Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SiDrive 5EAT Relearn Procedure

nickmcgill

Hi Team,

I've come hoping that some people might have some experience or be able to shed an issue on a problem I've been having for months. 

Back in December I picked up a 2007 Legacy which has been tuned by STi

It's a amazing car and I love it to bits but the transmission is driving me up the wall. 

A few months back we did a transmission flush and had to remove the battery to get to the trans filter. 

Unbeknown to us this caused the transmission to loose its learned parameters, making it drive like a dog. 

I've been into Armstrong's twice and they've done two "relearn" procedures which apparently trains the trans for torque converter lockup, AWD clutch loading, shift points etc. 

They attempted to do a PAK file upgrade both times but the TMU failed to accept it. 

The first time they did this it improved slightly but not enough to make a big difference.

The car has since been tuned by Throttle Happy in Australia who a few of you will likely know of, since then the car has been better but not right still. 

The main issue I'm having is the torque converter unlocking constantly at about 30% throttle making drivability unpleasant at best. 

Prior to the battery getting pulled I could get around 80% throttle down without it unlocking, so I know it is possible I'm just not sure how.

I've spent hours trying to do some research on the re-learn process which I have found some documents on but they are apparently for the pre-facelift non SiDrive models. 

If anyone has any information on this i'd love to hear it!

Cheers