Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dyno leaderboard V4

21 minutes ago, Subru said:

15psi is pretty low for the VF30, Sti's take 18psi stock. I assume its a non sti right?

15psi at 4600 is pretty laggy. After the tune I get 15psi at 3700rpm and keeps going up slowly till 22.6psi.

pretty much (93 ra engine with 440cc injectors maxed out) but yes its very lazy atm, just saying that you're not the only one having spool issues on a vf30.....

Mine could also be due to the tuner having to do the top end from only ~4 power runs as the viscous centre started to disagree with his dyno (front/back axle speeds were all over the place). Credit to Keith Stewart though, car drives amazing and afr's are spot on even with sub-optimal tuning conditions.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2017 at 6:37 PM, Timmah said:

Model: 2002 Impreza WRX Wagon, GGA

Displacement: 2L

Mods: TD05 Turbo, Decatted factory downpipe, Silicone intake, Version 7 STi intercooler, Deatchwerkz DW200

Fuel: BP 98

Tuner/dyno: SAS

Model: 2002 Impreza WRX Wagon, GGA

Mods: VF30 Turbo, Decatted factory downpipe, Silicone intake, Version 7 STi intercooler, Deatchwerkz DW200, STi Manifold, STI Pink (565) Injectors, Genome Muffler

Tuner/dyno: SAS

196.47kw ATW.

8LXJaTJh.jpg

This thing sings now, oh boy! :D

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Username - 403.7wkw safe tune, could do more but turbo absolutely maxed. 

Model: 00 V6 STI (GC8) - 403.7KW 30 PSI, (350 kw is at 25  psi on pump gas 98).
Mods: GTX3071R twisted gen 1, Link G4+ wire in, black ops1400cc Injectors, 30 PSI, lots modified,  (1000HP capable block, Doweled, cdb, oil gallery mods, ARP headstud conversion). Fully built heads.  
Fuel: E75 ( read from dash EtOH sensor)
Tuner/Dyno: HiTech Motorsport. 

vvKSFmT.jpg

Edited by Username
  • Like 4

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Username said:

Username - 403.75wkw safe tune, could do more but turbo absolutely maxed. 

Model: 00 V6 STI (GC8) - 403.75KW 30 PSI, (350 kw is at 25  psi on pump gas 98).
Mods: GTX3071R twisted gen 1, Link G4+ wire in, black ops1400cc Injectors, 30 PSI, lots modified,  (1000HP capable block, Doweled, cdb, oil gallery mods, ARP headstud conversion). Fully built heads.  
Fuel: E75 ( read from dash EtOH sensor)
Tuner/Dyno: HiTech Motorsport. 

Geez that thing’s a weapon. You got a dyno plot for it? Also an engine bay pic would go along nicely too 😉

• Like 1

I've uploaded the dyno chart, only difference between this tune and old tune is head work and a better way of tuning the car for the flexi fuel setup I run. More porting done by Danspeed, to the extent the exhaust side chambers of the heads are like mirrors and that's no exaggeration. I changed cams to have less duration but 1mm more lift on exhaust and intake. Duration changed from 277 reground cams to 268 billet cams. Heads use  standard size ferrera iconel valves on exhaust and standard ferrera vales intake with their keepers (far bigger than stock), beehive valves, titanium retainers etc,  brass valve guides and shimless buckets. Marsh motorsport 5 angle grind on valve seats.

So if you want to know the difference heads make to an already powerful'ish car this shows it. Obviously my old heads had some work done to them and weren't stock but not to the extent these have been built now.  Biggest gains are in torque though, I would need to go bigger turbo if I want more hp but waiting on the g series garrett to come out at the size I want, but I will be reducing boost on that and not really going for more power, unless of course someone comes and beats this then maybe I will. ;) 

Edited by Username
  • Like 2

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Username said:

I've uploaded the dyno chart, only difference between this tune and old tune is head work and a better way of tuning the car for the flexi fuel setup I run. More porting done by Danspeed, to the extent the exhaust side chambers of the heads are like mirrors and that's no exaggeration. I changed cams to have less duration but 1mm more lift on exhaust and intake. Duration changed from 277 reground cams to 268 billet cams. Heads use  standard size ferrera iconel valves on exhaust and standard ferrera vales intake with their keepers (far bigger than stock), beehive valves, titanium retainers etc,  brass valve guides and shimless buckets. Marsh motorsport 5 angle grind on valve seats.

So if you want to know the difference heads make to an already powerful'ish car this shows it. Obviously my old heads had some work done to them and weren't stock but not to the extent these have been built now.  Biggest gains are in torque though, I would need to go bigger turbo if I want more hp but waiting on the g series garrett to come out at the size I want, but I will be reducing boost on that and not really going for more power, unless of course someone comes and beats this then maybe I will. ;) 

@gotasuby ahem. Shots fired I think :P 

He just took your top spot. Gonna take that or what

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

THUNDA: 270.7kW ATW @ 23PSI  - 431 NM Torque 

Model: 92 RS Legacy BC5

Displacement: 2.0l

Mods: Garret / 1200cc Side Feeds / EL Headers  / 3Inch Free Flowing butt-hole / FMIC / Link G4 

Tuner/dyno: David @ Tune Technic 

Wastegate Duty was maxed out + The 5 Speed Gearbox is probably slowly dissolving each time I hit boost :P 

IMG_0418.jpg

• Like 7

@Username just curious to know. What headers did you use to achieve this power level? Stock or aftermarket? @gotasuby appears to have got near the 400kw mark on OEM legacy headers which is dam impressive!

I'm hoping to achieve 350kw off the single scroll OEM headers / upipe into a rotated setup on my v11. Pipe ID is 38mm from memory so hopefully will be the ideal mix of good air flow and velocity!

On 8/9/2018 at 8:18 PM, Niran said:

@Username just curious to know. What headers did you use to achieve this power level? Stock or aftermarket? @gotasuby appears to have got near the 400kw mark on OEM legacy headers which is dam impressive!

I'm hoping to achieve 350kw off the single scroll OEM headers / upipe into a rotated setup on my v11. Pipe ID is 38mm from memory so hopefully will be the ideal mix of good air flow and velocity!

Also what inter cooler size and what brand and AR exhaust housing?

Plox: 280kW ATW @ 28PSI  -  492 NM Torque 

Model: 92 RS Legacy BC5

Displacement: 2.0l

Mods: gtx3071 gen 1 with mamba twin scroll 0.82 AR housing/ 880cc Side Feeds / bl/bp ts headers with twist adapter / 3Inch with 2 x coby & muffler / 550x230x65 FMIC / vipec i88 / post IC 50/50 water/meth injection / 272 Franklin reground cams / adjustable cam gears

dyno_compare_gt3076_vs_gtx3071.jpg

Top line is 28psi with water meth

Middle is 24ish psi no water meth

Dashed lines are old single scroll gt3076 0.63 housing 23psi no water meth

Edited by pl0x
  • Like 4

They are v3 sti heads with 272 franklin cams, and i think upgraded springs but cannot confirm as I brought the long block complete. 

Should be able to flow more based on other people results, but heads restricting the flow is my suspicion.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pl0x said:

They are v3 sti heads with 272 franklin cams, and i think upgraded springs but cannot confirm as I brought the long block complete. 

Should be able to flow more based on other people results, but heads restricting the flow is my suspicion.

How did I not know you have the same car as me : / lol thought I knew al the bc5ers :P

21 hours ago, Niran said:

Aftermarket equal length bought from a rally car in Christchurch, custom made down there by engineering shop but nothing special really 1.5 inch runners I believe, 4-1 style 2.5 inch up-pipe. I have been told to buy a late model legacy twinscroll headers they are cheap and great upgrade for twinscroll setup, I'm still single scroll. Racefab quoted me 3k for headers only, twin scroll type,  so didn't bother. I don't think the OEM setup u going for will restrict it that much so depending on turbo can't see why u can't hit ur number. 

7 hours ago, pl0x said:

Also what inter cooler size and what brand and AR exhaust housing?

Intercooler and radiator is just cheap type from redline performance still use OEM fans and shroud never had overheating issues, and exhaust is 0.63, yep its a big limiter on power maybe. Who tuned ur car?

Edited by Username
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's something a little more modest.

Model: 2016 WRX 6MT, VAB
Mods: Cobb catted j-pipe, HKS Legamax cat-back exhaust, GrimmSpeed 3-port EBCS, Process West VertiCooler TMIC and charge pipe.
Tuner/dyno: Spec Performance, EcuTek

Peak power 210.8kW, torque 452.5Nm

9PJqx9l.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, it's still pretty early days with these engines I think, and it's hard to find much reliable information out there. From what I've learned so far, remaining low-effort (and non turbo/ethanol) upgrades at this point are TGV and EGR deletes and a header (also adds support for an external wastegate, but is super spendy) for maybe an extra 20kW and no need to change anything other than the tune.

Ethanol and a flex sensor setup would give maybe an extra 40kW, with the factory injectors and fuel pump up to E30, and a replacement pump with more than that. With all of these mods and a FMIC, and maybe an intake for a handful of extra horsepower, I could be looking at anywhere from 270-300kW. I could get better numbers with a bigger turbo (but not a whole lot of options there). Either way, anything over 250-260kW means the possibility of throwing a rod on the factory internals.

Torque comes on really hard and early thanks to the tiny twin-scroll turbo and its low positioning, but it also starts running out of puff above 5000RPM. That 4500RPM dip seems to be almost universal on tunes of the FA20DIT that I've seen. No idea why, but even the NA BRZ has the same dip there. When it was new it was really, really noticeable but is much less so now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...