• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Leadfoot 2017 Subaru WRX 25th Year Celebration Voting

ginganinja

• General Member

copy pasta cos I cant edit peoples posts anymore

PROMOTIONS

25 Years of the WRX

We've found them! We asked and you came out in force to help us find the best 25 Subaru WRXs in New Zealand.

Of the 268 entries from all across the Country we are pleased to announce the top 25 – who have won the opportunity to showcase their vehicles at the 2017 Leadfoot Festival. The calibre of entries was high, with a great representation of models across the 25 years.

Top 25

The combined public and judges votes have been tallied and the following WRX’s make up the Top 25. You can check them out in the flesh at the 2017 Leadfoot Festival alongside the Subaru tent, held on the stunning Coromandel Peninsula at Rod Millen’s iconic Leadfoot Ranch over Waitangi weekend.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2016 at 7:22 PM, Username said:

I did not link it on here, and for my own reasons do not wish it to be linked with this forum. If you're  on your way to leadfoot it will stand out but at the end of the day it's just another Subaru. 

I find it quite rude that someone who does "not wish it to be linked with this forum" is on here several times a day!  😉

• Like 2

Just now, Fizzy Toucan said:

I find it quite rude that someone who does "not wish it to be linked with this forum" is on here several times a dayI  😉

Yep 7 posts in total, I must live on this forum.

I only came on to check I'm not missing info on the  Leadfoot  comp as it did make me check my junk mail and the email I received was there, so I owe a thanks for that, eitherwise I would have missed it. I did try to help a guy out who's going through cert process too, hence the huge post count. No worries though I wouldn't want to offend, and I only stated I don't want the car linked  here. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fizzy Toucan said:

I find it quite rude that someone who does "not wish it to be linked with this forum" is on here several times a day!  😉

He can and has given some constructive input to the club since joining. There are no laws which force him to share his car on here either, its entirely up to him.

• Like 1

Do the smiling winking emoji not indicate it's light hearted banter anymore? 😜 (This emoji means I'm having a joke with you) 

Didn't mean to upset people. 

🙃 (not sure what this one means exactly)

Edit: Also, I didn't read it properly; that you were referring to your car and not you yourself! 🤐

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Fizzy Toucan said:

Do the smiling winking emoji not indicate it's light hearted banter anymore? 😜 (This emoji means I'm having a joke with you) 

Didn't mean to upset people. 

🙃 (not sure what this one means exactly)

Edit: Also, I didn't read it properly; that you were referring to your car and not you yourself! 🤐

The joys of internet forums and trying to express things like sarcasm and light hearted banter can be hard to convey.

• Like 1

• General Member

back in my day we used to use "italic's" for junk like that 

or dont take things too seriously round here :P

gunna be a great event Who NEEDS a ClubSUB Windscreen Banner for their car or little stickers? PM @RAYDEO for a deal if you're going to be there and will display them on your Subaru!

• Like 4

• General Member

sooooo here's the email EVERYBODY got from Subaru NZ

NZ’s best 25 WRXs have been chosen

From Subaru of New ZealandAdd contact Date Thu 13:13

AND HERE'S ONE OF THEM.
A picture of one of the winner WRX's

Dear jared,

The hunt for the best 25 Subaru WRXs in New Zealand is over. The public and judges have had their say, and 25 WRXs are bound for the 2017 Leadfoot Festival.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter their pride and joy, and to those of you who voted. The interest in the competition has been overwhelming with over 12,000 votes and 268 entries. Turns out people love showing off their WRXs (and for good reason).

We’d also like to congratulate Nick Marston, who is the lucky winner of a Leadfoot pass for voting on his favourite entries.

Click below and check out the 25 winning WRXs, or better yet, see them in the flesh by securing tickets to the Leadfoot Festival here.

Click here to see the winners
This email was sent to [email protected]
Why did I get this?   Unsubscribe from this list   Update subscription preferences
Subaru of New Zealand · 46 Lady Ruby Drive · East Tamaki · Auckland, Auckland 2013 · New Zealand
open.php?u=9bf0618fbc15cea7d1d4950d2&id=0a929ad255&e=b0a1912fb0

• 1 month later...

Turns out my car got taken off the list without me knowing. Something to do with me not replying to emails even though i didnt recieve anything :( looks like im not going. Hope everyone has an awesome time though. So cool that heaps of members are going to have their cars on display

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boyracer693 said:

Turns out my car got taken off the list without me knowing. Something to do with me not replying to emails even though i didnt recieve anything :( looks like im not going. Hope everyone has an awesome time though. So cool that heaps of members are going to have their cars on display

wtf, are you serous? thats bs...

1 minute ago, Subru said:

wtf, are you serous? thats bs...

Yep im not happy at all. Wondered why it was weird that i didnt get anything. I emailed them earlier in the week and they apparently tried contacting me several times but only received the initial email stating that i was in the top 25. Oh well life goes on i spose

Just now, boyracer693 said:

Yep im not happy at all. Wondered why it was weird that i didnt get anything. I emailed them earlier in the week and they apparently tried contacting me several times but only received the initial email stating that i was in the top 25. Oh well life goes on i spose

Yea, sht happens... :o 

good job for getting top 25 tho! xD