• Announcements

    • 1randomkiwi

      ClubSub Forum Updates   13/03/19

      Important forum upgrades are coming up which may mean the www.ClubSUB.org.nz forums will be temporarily unavailable.   Check out our Official Facebook Page for more updates.   www.facebook.com/ClubSubNZ
  • Current Donation Goals

Sam M

Exhaust for BL5 legacy 2.0R non-turbo

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm sick of how insanely quite my legacy is with the full factory exhaust.

Any ideas where I can buy a full cat-back system for the dual exhaust 2.0R legacy (sedan - bl5) or who would custom fabricate one (without it costing an arm and a leg). 

Also, does anyone have any experience with a cat delete in the 03 legacy?? Engine error codes likely to be a problem? 

 

Preferably within dunedin, or maybe chch (if its prefabricated).

Cheers in advance

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mufflers alone will give you the volume increase at a fraction of the cost, and keeping the rest stock should prevent it sounding raspy like alot of them do when doing the full exhaust.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find some genome sti mufflers for a bl5 sedan. The wagon muflers are longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unbolt the rear muffler flange, space the flange faces apart about 10mm (m10 bolt works mint) then tighten the flange bolts back up.

its called the "hogzhaust mod", its hori as f**k, but it takes like 10 minutes and its free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kwi_fozze said:

unbolt the rear muffler flange, space the flange faces apart about 10mm (m10 bolt works mint) then tighten the flange bolts back up.

its called the "hogzhaust mod", its hori as f**k, but it takes like 10 minutes and its free

 

Please don't do this, have some respect for your car and avoid damaging the flanges.
Any aftermarket muffler will make a significant difference.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

 

Please don't do this, have some respect for your car and avoid damaging the flanges.
Any aftermarket muffler will make a significant difference.

or unbolt the muffler and weld some pipe on to another flange (buy one or cut one off somewhere) and then bolt that where the muffler used to be. You could get some mechanic to do this fairly cheap and it sounds okay. Or if the budget allows, just get an aftermarket onexD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't adikt get a straight pipe made up using the stock tips for a low key look. Could do somehing like that. Can't actually remember seeing any pics/videos of it though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ADIKT said:

Find some genome sti mufflers for a bl5 sedan. The wagon muflers are longer.

 

Good luck finding Genomes ;)

 

There was a wagon set on trade me a month or so ago asking $650. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JGM said:

 

Good luck finding Genomes ;)

 

There was a wagon set on trade me a month or so ago asking $650. 

 

Yep, sold swiftly 😁

 

I have a few sets of sedan (and wagon) mufflers - PM me if interested. Can also get my hands on a set of sedan Genomes.

 

Personally, wouldn't touch factory cats or resonators on an NA Legacy. Been there done that and it sound horrendously raspy and loud (some like it that way though...)

 

On a side note, anyone interested in 3.0 K2Gear dual mid section? 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't need info. Just buy it already. 

Would have bought it myself by now if my Invidia system didn't have odd flange locations making it impossible to use with any other brands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

On a side note, anyone interested in 3.0 K2Gear dual mid section? 😏

Would this fit a 2.5N/A? if so what sort of price are you looking at for it. Also what mufflers do you have for a BP wagon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Would this fit a 2.5N/A? if so what sort of price are you looking at for it. Also what mufflers do you have for a BP wagon?

 

Copied from link above... ¬¬

 

Center pipe / Spec-Neo Dual vehicle adaptation 
BP · BL / BLE · BPE / ( except 2.0I)

● center pipe is, 2.0i and Outback 2.5 is not adapted 
● 3,0R, the specially designed center pipe it has become. 
● 2.5XT the center pipe alone or, mounting Allowed in SystemKit 
does not correspond to the mounting of the rear piece only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JGM said:

 

Copied from link above... ¬¬

 

Center pipe / Spec-Neo Dual vehicle adaptation 
BP · BL / BLE · BPE / ( except 2.0I)

● center pipe is, 2.0i and Outback 2.5 is not adapted 
● 3,0R, the specially designed center pipe it has become. 
● 2.5XT the center pipe alone or, mounting Allowed in SystemKit 
does not correspond to the mounting of the rear piece only.

For some reason the page I went to was all in Japanese and couldn't translate it.

Still confused form your post if it will fit.Assuming it will not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google translate on chrome bro!

 

I would hazard a guess and say the poorly translated English, 'is not adapted' means not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ADIKT said:

What does this sound like compared to stock? And how much you want for it? 

 

It's not crazily loud or anything. Well balanced deep tone. Really depends on what you have past the mid section though: was notably loud with HKS mufflers that big oval shaped Wangans. $600.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Would this fit a 2.5N/A? if so what sort of price are you looking at for it. Also what mufflers do you have for a BP wagon?

Not that familiar with 2.5 mid sections but afaik it's a bit shorter than 3.0 or GT at engine end, Y end is the same. 

I have HKS ES Premium and Prova by FGK (completely blacked out) mufflers, $600 and $650 respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

 

It's not crazily loud or anything. Well balanced deep tone. Really depends on what you have past the mid section though: was notably loud with HKS mufflers that big oval shaped Wangans. $600.

I'll have a think about it and get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

 

Please don't do this, have some respect for your car and avoid damaging the flanges.
Any aftermarket muffler will make a significant difference.

haha, yeah, ive seen the hogzaust thing.. not even remotely interested. 

 

12 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

 

I have a few sets of sedan (and wagon) mufflers - PM me if interested. Can also get my hands on a set of sedan Genomes.

 

how much would you be looking for for the genomes.? Good condition etc..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sam M said:

haha, yeah, ive seen the hogzaust thing.. not even remotely interested. 

 

how much would you be looking for for the genomes.? Good condition etc..?

 

Sent you a PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Not that familiar with 2.5 mid sections but afaik it's a bit shorter than 3.0 or GT at engine end, Y end is the same. 

I have HKS ES Premium and Prova by FGK (completely blacked out) mufflers, $600 and $650 respectively.

Thanks, Will pass on them at this time, Still waiting to get the car and have just had something come up that might limit my spending money for a while. Hopefully someone will put them yto good use.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now