Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Legacy clutch

Best clutch i've had is the below, make sure you get either a new flywheel or get it skimmed 

Organic Clutch Disk    30100AA900
STI Clutch Pressure Plate    30210AA520
Clutch Spigot/Pilot Bearing    806212020
Clutch Release Bearing    30502AA130

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So i have 3 options 1: 

Spoiler

subaru 30100AA900 DISK COMPL-CLUTCH   220.73 NZD      
Subaru 30210AA520 # OBD # COVER CP-CLUTCH   242.98 NZD      
Subaru 30502AA130 BRG-CLUTCH REL   132.77 NZD  

with a total:724.30 NZD    

2: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1283478185

3: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1282746553

With this flywheel  http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1285662619

On 3/22/2017 at 10:03 PM, patrickc22 said:

So i have 3 options 1: 

Reveal hidden contents

subaru 30100AA900 DISK COMPL-CLUTCH   220.73 NZD      
Subaru 30210AA520 # OBD # COVER CP-CLUTCH   242.98 NZD      
Subaru 30502AA130 BRG-CLUTCH REL   132.77 NZD  

with a total:724.30 NZD    

2: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1283478185

3: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1282746553

With this flywheel  http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1285662619

Would any know what the difference in these to are 
Apart from cost 
Or what should ask the sellers 

27 minutes ago, patrickc22 said:

Would any know what the difference in these to are 
Apart from cost 
Or what should ask the sellers 

If its the same part number just the price. FJK-7123HD I think. Price up genuine thro an NZ dealer too could surprise you.

1 hour ago, evowrx said:

I had a drews puk jobbie was S*** compared to exedy puk. Horrible drivability wouldnt touch a drews again.

What @evowrx said. I smashed one in my gc8 with their 11lb flywheel. I was mostly attracted to it due to the price and it seemed like an affordable up grade. 

Drivability is not the worst I've ever encountered, however it is a case of no engagement until the last 20-30mm of the peddle throw and it is reasonable hard to make a smooth start without shudder. I'm personally not worried by this, but I can see how others would not be able to live with it. 

I can't comment much further as iv done minimal mileage due to the car still being a work in progress, have maybe out 200km max on it. I'd like to think it will hold the power I'm aiming for (200wkw) and will handle abuse. My advice would be to consider other options if you want/need something that's feels drivable in a daily.

@patrickc22 got a price here for you if you're still keen.

Not bad pricing. A couple hundy cheaper than the specials out in the NZ market. Kit comes with Clutch cover, Clutch disc, Release bearing and Spigot

Don't hold stock so will need to order it in from Exedy if you want it.

Exedy I believe manufacture the OEM clutches. Buying off partsouq is silly IMO. Should be able to get an FJK-7123HD for around 650 including GST at trade as D1 says. Having an unnecessarily heavy clutch is NOT a positive thing, puts extra strain on the trans and is a pain to drive. A standard HD clutch should handle somewhat above 200kw okay.

12 hours ago, patrickc22 said:

the end goal for this car is 250 to 300kw 

Have you got a v7 sti short block going in? stock block wont go there. Regardless, there has to be a weak point. imo rather have the clutch slip a little on a gnarly launch than saying goodbye to your gearbox. 

• Like 2