Sign in to follow this  
saffaclint79

Siphon petrol from BE5 Legacy?

Curious to know if it's possible to siphon petrol from my tank? I haven't tried and really don't want to be outside in the dark working it out on my own, lol. 

Cheers 

Just undo hose clamp at fuel filter and turn key to ig but dont start a few times. Should get 200ml or so every time. Or jump the fuel pump.

I did this on my old bh5 by disconnecting the return fuel line at the firewall and diverting it into a jerry can. Just let the car idle and you will get a constant flow of petrol from the return line. Took me about 10 minutes to drain 40 odd litres

2 hours ago, alfie said:

I did this on my old bh5 by disconnecting the return fuel line at the firewall and diverting it into a jerry can. Just let the car idle and you will get a constant flow of petrol from the return line. Took me about 10 minutes to drain 40 odd litres

Thats a smarter way to do it as at idle a lot of fuel will return. Good thinking dude.

Disconnect the bottom of the fuel filler pipe at the fuel tank... it will come out very fast though.

Why do you need to do this?