Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubSUB's 20th Celebrations and Mega Meet 2017!!

RAYDEO

• Admin
1 hour ago, boyracer693 said:

Dude! Thats just what i needed to read!

Gonna be my first track day and im nervous im going to do something bad to my motor. 

Ive also heard not to go all out every single lap. eg doing 3 flying laps and then 2 cool down laps. sound right to you?

The way the track is laid out you leave Put lane and go around the entire track before crossing the start finish lane. From there you do 3 fast laps. Then once you cross the finish line the 3rd time you cruise around the track, cooling down until you reach out entry again and head into the pits.

So yes you're right. But there's not really any other way to do it.

All this will be explained on the morning at briefing. Don't fret. You won't be the only virgin there.

• Like 5

My first time too, ive raced alot of mx, but i imagin its nothing like car+track,

Im just hoping everything will go smoothly so I can drive it back home in one piece :B  - do i need to bring my back seats or are they sweet to take out ?

So far im bringing:

MX Helmet + Goggles

Drivers License

100% Cotton overalls

4L of oil

Spare coolant

Spare set of brake pads

Spare set of wheels / tyres

Spare fuel

Small tool kit

Munch + Water

• Like 4

im bringing

Myself & Mrs

Helmet

Gloves

Overalls

Coolant

Spare Vacuum Hose

Duct Tape

Spare Brakes

Oil

Gearbox Oil

Rags

Tyre Pressure Gauge

Insulation Tape

Socket Set

Water & Feed

Long Nose Pliers

Cable Ties

All i can think of right now haha but its a big list...Overkill maybe?

• Admin
9 hours ago, THUNDA said:

My first time too, ive raced alot of mx, but i imagin its nothing like car+track,

Im just hoping everything will go smoothly so I can drive it back home in one piece :B  - do i need to bring my back seats or are they sweet to take out ?

So far im bringing:

MX Helmet + Goggles

Drivers License

100% Cotton overalls

4L of oil

Spare coolant

Spare set of brake pads

Spare set of wheels / tyres

Spare fuel

Small tool kit

Munch + Water

Nah not much similar to a motox event.

Take the seats out if you like. But they don't weigh much so no real need.

8 hours ago, boyracer693 said:

im bringing

Myself & Mrs

Helmet

Gloves

Overalls

Coolant

Spare Vacuum Hose

Duct Tape

Spare Brakes

Oil

Gearbox Oil

Rags

Tyre Pressure Gauge

Insulation Tape

Socket Set

Water & Feed

Long Nose Pliers

Cable Ties

All i can think of right now haha but its a big list...Overkill maybe?

All good ideas. Also a Jack might be a good idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calebwrx said:

My motor has 200+km on it - you're not the only nervous one lol

My rs has 265+km(?) on the clock, the engine and gearbox code doesn't match the vin plate so who knows what the engines done hahaha

7 hours ago, pedro said:

Sustained high revs is the enemy of your engine..

Most of us have no power up top so imposing a lower rev limit will increase the chances of driving home afterwards..

Except for rotaries :D

A mate has a 200+km mx5 that he uses as a track car, always reving it to the max, and the car runs really strong. I think it's all about the maintenance and the way you take care of your car in general.

Among other things, never forget to warm up the engine before reving it, that's how a lot of people kill their engine. And it's not because the coolant is up to temperature that the oil is up to temperature, most of the time the oil is still around 60 or 70°C which is not enough.

2 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

Are those two comments related?
Is it a rotary swapped mx5? That'd be cool.

Nah unfortunately it's not related. The mx5 should have a rotary out of the factory though, would be so cool :)

Edited by delta

2 hours ago, delta said:

Among other things, never forget to warm up the engine before reving it, that's how a lot of people kill their engine. And it's not because the coolant is up to temperature that the oil is up to temperature, most of the time the oil is still around 60 or 70°C which is not enough.

It takes longer to get the engine oil up to temperature than you would think..

Quite a bit longer than water temp..

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pedro said:

It takes longer to get the engine oil up to temperature than you would think..

Quite a bit longer than water temp..

Yep, an oil temperature gauge or at least an OBD II to Bluetooth device is really useful if you track your car often 

Mine has just got to 350,000 and had the cam belt and other belts replaced, new rocker cover seals, water pump, plugs etc done at 345 so hope not to have any issues! Brakes were checked and fluid replaced and a through inspection done yesterday so she is ready as she ever will be. Will definitely ease me, and the car, into it on the day. Wanting to enjoy the day and have a bit of fun along the way too.

Edited by 95svx
  • Like 2

• Joker unpinned this topic