselves into but couldn't take (no motor) turned out to be mine. However, the distinctive parts of this completely factory spec car are the brand new (under 1000km's) closed deck block engine rebuild (Wisco pistions, Eagle rods), DCCD gearbox, 3.9:1 diff ratio's with rear being a mechanical LSD. New parts recently fitted, fresh set of 205/50/16's on correct gold mags as pictured, inner front guard liners, KYB shocks on all corners (including new genuine bump stops and plastic strut protectors), chrome top wheel nut set, fresh brake disc's, pads and calipers. the nardi 3 spoke wheel also had an STi horn center rather than the more common nardi center. The car was also factory optioned with power windows & air-con...also originally fog lights but I removed them in favor of the STi covers. Door panels had wind up window holes factory covered over with black circular sticker.

Chassis # GC8-036228, 220,000km's on odometer.

If anyone see's any parts showing up I would appreciate being messaged

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Police said they gave up after a month? Pretty much guarantee they gave up after the first day lol

Anyone theif that noticed this guy get in and start his car would have heard it had no alarm, write down your number plate, $9 to get your address, then just rocked up i mean c'mon mate even I disable my old banga in multiple places even with an alarm, pretty sure all of my windows have been forced / so worn out they all rattle when the windows are down

• General Member

just a shitty situation all round, I often think I'd hear my car start up too but this isnt the case, have had Sc00byd00 stay before at my place & leave in a not_quiet GTB, & he managed to leave early for 4&R's once without waking me

hind-sight 20/20