Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Instagram usernames?

• General Member

Welcome to the forums Stella! (cheers for the DM too have no issue doing your shout-out now!

ow that GT40 looks sad : I collected the leftover headlight bits as souviners lol

just paste a link? (or grab your share url from a recent snap) edit : I edited yours posts with recent pics :P

oh and I kinda help out on the official ClubSUB account too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Haven't got into instagram yet. Is it worth it if you don't really want to post many pics? Most instagram stuff I see posted on facebook puts me off as it seems to be mostly selfies and food.

Ah, but there are fitness models out there too, so Cars and booty. 
TBH. most of my insta is selfies and food; but IDGAF because remember- if you don't like it, you don't have to follow it.
what you see almost entirely depends on who or what you follow (similar to what you see on facebook depends on who you are friends with)

• Like 1

My insta used to be photos of food and shows, now it's photos of my dogs and 6mo daughter...And nobody wants to see topless selfies of a (quite hairy) 32yo male who is past his prime, haha.

Most of the accounts I follow now are food, shows and my friends who are posting photos of their babies...different life stages.... as noted, you follow what you are interested in.

• Like 1

• General Member
18 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Weird thing is I just check my facebook account and now have a friend inviting me to instagram! maybe its the universe telling me to join

Facebook owns IG so yeah they are kinda trying to integrate the two things slowly

53 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Haven't got into instagram yet. Is it worth it if you don't really want to post many pics? Most instagram stuff I see posted on facebook puts me off as it seems to be mostly selfies and food.

I use mine to just mainly post photos of my car progress! You should really get into it, it's a good way of seeing how far you've come :)

22 minutes ago, willisnz said:

I'd follow your dog #whippet #dogsofinstagram

I try to get people interested in my build because I like feedback. What's the point of having an online "photo blog" if you can't get feedback? (:

37 minutes ago, willisnz said:

My insta used to be photos of food and shows, now it's photos of my dogs and 6mo daughter..

Mine's kinda similar - started with some scenery/food/watches, ended up with a dog and a baby :D 

Wonder what our kids will think of all this stuff.

i too whore out my car for likes. nothing quit as satisfying in this day and age than validating oneself on social media (not taking a stab at anyone, i actually do this myself lol.. #guiltypleasures)

@StellaWrx nice IG page you got going there. only suggestion i would have is post your content more selectively don't spam upload and do it on a regular consistent time every day. have you attempted any analysis etc? i was going to try get in to it for lols but then got too lazy to make a page just for car. . what is your end goal? sponsorship? if you're looking for local feedback, the reason i liked yoru page is that you seem to be blogging a journey of car, showing that 'tuner' scene similar to what i see on youtube / american bloggers, except right here in nz where 'subie tuner' culture is otherwise very tame in contrast.

ps.better follow me back aye

pps what is subieflow

ppps tag @clubsub_nz in your posts and get more word of the club out there :)

not strictly a car insta page though, was too lazy to do that so you get the random selfie, weightlifting / guitar vids, hiking antics and even shots of my cheeky little dog among the pics of car. same stuff as on my thread really but with more carefully selected pictures and filters

@amrit.insta - https://www.instagram.com/amrit.insta/

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

what is your end goal? sponsorship?

Imho chances are very slim if you're based in NZ, especially with  newer cars - tons of full-on builds in the States, many suppliers/manufacturers are based there too.

NZ is just too small unless you do something extraordinary.

In saying that, babies and dogs seem to be much easier. We got picked up by Mountain Buggy to be their pilots :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Imho chances are very slim if you're based in NZ, especially with  newer cars - tons of full-on builds in the States, many suppliers/manufacturers are based there too.

NZ is just too small unless you do something extraordinary.

In saying that, babies and dogs seem to be much easier. We got picked up by Mountain Buggy to be their pilots :) 

yeah i tried it with my strength/fitness crap when was in to that too haha, at best got a few free tubs of protein and some equipment but wasn't worth the effort in general. same reason i didn't bother trying too much go down that route with car. just enjoy taking a good photo here and there and applying filters to it to share 'round. atleast she's putting a good effort in to it, you got to give it a go to see what it's like and shes not buying her followers, imo is just sad when people do that!

• Like 1

• General Member

3 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

I've been half tempted to sign up, but just can't get myself to do it... :/

pretty much the story of ClubSUB when I paste links to facebook "mechanic' groups

"oh I'm not a member"

[it is still free / fairly easy to join right?]

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, Technikhaus said:

Yeah free, and easy to join, but just another social medium to sign up to and maintain/check on etc :P

I used to post photos to Facebook.
Now I post them to Instagram and share to my Facebook since the accounts are one and the same.
Hasn't really added any extra maintenance.

I just scroll through the feed on my lunch break or at home.

• Like 1