Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Side exit exhuast?

dmacnz

Keen to see what people have done for side exit exhausts. My exhaust is in the way if my future plans. I am thinking of either attempting a side exit or even route it through the cabin behind the driver seat and out the rear door/window.
This is for a track only car, but being used and very noise restricted tracks.
Any ideas or photo of what anyone else has done would be a great help.

Thanks
Dan

Would through the cabin pass schedule A?... doesn't seem likely.

Google image search doesn't have any particularly nice options... I don't recall ever seeing a wrx with a side exit either.

You could have it coming out in front of one of the front wheels... as long as the turbo position suited that... again not sure

what schA says about that.

Edited by loner

Don't have any pics sorry (just took my car off stands tonight too!). But mine exits just in front of the LH rear wheel. Super easy to make, mines basically 3" straight, with an Adrenalin R centre muffler (best flowing and best muffling if you want to keep within noise restrictions), a 60 deg bend towards the side of the car, then just before the sill it splits to 2 x 2.5" pipes for the exit.

• Like 1

• General Member

one things was noise pollution (out-there thinking) in that some tracks predominantly go one way ie clockwise & you can effectively lower your output to suit your favorite track

you can fail scrutineering or get kicked out of a meet for too loud

similar vane of thought to 'dumpy's on a ro'tang pointing at the road

Thanks guys. Yeah the noise level is a real concern to me. 

I will need a muffler of some sort. That's why I kinda like the idea of a muffler in the cabin heading out the door or window! If it could get through scrutineering!

I have a similar set up to tony only i have a 3" all the way out the side and my bend is a 90˚, My cars not superlow and my sills are a little beat up above the side exit, also the trailer I have is pretty low so I don't need much clearance for that.

here's a pic from when i had a cheap hotdog muffler, sounded cool but it collapsed so now i have a Adrenalinr louvred resonator, 450mm from memory, its super quiet, I would say it would be quieter than most road legal exhausts, I wish I had bought a shorter one...

IMG_1415.jpg

• Like 2