Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Vortex generator

G B

Okay, won't doing anything performance wise in reality. but a good price on eBay. Arrived safely today...

20170421_160315_zpsrqtnwcbd.jpg

20170421_160434_zpsihnwm5gm.jpg

20170421_160659_zpsv1ik6gbr.jpg

A4 installation booklet is 4 pages long!

Seems to be the correct size all round...

20170421_160516_zpskskbzgaj.jpg

Car is going into the paintshop next week for a couple of stone chip touch ups before I get some paint protecrtion film applied (damn the crap soft Subaru paint :mad:) Will get them to fit the part then.
Edited by G B
  • Like 1

@Andy_Mac- not planning on painting it.

@newsuba- No. Went for the factory delete option. 30 years ago I'd have gone for a big wing - now I like the look without. Car blends in more with others around and doesn't attract unwanted attention. Either that or I'm just getting to be an old git :( (which is closer to the truth xD)

• Like 2

I like it. I was undecided between a vortex generator and a rear window spoiler, and it was the gap behind the vortex that made me decide on the spoiler. It also seemed to suit black and white cars, but not silver. I just put mine on last weekend.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
is the toweye the latest in jdm bling ?

someone might nick it 

does the vortex generator work better with a rear spoiler, as on the evo ix/x ?

The tow eye cost me like $10 off of aliexpress, anyone can nick away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
1 hour ago, Conducks said:

The tow eye cost me like $10 off of aliexpress, anyone can nick away emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It's your car and you can do what you want with it, by why sully a very expensive car with a piece of S*** like that?

Do you actually track it, and have a need to be pulled out backwards from time to time?

If you did need to have the car recovered by that point, you owe it to the person towing you out not to use a horrid piece of junk that might snap at any moment and damage a person or vehicle.

It's your car and you can do what you want with it, by why sully a very expensive car with a piece of S*** like that?
Do you actually track it, and have a need to be pulled out backwards from time to time?
If you did need to have the car recovered by that point, you owe it to the person towing you out not to use a horrid piece of junk that might snap at any moment and damage a person or vehicle.

Nah haven't tracked it - Yet. It's purely for looks. The rear is boring without something to break it up like the tow hook. Plus starts heaps of conversations like "what's this for?" "Does it break down often"

• Like 2

I'd be worried that it would swing into the bumper and wear the paint...

OEM Vortex Generator is essentially for looks. Unless it is tested in a wind tunnel and the fins are narrow enough, it ain't going to really do anything effective in reality.

I'd be worried that it would swing into the bumper and wear the paint...

OEM Vortex Generator is essentially for looks. Unless it is tested in a wind tunnel and the fins are narrow enough, it ain't going to really do anything effective in reality.

Car wash smacks mine into the bumper but hey, a respray is only $350 :P and when I launch it flops out from the g's

• Like 1

Car wash? Lazy bugger - do it yourself  

Nah haha $16 gives full foam and spray then wax and dry, much easier. Then get a detail job done every 2-3 months and stay ontop of the carwash and wax :P

another question for the armchair aerodynamicists...

does the rear under the bumper spoiler do anything ?

to augment  or confuse the factory diffuser ?

It looks cool is what it does

Mine also made a cool scraping noise when I drove up steep driveways. Not so much since I got fatter tyres, though.

I hit driveways on a angle and still scrape. Also end up on 2-3 wheels and the traction control has a fit...