Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Traded my STi for a Tiida

G B

Thankfully for just a week! Had a meet and greet with a Possum earlier in the week and while the pesky critter lost, still did some damage to the bumper. Front splitter is also cracked so the STi went into the panel beaters this morning and the Tiida will be an alternative to walking. Not looking forward to the 2hr drive to work tomorrow :crying:

• Like 2

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, G B said:

Thankfully for just a week! Had a meet and greet with a Possum earlier in the week and while the pesky critter lost, still did some damage to the bumper. Front splitter is also cracked so the STi went into the panel beaters this morning and the Tiida will be an alternative to walking. Not looking forward to the 2hr drive to work tomorrow :crying:

I had my car in the panel beater late last year.. somehow they didn't spot my dash cam.. had one of the guys on video taking for a few trips around the block.  Not looking forward to when I've done upgrades and eventually having to leave it at a mech/panel beater again.  Shame you can't have a Valet tune or on the SI Drive lock into the I /economy mode .. MAF Killed switch and make it go into limb mode?

1 hour ago, killervq30de said:

I had my car in the panel beater late last year.. somehow they didn't spot my dash cam.. had one of the guys on video taking for a few trips around the block.  Not looking forward to when I've done upgrades and eventually having to leave it at a mech/panel beater again.  Shame you can't have a Valet tune or on the SI Drive lock into the I /economy mode .. MAF Killed switch and make it go into limb mode?

Disconnect the waste gate actuator arm..if turbo...

Love the Nismo idea xD

Fortunately, the car is with a reputable panelbeater. Plus I've photographed the odo so will know if anyone has been naughty as there is no reason at all that the car needs to he driven any more than a few meters....

41 minutes ago, G B said:

Love the Nismo idea xD

Fortunately, the car is with a reputable panelbeater. Plus I've photographed the odo so will know if anyone has been naughty as there is no reason at all that the car needs to he driven any more than a few meters....

Yeah mine was reasonably reputable.. and pictures of odo  which had increased but a couple of launches around the block don't show that much on the odo. Mine had no reason to be road tested either.  just bad luck i guess

• Like 1

Slight delay as they were waiting on Subaru to deliver a new front lip. Steve Nuich Panel Beaters have done an awesome job and I highly recommend them (also fixed my wife's car after some lowlife bedly dented the door on her 5 month old Jeep ¬¬). Car is better than before as they've also tidied up a few small stone chips :x And no extra ks on the clock so they totally respectful of the car as well as professional.

amH6t0F.jpg

Random Q. As well as the Tiida, I also had a Wingroad for a couple of hours this morning while they fitted the splitter. Both were autos but neither had any form of engine temp gauge. Is this common on auto's these days?

Edited by G B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, G B said:

Random Q. As well as the Tiida, I also had a Wingroad for a couple of hours this morning while they fitted the splitter. Both were autos but neither had any form of engine temp gauge. Is this common on auto's these days?

My works 2013 Corolla is manual and doesn't have a temp gauge, just a little temperature symbol that flashes blue when you start the car and red when overheating (not that we have got the temperature that high)

• Admin
12 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

that looks nice mate, im contemplating splitter atm, but also thinking about where i drive and the consequences of bumper coming off from splitter catching on anything . first world problems

I used to have a front lip, taking it off was one of the best things I ever did in terms of practicality of the car. You can either go up any driveway you want without worrying one bit about scraping it, or you can go about 50mm lower and get the same scrapyness.

• Like 1