Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Pad/fluid recommendations

G B

What do you guys use?

2016 WRX STi. Daily driver plus 'spirited' driving on country roads. No track days.

Currently sourcing set of dba 4000 T3 rotors all round with braided lines.

Would like improved initial bite at higher temps over stock. Don't really want squealing from cold but still need good bite from cold too as daily driver.

TIA

I'm looking at moving away from OE pads as I'm getting reduced bite at higher temps after a long blat (currently commuting between Auckland and Whangarei). The fluid and braided lines will help prevent any fade but feel the pads will be a weak link.

The rotors are a bit for looks I have to confess, but should  be an improvement in theory.

Edited by G B

25 minutes ago, G B said:

I'm looking at moving away from OE pads as I'm getting reduced bite at higher temps after a long blat (currently commuting between Auckland and Whangarei). The fluid and braided lines will help prevent any fade but feel the pads will be a weak link.

The rotors are a bit for looks I have to confess, but should  be an improvement in theory.

Whangarei you say? Work bring you this way? I travel to Whangarei for work each day.

44 minutes ago, G B said:

Yep. Drive up Sun arvo and back to Akl on Friday after work. Stay here during the week.

Nice drive - often divert off at Welsford through Helensville. Less traffic that way.

Nice. Should catch up so I can say Ive sat in a 2016 STI...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, G B said:

Settled on some Dixcel ES pads

I love my Dixcel type M, especially how low dust they're.

Whom did you get yours through?

11 minutes ago, patrickc22 said:

You could also get the trd version to for next time 

As far as I know TRD is the same stuff as Motul 600. $25 a bottle from Toyota dealership :)

• Like 1

Always find it interesting that there are so many differing opions out there on the net as to what is or is not useless. Plenty of posts elsewhere state that slotted rotors are pointless as modern pads don't produce that much gas there days, and so on.

I've been doing the pad tests for Dave @ Braketech. Had the z,  es and ec pads in my car. I'm super impressed with the dixcel. Also been testing bnt pads and Ferodo pads. Value for money I don't think you could beat  the es or ec. Ec is for fast road with more initial cold bite, es is fast road and trackday pads. Slightly less bite cold but still much more than bendix etc. 

• Like 2

I have to agree. I have tested ES and Z both were very good on road and track. I think that if i had to choose id go for the Z as they are good on track and and road.

I have now gone to CL RS5 pads from braketech as my car is mainly used for trackdays than road use.

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up ordering some Goodrich lines from the US as local supplier ended up beibg useless. Arrived yesterday and booked in at Subirex next week for fitment with new fluid.

New pads/rotors have already made  huge difference. Will be interesting to see what the braided lines and Motul 660 fluid offer in terms of further improvement.

Currently in the customer lounge at Subirex and good news from AJ is the hoses will fit. The fronts are slighty different with a more acutely angled banjo join, but nothing that will cause any issues. Time for a few more levels of Angry Birds while AJ does the hard work :D

• Like 4