Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ClubSUB's 20th Celebrations and Mega Meet 2017!!

RAYDEO

Just got home and all ready checking when/where the next track day is lolol

my tyres were terrible, I didn't even think to get good ones - I was under the impression new tyres were good (lots of tread blah  blah) was  boaty as around corners

lost my ps fluid cap on first session in the slow category on Lo boost - got over taken by an rx8

second session also in slow category was loads more fun - hi boost, a lot of screeching tyres and understeer, only managed to pass one car, and to my delight it was an evo 5 :D 

had some bad sounding backfires with blue smoke cloud , tyres sucked big time , ps fluid made a smokey mess and the turbo was cooking so decided to end the day there, didn't want to keep pushing it and it going bang 

Great day all round , was good to meet a few of you guys!, my gps clocked me at 204km/h on the straight! ^_ ^ 

• Like 5

10/10 Subaru 12 hour le mans bender Squad. 3 hours sleep and a day of tracking. Would recommend.
May or may not have got my brakes hot, but they were great by the time I got home.
Cheers to everyone for making it such a great weekend, and everyone was smiling. Perfect track conditions.
Unfortunate about the kill count of the weekend, Will have to wait until anzac day to get a final Tally I imagine..

oh special shoutout to @Kiwi_Fozze for getting me set up with launch control. It's too much fun, probably why there are laws that 'technically' prohibit its use on public roads.

Hearts for all

• Like 5

• Admin

a massive effort team, and a great weekend had by all.

thanks for thanking me, but in reality it was all of you fullers that made the weekend what ti was.

great to meet so many people and put names to faces

new pic thread is here - 

• Like 6

Well, it didn't end the way I would have liked but I'll be taking away some fond memories. It was nice to make some new friends and get to briefly hit the track.

Major thanks to: 

Ray and Kristy for the ride down to Kapiti and getting us on the Wellington train with minutes to spare.

Jason for the epic ride in his fearsome track machine. 

Bruce McLaren Motorsport park for letting me lock my broken car up in a pit garage until it can be put on a truck and sent back to the South Island.

• Like 7

Awesome day, had heaps of fun and in car domestics during the amazing race then another great day at the trackday,

Sorry to pollute the clubsub track group with a mazda, my legacy support car isnt much of a track weapon, it did manage to tow Morris's broken car to his mates place though :P but it meant i have a bunch of footage of you guys from incar that ill upload over the next couple of days.

Thanks to Ray for organising it and to everyone else making everything to pleasant.

• Like 5

Ahaha, yeah oops. Rwd, less than adequate suspension, 205 street tires and 200whp makes it pretty "exciting" to drive haha. Although usually it was a case of going too quick into a corner, then overcoming understeer with a bit of clutch action. Especially in the afternoon sessions. Was good fun. 

• Like 2

Thanks for a fab weekend. First time on the track and would definitely do it gain :-) Next time would get some expert training to get my game up. Managed 170 down the straight on my last run... only to be passed by wife! She saw the speedo at 210 at one stage. Enjoyed the rally on Saturday (even with a domestic in the car, glad we weren't on the only ones!). Shame we had to head home for work Monday... would have been great to get a couple more laps in and drive home today. Great to meet you all and a big thumbs up!

• Like 6

Everyone has said it anyway but holy crap what an awesome weekend. Was my very first ClubSub event since becoming a member in 2013. Can honestly say thats the most fun i have had in my car and i was very happy to share it with all of you. My heart goes out to all of the cars that broke :( but hey! It can be fixed with the help of the info on the Forum :D 

Thank you to you all and it was wonderful meeting each and every one of you

• Like 3

Thankyou for inviting us along. Apart from shredding both front tyres the car ran well. Glad we could excite a few people with hot laps. See you at the next one!!! If you do have any photos feel free to post them on our Facebook page - Shorttyracingteam or hashtag #Shorttyracingteam and I'll find them

• Like 8

• Admin
17 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

Pride.

Lots and lots of Pride.

I was technically the first motor to fail, but I never even got the car to an event as it suffered a failure Saturday morning on a coffee run -_- 

On another note, I had an absolutely awesome time and will look forward to the next time we get this together! The weather was mint the whole weekend, the Banter was on point with @A_Tiny_Chipmunk @94 Leone @Joker @Furze @Kiwi_Fozze @chulozumo and not to mention our Favorite Mechanic @Subirex Automotive

• Like 2

• General Member

I'm still connecting Names with faces and Forum user names LOL

hard to believe exactly 7 years ago today we were at Camp Rangi Woods!

1918287_384724761734_2440632_n.jpg?oh=d5

aint no party like a CS Party,.....

that could also be anyone :D

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

It feels as though it has been a very very long time since Taupo... especially as I have been a pedestrian since then. I am pleased to say that my little car is finally back on the road with a freshly rebuilt engine... and it only took three months.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, MrMacKenzie said:

It feels as though it has been a very very long time since Taupo... especially as I have been a pedestrian since then. I am pleased to say that my little car is finally back on the road with a freshly rebuilt engine... and it only took three months.

What did you end up doing to it ?

• Joker unpinned this topic