Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brake light bulbs (BP legacy)

willisnz

Slightly noob question (like all my questions...).  One of the brake lights on my wife's BP (LHS) is gone so I need to replace it. A google reveals I need a 7443 base bulb, but haven't really found much info beyond that. Searching super cheap for 7443 doesn't bring up any options but googling does....

Does the bulb need to be red? (this vid just shows a white builb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRxHGrc0I3w)

Should I swap to a set of LEDs if I have to replace one anyways? Where do people get their bulbs/LEDs from?

The RHS white light on the boot that is a strip (?) is also nto working, so need to replace that too, but I don't what it's called in order to search for it!

Subaru_Legacy_Touring_Wagon_BP_rear.jpg

You on about that light on the boot? Depending on what market your car was made for, it could be a reverse light of a rear fog light.

Light wise for the brake light, easiest is to go to repco, take the bulb out and show them. They will have it, however NZ doesnt really use the kind of numbers you have as theyre Syvania numbers, which are big in the US, but not here.

If you want to find it yourself, then use this http://www.narva.com.au/products/globechart

Narva is the main brand that Repco and SCA sell, and are generally the numbers that NZ uses. If you find the globe iusing that matrix, add the suffix BL on the end and you get the part number of an bulb hanging on the shelf in a blister pack.

Dont use leds for the brake\tail lights, you will end up with a fault light (traction control and some other light will turn on randomly) because the car doesnt sense the led lamps correctly. I had this issue. some leds may work if they have make up resistors or something.

• Like 1

the fog light you can see individual leds through the lense, and its a complete unit, nothing replaceable. the fog light is on the right side reverse light on the left.

the fog light switch should be on your headlight stalk, the inner ring, once click forwards in the front fog lights, 2nd click forward which will spring back is rear foglight.

• Like 1