Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 Sti on Trademe

Subru

Hey, any thoughts on this lovely V7 sti?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-1300776063.htm

I have vtnz inspection and it needs new clutch fluid, cv boots, seat belt, coilover cert or old shocks put back in, probably with new top hats. I can do all this myself (not the cert tho xD) . 

Also has its fair share of dents and scratches but I can live with that or repair them.

• Admin

Looks ok and pretty OEM spec. Maybe offer him 12k and see where that leads?

I'd re-grease the Pink shocks and put them back in, cheap Teins probably make it handle worse plus you need a cert.

Based on the dusty AF engine bay I would say it gets driven down gravel roads a bunch so the underbody may be in kinda average condition and be prone to rusting later in life.

Last but not least, I'm pretty sure there's no 98 Octane in Timaru, so it will have been knocking away on 95 the whole time.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, boon said:

I'd re-grease the Pink shocks and put them back in, cheap Teins probably make it handle worse plus you need a cert.

Based on the dusty AF engine bay I would say it gets driven down gravel roads a bunch so the underbody may be in kinda average condition and be prone to rusting later in life.

Last but not least, I'm pretty sure there's no 98 Octane in Timaru, so it will have been knocking away on 95 the whole time.

sounds good, still looking atm but its an option...

wow it knocks on 95? I didnt know that...

22 minutes ago, Subru said:

wow it knocks on 95? I didnt know that...How bad is the knock because I use a Z card and they only have 95. Could a tune adjust for it?

Yes it can and it'd be advisable to do sooner not later. It will hurt power a bit but it's better than hurting the motor more 

For what it's worth I've been seeing those go for a few grand less quite often these days - that's almost paying dealer prices for a private sale 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Marky said:

Yes it can and it'd be advisable to do sooner not later. It will hurt power a bit but it's better than hurting the motor more 

For what it's worth I've been seeing those go for a few grand less quite often these days - that's almost paying dealer prices for a private sale 

Yea fair enough.

Yeah, im still looking around and doing a bit of research so I would like to get one a bit cheaper.

There are 2x BP's in Timaru but only one that has 98.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, les666 said:

There are 2x BP's in Timaru but only one that has 98.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The the first BP on the way into Timaru from Christchurch has 98. I topped up the RS RA 9n the way back from Dunedin there. It's the only stop I do in Timaru 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is exactly the same but done 107km NZ New, i have done a few mods to it and tuned as well, but have all the standard parts available as well to go with the car if you are wanting a standard car, i may be selling it in the next few weeks once i can get myself sorted to do it...

6 hours ago, 4G63B8 said:

Mine is exactly the same but done 107km NZ New, i have done a few mods to it and tuned as well, but have all the standard parts available as well to go with the car if you are wanting a standard car, i may be selling it in the next few weeks once i can get myself sorted to do it...

Nice, Im looking for a wagon now but I will take a look at your listing when you make one, never know...:) 

7 minutes ago, Subru said:

Nice, Im looking for a wagon now but I will take a look at your listing when you make one, never know...:) 

A wagon eh, why not get a real wagon (aka a Legacy) instead of an oversized hatchback that calls itself a wagon:P

7 hours ago, 4G63B8 said:

oh no! why? whats next? :(

15 minutes ago, willisnz said:

A wagon eh, why not get a real wagon (aka a Legacy) instead of an oversized hatchback that calls itself a wagon:P

nah theres enough legacys here :P he has a bright future in team bugeye

• Like 1

Bugeye Wagon owner checking in!  :-)

I've got a mate selling his v7 Sti Wagon, are you part of the NZ Subaru Enthusiasts group on FB?

If not, join the group and click the "Items for Sale" section, his is the Blue one in Wellington.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yoUaReABUS said:

Bugeye Wagon owner checking in!  :-)

I've got a mate selling his v7 Sti Wagon, are you part of the NZ Subaru Enthusiasts group on FB?

If not, join the group and click the "Items for Sale" section, his is the Blue one in Wellington.

ohh Idk if I am. Might be interested, can you pm me the link to the FB page and ill join it.

Cheers :) 

17 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

oh no! why? whats next? :(

nah theres enough legacys here :P he has a bright future in team bugeye

I need a bigger car now @Batbaruman the baby seat isn't working too well in the sedan and the stroller doesn't fit in the boot lol...but i am trying to hold on to it as long as i can haha

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 4G63B8 said:

I need a bigger car now @Batbaruman the baby seat isn't working too well in the sedan and the stroller doesn't fit in the boot lol...but i am trying to hold on to it as long as i can haha

I can confirm that a legacy wagon is great for carseat + pram:)

And that blue STI hatch looks hawt!

• Like 2

My dadmobile which fits in everything is... a forester. Baby girl and wife approved, but not too slow either. Goes anywhere. Other Foz owner's might even agree.

MY04 to MY08 might be approx same budget?

4 hours ago, Subru said:

hmm nice but I was looking for a Wagon and found one yesterday, a nice blue bugeye wagon. Picking up tommorow :) 

ooh nice man! cant wait to see your garage thread bout it then, sincerely welcome you to #teambugeye :D