Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno leaderboard V4

@evowrx don't know, maybe e85 or that power is the street driven daily limit not short sprints and racing. Or they are full of S*** is always an option.

either way if the heads are off and you're doing cams and you can afford the $500 for basic tidy up why wouldn't you to make the most of the cams?

So lol car weight is about 1320kg for that hp and 1/4 mile. Coincidence?

578 hp for a few passes and a dyno run sure, but not a daily driver power figure.

3 runs in Texas then rebuilt again and that was at 600hp and 10.7 passes.

now it's not stock 1000hp and only a little faster, added weight of cage etc I guess. 

Edited by Gripless
Learning to use space bar

9 hours ago, Gripless said:

So lol car weight is about 1320kg for that hp and 1/4 mile. Coincidence?

578 hp for a few passes and a dyno run sure, but not a daily driver power figure.

3 runs in Texas then rebuilt again and that was at 600hp and 10.7 passes.

now it's not stock 1000hp and only a little faster, added weight of cage etc I guess. 

Point is stock heads worked just crank the boost to move the air.

Add all the power you want but running that sort of time you don't drop .5 second just because you have another 300hp. If the car setups not right or youre limited by h pattern etc etc time doesnt just fall away. Much the same as afp didn't run his car at full potential at wtac. Car had more in it but driver has to make peace with it to utilise it.

• Like 1

No the point is that 260wkw is where the heads become a reasonable restriction, it's not hard limit. (Like the police telling you over 100kph you will be punished and the further past the more you suffer.)

It is the point where head work has the highest increase in value for getting it done. Not that you wouldn't see gains even at stock power with increased head flow, maybe only 5-8 kW but it's there.

Unless you are trying to build the fastest stock block car then you'll get value from head work. He has traded reliability for the power, same way a street car would have gone forged before that power level. Drag racing is brutal, and near the top and rebuilds are frequent.

Same as ej20 heads on to the ej25 are done to get more flow.

Porting is worth it if you have the heads off. Even just a tidy up of the casting helps, as does port matching.

Like when you see two guys with similar builds and one makes more power, it's likely they spent a little more time and effort doing a lot of the little things like porting.

Gotasuby - 393.4wkw
Model: 2002 V7 STI GDB
Displacement: 2.35l
Mods: S300 Turbo, ID1700@50psi base. ported heads, cams, fmic, 3" exhaust, DW300 FP, G4+, Twin scroll legacy headers. 
Fuel: E85
Tuner: Me/SAS

Update to this car. We built a new engine for this year rally sprints. Wanted to max out turbo and header setup. Think the small legacy headers are at there limit. All at 25psi

98 tune shown as well

Upgrade to efr turbo and better headers should see 450wkw

XMcznmY.jpg
Did u make this power on 98 or e85?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i may as well add to this :)

Model: 2011 WRX STI Sedan

Displacement: 2500cc

Mods: Forged rebuild, Invidia TBE, DW65c, ID1000s, AEM CAI, AEM water/meth injection, Perrin FPR, Turbosmart IWG75 (17psi spring) and GFB Mach 2 

Turbo/Boost: Stock / 22psi

Fuel: Gull force 10

ECU: Stock

Tuner/dyno: Possum Bourne / rolling road

Power: 254kw and ~520nm 

Just need bigger turbo and front mount now.

MTiKZFO.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Niran said:

Thought i may as well add to this :)

Model: 2011 WRX STI Sedan

Displacement: 2500cc

Mods: Forged rebuild, Invidia TBE, DW65c, ID1000s, AEM CAI, AEM water/meth injection, Perrin FPR, Turbosmart IWG75 (17psi spring) and GFB Mach 2 

Turbo/Boost: Stock / 22psi

Fuel: Gull force 10

ECU: Stock

Tuner/dyno: Possum Bourne / rolling road

Power: 254kw and ~520nm 

Just need bigger turbo and front mount now.

MTiKZFO.jpg

Good gain from 1.2 psi..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Model: Subaru Legacy 2002 STI V7 engine

Displacement: 2L

Mods: VF34 Turbo, silicone intake, 3inch from turbo back, SSI headers, Process West TMIC, 3 port mac solenoid, kinugawa wastegate actuator, dw65c fuel pump

Fuel: 98 BP

Tuner/dyno: Chris - Prestige Tuning and Motorsport / Dynapack

30624679_2038443276184190_88384797780441

30623658_2038443279517523_19123278759434

• Like 4

• Admin
27 minutes ago, McMasterJamie said:

Model: Subaru Legacy 2002 STI V7 engine

Displacement: 2L

Mods: VF34 Turbo, silicone intake, 3inch from turbo back, SSI headers, Process West TMIC, 3 port mac solenoid, kinugawa wastegate actuator, dw65c fuel pump

Fuel: 98 BP

Tuner/dyno: Chris - Prestige Tuning and Motorsport / Dynapack

Nice! An extremely similar result to what I got... which is not surprising seeing as it's almost the exact same setup I had at the time :D

I remember this setup drove really nicely; the only trick with it is finding a way to stay OUT of boost because in top gear at 100kph the turbo is on the cusp of spooling.

EDIT: Just look at the curve, 2psi at 2000rpm, 7.5psi at 2750 :)

• Like 1

Damn how is that so spooly??? 

Im looking at my dyno chart with vf30 and I get 12psi at 3.5k rpm, 20psi at 4k rpm and 22.6psi at 4.6k rpm meanwhile you got full boost at 3750! Whats the difference between vf30 and vf34?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boon said:

Nice! An extremely similar result to what I got... which is not surprising seeing as it's almost the exact same setup I had at the time :D

I remember this setup drove really nicely; the only trick with it is finding a way to stay OUT of boost because in top gear at 100kph the turbo is on the cusp of spooling.

EDIT: Just look at the curve, 2psi at 2000rpm, 7.5psi at 2750 :)

Thanks, I am pretty happy! wish i got to 225 because thats 300whp and i like even numbers lol, yea very similar apart from the headers i think? do you have the dyno sheet any where to compare? Yup feels great, i haven't actually had a chance to put the foot down and rev to 7-7.5k yet but you dont really need to with this power. The main difference with you sti guys is my long ratio gears :( wish i could afford a 6 speed but i have a lower ratio front and rear diff to go in, should make a bit of difference

15 minutes ago, Subru said:

Im looking at my dyno chart with vf30 and I get 12psi at 3.5k rpm, 20psi at 4k rpm and 22.6psi at 4.6k rpm meanwhile you got full boost at 3750! Whats the difference between vf30 and vf34?

Is it? well a vf34 is a ball bearing version, i had a vf30 on briefly but didnt feel that much difference to be honest, i also have aftermarket headers which helped with response i reckon, i also port and polished them for shits and giggs, intercooler helped with response colder air coming in earlier and lastly silicone under manifold intake, they all help the engine and turbo breath

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Subru said:

Ballbearing core, probably good for maybe 500rpm of spool.

Also he has headers which probably help, and I suspect that big honking intercooler helps flow into the motor as well. Also a 3-port solenoid (if you don't have that already?) makes a huge difference, plus maybe some help from the aftermarket actuator stopping the flapper creeping open.

What he has is probably the fastest you can make a Subaru spool without using antilag or some stupidly small turbo.... or wizard turbos like the BorgWarner EFR6258.

38 minutes ago, boon said:

What he has is probably the fastest you can make a Subaru spool without using antilag or some stupidly small turbo.... or wizard turbos like the BorgWarner EFR6258.

Or ethanol! (gave me a couple of hundred rpms difference)

• Like 1

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Jono24 said:

Or ethanol! (gave me a couple of hundred rpms difference)

Corn juice makes everything better. Except your fuel economy.

Seriously mulling a flex fuel sensor for my next bit of fun.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boon said:

Corn juice makes everything better. Except your fuel economy.

Seriously mulling a flex fuel sensor for my next bit of fun.

Flex fuel was the best decision I made, hands down. Just buy the generic Continental sensor and wire it up.

If I wasn't so pig headed and knew what I knew now I would have flex fueled a vf37 and got similar power and torque to what I have with a Holset for $3k cheaper ( @gotasuby limited the tune due to my shortblock strength as I'm running factory head studs and rods, and I not saying that in a bad way).

1 hour ago, McMasterJamie said:

Thanks, I am pretty happy! wish i got to 225 because thats 300whp and i like even numbers lol, yea very similar apart from the headers i think? do you have the dyno sheet any where to compare? Yup feels great, i haven't actually had a chance to put the foot down and rev to 7-7.5k yet but you dont really need to with this power. The main difference with you sti guys is my long ratio gears :( wish i could afford a 6 speed but i have a lower ratio front and rear diff to go in, should make a bit of difference

Is it? well a vf34 is a ball bearing version, i had a vf30 on briefly but didnt feel that much difference to be honest, i also have aftermarket headers which helped with response i reckon, i also port and polished them for shits and giggs, intercooler helped with response colder air coming in earlier and lastly silicone under manifold intake, they all help the engine and turbo breath

What heads are you running? some avcs heads could be fun.

1 hour ago, Subru said:

your spool up is pretty good mate

im hoping my engine can fully spool my garret by 6000rpm LOL :P

will know in a few weeks ^_ ^

finally gave in and got some solid el headers, no more subie rumble for me :( but it will make up for it in the gains :P 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

your spool up is pretty good mate

im hoping my engine can fully spool my garret by 6000rpm LOL :P

will know in a few weeks ^_ ^

finally gave in and got some solid el headers, no more subie rumble for me :( but it will make up for it in the gains :P 

Your Garrett is pretty small in the grand scheme of things, I predict full boost in the 4's somewhere, if not earlier.

• Like 3