Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubSUB's 20th Celebrations and Mega Meet 2017!!

RAYDEO

• Admin
On 4/6/2017 at 8:44 PM, El_Chado said:

Hey @RAYDEO, I entered and paid for the amazing race a few week ago. Can you please confirm it's been received?

Got it mate, the above list is just the track goers, not the group for the amazing race.

• Admin

How a Trackday runs:

8.00am  

Gates Open 

8.45am to 9.30 am 

Documentation: Bring your Licence & the Indemnity form that Playday on Track emailed you a few days before the event.

9.40am                        

Drivers briefing 
(All drivers & passengers must attend)

9.55am   

Cars on track for Familiarisation laps  
(low speed, passengers allowed, helmets not required).

10.10am

First group of cars on the track

4.30pm

All cars must be off the track

• Like 2

Just had a thought, I'm only on my restricted license LOL completely forgot, will that do it will I need a full license? Ive had my restricted since I was 17 I just never got around to getting my full - was overseas alot

8 hours ago, THUNDA said:

Just had a thought, I'm only on my restricted license LOL completely forgot, will that do it will I need a full license? Ive had my restricted since I was 17 I just never got around to getting my full - was overseas alot

Restricted is ok..

Just make sure you are off the track by 10 pm..

• Like 6

• General Member

What is a PlayDay?
The event is a track day where you can drive your own car in a controlled, non racing environment at race tracks throughout New Zealand.

You can use these track days to:

• Test your cars handling and performance.
  • Advance your driving skills.
  • Have an adrenaline fun filled day.
  • Get professional race driver training.

What type of car can I bring?
You can bring any type of car. All cars must be either road-legal (with current WOF ) or a race car capable of passing motorsport scrutineering.
We get a real mix at most days - anything from MX5's to Ferrari's
Please note: All soft top cars MUST have adequate roll protection

We have a group called Playday Prestige for exotic & expensive cars limited to 10 -12 cars. This qualifies for trackday cover if you are insured with Prestigio.

What equipment do I need to bring if I am going out on the track ? 

• 100% Cotton or fire proof overalls (please ensure they are oil/grease & paint free)
  • A crash helmet in good condition
  • Shoes (not sandals or jandals)
  • Drivers license

We also recommend cotton shirt, underclothes and socks (for fire safety).

How is the day run ? 
The day starts with registration where we will check your documentation and license, this is followed by a briefing which all participants MUST attend. If you miss this, contact one of the organizers for a private briefing as soon as it can be arranged.  

Next, the track is opened for some familiarization laps. These are low speed laps where passengers are allowed in all cars and the purpose is for you to get to know the track.  

Then the fun begins !! Cars enter the track in groups at timed intervals. You choose the speed group you want to be in and can change groups during the day if you wish. 
We are normally on the track from approx 10.00am to 4.30pm and you can stop and have lunch etc when you wish.

What if I have paid and can't go?
Because Playday On Track Ltd has fixed costs such as the track and ambulance hire etc we cannot give refunds but if you let us know as soon as possible we will try to fill your place and then refund you (Or transfer your booking to another event). Alternatively you are welcome to find another person to take your place.

Do I need to book?
Bookings are taken on a first paid, first in basis. Playdays are generally oversubscribed so you will need to book in advance. We do not accept entries on the day. 

What if you think you are too slow and that faster drivers will get annoyed with you?
Most of the faster participants are used to being on the track with a variety of cars and drivers. They are generally very tolerant and all started in the same place as you. There are usually plenty of straights for faster drivers to get past and we have strict rules about where and how to overtake. And remember you can select a speed group to suit you.

What if you think you are too fast and that slower drivers will be annoying?
Please remember that Playdays are not race events but we encourage drivers to group themselves with similar performance cars, fastest first.

Is a Motorsport race license required?
A New Zealand drivers license or a Motorsport license is acceptable.

What if it rains?
The PlayDay will continue rain, hail or shine.  Playday On Track Ltd gets charged for track hire regardless of weather and we have found that it is actually good to know how your car handles in all types of weather. 

Passenger Rules
Passengers are only allowed in cars with a Motorsport approved roll cage & a 4,5 or 6 point Harness. This is a Motorsport NZ rule. 
The only exception is on the familiarization laps.

What other information do I need to know?
No Alcohol is to be consumed by anyone attending the PlayDay before or during the event.
No young children or animals are allowed at the Pit Lane (Motorsport rule we must obey)

Overtaking, what's the rules?
This will be emphasized at briefing but basically overtaking may only be done under acceleration, never under braking, never after the 200m board & not whilst cornering. So that leaves the straights.

As the cars start around 5 seconds apart if someone catches you they must be faster so let them pass & follow them & you will probably learn something. 

These rules exist as we do not want any cars colliding. No one should go home from a Playday with panel damage.

Drivers will be asked to leave the track for the remainder of the day and will be removed from the database if they are driving in a manner that may endanger other drivers or their cars.  

We want this day to be enjoyable for everyone and as most of the cars are driven to the track we want them to be driven home as well.

• Like 2

They dont check them. So its up to you really. But anythign motorbike legal should be safe.

I have an old helmet I can bring as a spare if anyone needs it.

Also getting excited. Getting an alignment tomorrow, and a WOF then good to go.

• Like 3

not sure what plans are for weekend yet ( most likely working) BUT if I am not needed may turn up on Saturday, can we pay on day and as i will be alone do i need a co driver ? will be in brumbeast if I do come ( and no I dont think brumbeast will be any good on the track only maybe as mobile chicane :) ) 

• Like 3

hi hope administration are going to read this.  I have paid for the weekend but I have not received any confirmation.  not able to contact any other way than here. Sorry.  I have had a payment confirmation for my membership for the year but worried I won't get an indemnity form.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scooby555RA338 said:

hi hope administration are going to read this.  I have paid for the weekend but I have not received any confirmation.  not able to contact any other way than here. Sorry.  I have had a payment confirmation for my membership for the year but worried I won't get an indemnity form.

I don't believe anyone's received anything as of yet. Don't panic. Just make sure you have cotton Overalls, and a motorsports orientated helmet, no jandals.  
most importantly; bring a smile. 

For the form, usually (atleast with the NZDRA events ive been in) The indemnity form is signed at the time of scrutineering. 
may differ with playday.

• Like 1

• General Member
13 hours ago, DRFVDR said:

not sure what plans are for weekend yet ( most likely working) BUT if I am not needed may turn up on Saturday, can we pay on day and as i will be alone do i need a co driver ? will be in brumbeast if I do come ( and no I dont think brumbeast will be any good on the track only maybe as mobile chicane :) ) 

KEEN

Did anyone realise we were supposed to register for the Saturday stuff via the "entry form" in OP?

5 minutes ago, Joker said:

KEEN

Did anyone realise we were supposed to register for the Saturday stuff via the "entry form" in OP?

yeah, I realised. But had to juggle monies at the time. so to ensure the trackday happened. Paid for that.

• Admin
14 hours ago, Scooby555RA338 said:

Don't worry Paul, you're perfectly fine and good to go mate :)

Unfortunately PBMS have some bad news!

Due to a series of unfortunate events, we're going to be stuck in the workshop this weekend preparing Rally Cars for the Whangarei round of the NZ rally championship next week. With this said, we won't be able to attend the weekend's festivities, but vow to make it up to our friends at ClubSub org nz. We'll throw you guys one hell of a dyno day, with Subirex Automotive Limited there as well. Oh, and if you help our page to get 10K likes by the end of the weekend, all Megameet '17 attendees will get their dyno run free of charge! All details will be confirmed once we've caught up after the NZRC.

Have a damn good weekend guys, and stay safe on the roads and track.

Julius // Possum Bourne Motorsport
  • Like 5

• Joker unpinned this topic