• Announcements

• RAYDEO

ClubSUB 2018 Calendar is now avilable!   24/09/17

Click here for more info!

The 2018 ClubSUB Calendar, Powered by Possum Borne Motorsport is now available.

12 Hand picked full colour photos, taken by menbers, submitted by members and chosen by members.
      All vehicles in the calendar are owned by members of the NZ Subaru Enthusiasts community.

A massive thanks to the team at PBMS for coming on board for another year!

This is a very sought after calendar and only available for a limited time.
      Also, if you are a subscribed member of ClubSUB, you will be in for a descent discount, so make sure you're logged in.

Please note, as these are printed to order, shipping will be delayed. we will make 3 orders, October 30th, November 27th, and December 11th. If you dont order intime to make one of these shipping dates, we will get it out to you in the new year.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joker

I wish the forum had......

92 posts in this topic

.....and go

or start your own thread to keep things tidy

whatever floats your boat if you dont ask you dont get!

Tapatalk! not that it's a big deal, and probably not many people want it, but it's one of the only features I wish for :)
Everything else is pretty great so far IMO.

1 person likes this

what does tapatalk that the new mobile view doesn't?

actually curious as I've only ever used it once

could you explain a bit more to someone who's never used it for example?

26 minutes ago, Joker said:

what does tapatalk that the new mobile view doesn't?

actually curious as I've only ever used it once

could you explain a bit more to someone who's never used it for example?

The main thing for me is push notifications, and having all my forums located in one place on my mobile, hence the 'not a big deal', as I still check it on my phone, just means I have to open the browser and enter the address, aka me being lazy :)

1 person likes this

ahhhh yea I find the same thing, usually just go via the link in the instagram bio these days for quicker access

not sure about the notifications thing but there might be a fix for that (to cell or even FB if we dream big)

admin@clubsub.org

Where the old forum sent notifications from:

clubsuborgnz@gmail.com

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

F*** it. Just worked it out. They're all sitting there in junk emails for some reason. Problemo solved

Yep, had the same happen to me :/

Host uploaded image files to attach to posts. Limit size to 100kb if you want to skimp on storage. Dooo it :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, sultan said:

Host uploaded image files to attach to posts. Limit size to 100kb if you want to skimp on storage. Dooo it :rolleyes:

I've just used imgur and iForce for image hosting.

its a struggle to get even Avatars to under 100kb

help sign up forum sponsors for regular income to cover it & maybe? always room for improvement & i believe the admin team are more concerned about abuse of image uploads & potential liabilities for images, even if the system were set to 'moderated' where every image would need to be 'ok'd etc

2 minutes ago, Joker said:

its a struggle to get even Avatars to under 100kb

help sign up forum sponsors for regular income to cover it & maybe? always room for improvement & i believe the admin team are more concerned about abuse of image uploads & potential liabilities for images, even if the system were set to 'moderated' where every image would need to be 'ok'd etc

I can understand that, as hosting an image is very different to just embedding one.

At the end of the day, responsibility is on the user to keep all posts/uploads legal and unoffensive.

1 person likes this

Its all about cost of hosting. The issue is its a f around using a host like photobucket I understand that but its also a f around to resize images. Rather than compromise it would be best to host on the forum which is possible just not viable at this stage.

TLDR: Yes we would love too but not at this time. 

1 person likes this

photobucket turned to crap with bloated ad's & popups & is almost unusable to me now & works the worst out of all the img hosting option here on the new forums software

imgur or imageshack even you facebook and IG accounts work here fine if you paste links

14 minutes ago, Joker said:

photobucket turned to crap with bloated ad's & popups & is almost unusable to me now & works the worst out of all the img hosting option here on the new forums software

imgur or imageshack even you facebook and IG accounts work here fine if you paste links

I use it but adverts are a pita along wiyh it freezing and crashing etc. Works ok tho when it works...

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Joker said:

Facebook and IG depend on your privacy settings though.
I'm going to start using imgur more since photobucket is so spammy now.

1 person likes this

i use imgur, it couldn't get easier. just drag and drop. also on android device you can download a free app 'imgur android' that helps you upload and gives you urls for everything you uploaded. you just paste the url to the forum and your image is embedded. not sure the cost to benefit ratio would be favorable for trying to host images. these days we want high res stuff, limiting 100kb or whatever as suggested isn't really going to cut it.

1 person likes this

Just as easy with the photbucket app. Only annoying thing i've found is the forum doesn't like embedding img links on the mobile site for certain devices. Need to use the direct link which os the opposite to other forums

2 people like this

I use flickr and have no complaints at all. Does not ruin the quality of photos as imgur does (I find this particularly important). 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

I use flickr and have no complaints at all. Does not ruin the quality of photos as imgur does (I find this particularly important). 

Yes but you're hardly the average user :P

Flickr is much better for DSLR level photography.

suggestions box is still here whisper is people dont like the new forums but wont tell us why

forgot we were mind readers lol

51 minutes ago, Joker said:

suggestions box is still here whisper is people dont like the new forums but wont tell us why

forgot we were mind readers lol

new forums great on computers but mobile app would be awesome, also photo uploading be great to have space if your a paid member to just direct upload to site?

new forum is supposed to be mobile friendly is it not? & yea space would be great, be neat to russle up a few propper paying sponsors to take care of that

Ive had the mobile friendly forum on my phone before, I just chose to use the desktop version as I like it better (more used to it) same as with Trademe

13 minutes ago, Joker said:

new forum is supposed to be mobile friendly is it not? & yea space would be great, be neat to russle up a few propper paying sponsors to take care of that

it is mobile friendly just used to love being able to use Tapatalk app