Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Recaros In Legacy 3.0R

TNHSTI

thanks that's good to know only thing is the guy at NZKW said that the bracket that you bolt the seatbelt stalk to on the NZKW rail would need a cert?

I dont think there is anywhere on the seat to mount it to like the factory seats

43 minutes ago, killervq30de said:

I have a recaro street racing seat on recaro 'legacy model' rails in Legacy '06 GT and been through at VTNZ with no issues.  Drivers seat is recaro and the passenger is still factory, neither have bags.  I think the main thing is the seat belt clip has to be fixed

keen to see a pic of the seat

Edited by V7STI1992

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/02/2017 at 1:56 PM, V7STI1992 said:

thanks that's good to know only thing is the guy at NZKW said that the bracket that you bolt the seatbelt stalk to on the NZKW rail would need a cert?

I dont think there is anywhere on the seat to mount it to like the factory seats

keen to see a pic of the seat

Here you go.. I don't think it looks too bad with just the driver seat being recaro.. from the outside its not really that obvious as seat is black in the standard subaru tints make it harder to see at a glance

COMBINED.jpg

Edited by killervq30de

On 2/20/2017 at 11:10 AM, killervq30de said:

Here you go.. I don't think it looks too bad with just the driver seat being recaro.. from the outside its not really that obvious as seat is black in the standard subaru tints make it harder to see at a glance

COMBINED.jpg

Very nice - is that an SR7 Recaro? and did you purchase this seat from someone in Nelson?

hey guys, last time i looked non-factory seat rails needed a cert.

On 9/02/2017 at 1:16 PM, 94 Leone said:

Nah, you don't need a cert for that.
The thing that requires a cert is the modification of the anchor point, I.E. The point where it bolts to the floor.

i've heard some inspectors have interpreted anchor points to include seat rails, i.e. making non-factory seat rails certable.

7 minutes ago, V7STI1992 said:

Very nice - is that an SR7 Recaro? and did you purchase this seat from someone in Nelson?

Yeah I remember that one too :)

And as a reference I'll add a few pics of my ex - optional STI part number 6404021020 aka Recaro Sport Topline. Fully electric, heated/vented, inflatable lumbar and back supports, extendable leg support. I couldn't care less about it being black and the rest of the interior beige, who cares when it comes to the seat like that :P

23122979629_6faf8deac7_b.jpg

23408477731_61a6236128_b.jpg

23464820216_3d72845a1d_b.jpg

23195190530_7e7f28879c_b.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, killervq30de said:

Yes I think it is an SR7.. And yep from Nelson, Do you know the seat :D  Brought it off trademe and had it sent up

Haha I do indeed, that was me who sold it to you! I had it in my 2007 Legacy B4 wish I had kept it now!! :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, newsuba said:

hey guys, last time i looked non-factory seat rails needed a cert.

i've heard some inspectors have interpreted anchor points to include seat rails, i.e. making non-factory seat rails certable.

That's wrong to be fair, Because That is not the point at which it anchors.
Seriously, some people need to understand the language our laws are written in

Get Good S*** that uses the same seatbelt mount point, and you're safe as houses.
What they're saying is- If it uses all factory location bolts, they're a reputable brand (Recaro definitely is) and you need not modify seatbelt shite; You are fine to use Aftermarket rails without a Cert

Edit: At the end of the day- what it comes down to- is do you feel safe to use it, because ultimately it's your life you put at risk.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 94 Leone said:

That's wrong to be fair, Because That is not the point at which it anchors.
Seriously, some people need to understand the language our laws are written in

agreed, though often laws are written in nebulous waffle open to multiple interpretation, and pushed through with too much haste

;)

Edited by newsuba
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, V7STI1992 said:

OK so I'm guessing that the seat belt bracket that comes attached to the NZKW Base is not legal to bolt the stalk to that?

With all honesty (and as I said in our PM conversation) you should've just bought a used set of BL/BP Recaro rails instead of those, not as scarce in Japan. 

Personally wouldn't trust NZKW, not sure why but I just have that feeling. And you already had some issues with the rails.

BTW, looks the Recaro the seat I posted above might be for sale again if Steph  @im-a-bus can source a replacement stock leather seat in black ;) 

11 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

With all honesty (and as I said in our PM conversation) you should've just bought a used set of BL/BP Recaro rails instead of those, not as scarce in Japan. 

Personally wouldn't trust NZKW, not sure why but I just have that feeling. And you already had some issues with the rails.

BTW, looks the Recaro the seat I posted above might be for sale again if Steph  @im-a-bus can source a replacement stock leather seat in black ;) 

I did have some issues - but that was because I didn't assemble them properly, where would I source some BL/BP Rails from -e bay?

Well I'm not purchasing another seat after already spending $900 on the mint condition SR4s that I got

Edited by V7STI1992

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
1 hour ago, V7STI1992 said:

Just for anyone who is interested my car passed a WOF no problem at all today with the Recaro SR4s and the NZKW Sliders and bases, no questions asked, this was at VTNZ 

Mine's been passed through a WOF with fixed backs and those ones too with no issues either. I've also been pulled over and the RA checked. Police were happy with the car. 

13 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Mine's been passed through a WOF with fixed backs and those ones too with no issues either. I've also been pulled over and the RA checked. Police were happy with the car. 

This is good Info thanks a lot, this will be useful for others who are wanting to do the same or similar

• 1 month later...