Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Thoughts on this

jsan083

A_J_T said:
Hell, If all is good and the thing has any integrity, it is an awesome car. But... Weekend worrier or daily? wheels arnt even that bad, they are not chrome.... TM auction is down so cant look at pics again but looked like Rotiform NUE's, would look sick if the photos were taken on something better than a potato in some decent light.

Edit, quick Internet troll and yip

Rotiforms, not my personal favorite but still not bad wheels.

If you rely on it and cant fix it though screw dailying it.

13643079_1810843362481513_276062186_n.jp

It will be a weekend car, the wheels are rotiform nues. The wheels are ok, id rather have some other wheels on it though.

• Admin

If he comes up to Rotorua, plan with D-Tech ahead of time and have them put it on their Dyno. and have them check it out. You're in Rotorua and he's selling the car, he can come with while it's being done, DON'T hand over ANY cash until it's done. That 150-200 (I'm high balling) is worth it. If D Tech say it's happy at the claimed 300kw and the box does blow the hell up when put up there, you've probably got a solid one.

• Admin

If it's a proper Dynapac 300wkw I'm a roast potato, by the way.

The retune thing puts the ****s up me completely, mine was tuned a little over 2 years ago and hasn't needed touching.

"Retune for the buyer's peace of mind" = "the cuzzy road tuned it with an uncalibrated AFR and the stock knock sensor"

jsan083 said:
Have decided not to go ahead with purchase as no receipts or dyno papers have been found. And also had some feedback about engine builder as well.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Hard decision to make as it all looks good, but better to be safe than sorry. Especially with no proof of work done. find something that you are happy with and then mod yourself, at least that way you know whats been done.

SpeedySub said:
Hard decision to make as it all looks good, but better to be safe than sorry. Especially with no proof of work done. find something that you are happy with and then mod yourself, at least that way you know whats been done.

Yeah I still have my v2 sti. All factory, just wanted the easy way to get something fast lol

• Admin
 loner said:
A 300kw subby has never been easy.

Definitely not easy, yeah.

It's much much easier than it used to be though. I remember as a kid growing up and hearing about these magical 250kw subarus and that was the nice stuff.

Now it seems the bench mark is 300kw and that's very attainable with the new technologies available which is absolutely awesome.

The new FA series motors are looking extremely promising with developing lots of power reliably without much modification at all.

250wkw is still the easy number. Once you want to push into 250-300wkw bracket its work and expense or fairy dynos. You really need to spend some time on the cam timing/heads at that level and you may as well push for 350wkw. Theres no real decent easy fit turbo between 20g size and GT3071. Well other than the HRC35/2 but thats a considerable expense to fit one in your engine bay.