Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Wheel repairs in AKL

willisnz

On a quick search, people rate Arrow Wheels in Kelston.  I'm in Avondale so it's not too inconvenient, but I drive past Wheel Repair Services (WRS) everyday on my way to work, so it is super convenient... anyone had an experience with them?  I'm guessing it's a relatively simple repair as the buckling in my wheel (assuming that is the problem and it isn't a dud tyre) isn't obvious on a visual inspection.

25 minutes ago, willisnz said:

On a quick search, people rate Arrow Wheels in Kelston.  I'm in Avondale so it's not too inconvenient, but I drive past Wheel Repair Services (WRS) everyday on my way to work, so it is super convenient... anyone had an experience with them?  I'm guessing it's a relatively simple repair as the buckling in my wheel (assuming that is the problem and it isn't a dud tyre) isn't obvious on a visual inspection.

Will be interested to know what WRS are like too as i drive past them everyday as well.

Arrow are good but pricey. Have had previous experience with these guys but they are on the North Shore  http://www.wheelfixit.co.nz/ their quote to do the same job as Arrow was half the price.

I know it's not what you're asking but FWIW I've used Arrow before, highly recommend them. The repair / powdercoat job held up for the entire 6 years I owned the car. They also let me borrow set of wheels/tyres for a week while they had mine for repair so all up relatively convenient.

Cheers guys.  If I get aftermarket rims in the future, it sounds like Arrow is worth it, but probably not worth forking out for on factory rims in this situation.

The calculus is if it's only one wheel that is buggered (which appears to be the case) and I can it done pretty cheaply, I'm better off doing that then buying new wheels.  If it's more than one wheel that needs work to fix my wobble, I'll just put the money towards new wheels

So I'll give WRS a whirl if I go down this route.

1 minute ago, evowrx said:

If theyre stock wheels probably heaps cheaper to buy ones from strongs or trademe/fb.

Probably similar, but then I end up with 3 extra wheels I don't need (if I get a set from TM) and still have to pay to get the tyre fitted. Would strong sell an individual wheel?

Just now, Batbaruman said:

get a quote first , if they're stock and they're buggered to the point it's wobbly it might be more economical to buy a new set of stock ones

Only hesitation with getting another set of 2nd hand stock wheels is they may also be buggered. Plus previous point about then having 3 wheels to dispose of.

Will definitely get a quote first. And do all the other troubleshooting mentioned in my other post on this. If more than 1 wheel needs to be straightened, this option instantly becomes non-economic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sobanoodle said:

I'd just wait for a cheap set of rims to come up on TM - in prefect condition, and then sell my existing set-up with the issues disclosed. 

Wait? You're clearly more patient than I am;) The wobble,even though it's subtle, bothers me every time I drive the car at slow speed, which is every day crawling on the NW motorway to/from work.

My fall back is picking up this set that matches mine for $100 and hoping one of them is true and then paying $25 - $45 per wheel to get it fitted.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/auction-1248121525.htm

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Anyone got an email address for Arrow? They don't reply to enquiries via their contact form and I can't really call whilst at work :P

Wheel Fix It are really responsive to emails fyi :D

Try their website:P They have 3 different staff email addresses next to the contact form on this page.

http://www.arrowwheels.co.nz/contact/