Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Facebook buy/sell groups

• Admin
9 hours ago, Leufkax said:

Has anyone dealt with a 'William H Bonney' on here before? seems to admin 90% of them. I know he's on here somewhere but I can't recall his user name just now

Yeah, he's another of the Admins on Subaru Parts NZ that I run along side @Kiwi_Fozze

He's a good bloke and good intentions but sometimes he's slow as hell to get S*** out the door if I'm honest. 

• Like 1

I'm still debating with myself about posting all the details but basically I've had an issue with something I bought, multiple excuses followed by saying it's been posted, item not turning up, sale then suddenly turning into a sale on behalf of Brian Manning, given another postage date, item still not turning up, asking what they're going to do about it then being ignored, asking for a refund and being ignored, then when I said I'd take it further threats and abuse. For people that appear to be reasonably well known and respected it's a S*** way to conduct business and I've essentially been ripped off. 'William' s real name is Greg, incidentally 

I know it's Facebook and beware, but for all the people that talk these guys up they evidently can't be trusted either. Just a heads up.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Leufkax said:

I'm still debating with myself about posting all the details but basically I've had an issue with something I bought, multiple excuses followed by saying it's been posted, item not turning up, sale then suddenly turning into a sale on behalf of Brian Manning, given another postage date, item still not turning up, asking what they're going to do about it then being ignored, asking for a refund and being ignored, then when I said I'd take it further threats and abuse. For people that appear to be reasonably well known and respected it's a S*** way to conduct business and I've essentially been ripped off. 'William' s real name is Greg, incidentally 

I know it's Facebook and beware, but for all the people that talk these guys up they evidently can't be trusted either. Just a heads up.

Could you pm me the details please and I'll sort this out with him. It's a shame that he's acting in such a way. 

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, 4G63B8 said:

Its a shame that the subi page has some real dodgy people on it just out there to rip ppl off, hope you get it sorted @Leufkax

To be honest, it's everywhere and in every group. It's extremely disappointing yes but unfortunately something outside of our control. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

Kinda off topic but are the for sale / trade threads here now only for paid members?

I thought it only had a minimum post count (10?) before being able to view. 

But going by your post count you should definitely be able to see them. 

• Like 1

• General Member
22 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

I thought it only had a minimum post count (10?) before being able to view. 

But going by your post count you should definitely be able to see them. 

yea this or that green number needs to hit 10 maybe? I'm not sure I'm not allowed to touch stuff in the back end so avoid looking

Mmm yep I've recently been ripped off by someone (not this guy though) trying to sell me something, who I've since found out has done this to a lot of other people. Have seen that other people have filed police reports against the guy I dealt with, but I haven't yet. What are the chances of getting your money back if this guy gets caught / charged through the courts? 

Once bitten twice shy.. From now on I'll be calling out people when they try selling me something.

• Like 3

• Admin
16 hours ago, Scoobydoo said:

Mmm yep I've recently been ripped off by someone (not this guy though) trying to sell me something, who I've since found out has done this to a lot of other people. Have seen that other people have filed police reports against the guy I dealt with, but I haven't yet. What are the chances of getting your money back if this guy gets caught / charged through the courts? 

Once bitten twice shy.. From now on I'll be calling out people when they try selling me something.

Worth reporting it man - a. so it stacks up on them when they eventually end up in court and b. you will slowly but surely get your money back, and it's good to know that it stings them just a little every time they get paid/get their benny, plus if they stop paying they get arrested and S***.

There was that guy on here a while ago who got busted ripping people off, court ordered reparation so he ripped some more people off to pay that, what a complete spanner.

• Like 2

On 18/05/2017 at 6:10 PM, Scoobydoo said:

Indeed, I'll be looking into it. As I said Facebook is completely unregulated and untrustworthy but you'd think these two at least would be above suspicion. Not so.

Oddly enough I'd have some hope in those 2 fellas coming through for you. When I got scammed on tardme those 2 fellas went out of there way to find the guy and eventually I got my item. I really should find a way to send those 2 a box of beer for helping me out.That being said I don't know them personally . Nor would I give them money again (that's a whole nother story I'm not going into).

Brian is on here as @fbssub1. I don't know William at all but he seems legit.

This is a timely reminder for all members to be careful handing out money to people you don't know over the internet via here or facebook. Always do so at a caution and if in doubt ASK for references. An honest trader has no problem with people asking for character references.

I also believe @evowrx knows Brian 

• Like 1

Ill vouch for Brians honesty guys straight up and a good bastard to boot. Hes in it for the right reasons not the money. As for sending stuff as far ss I can tell hes not the best as hes not in it for money its low on the priority list. He works full plus overtime so time just isnt there.

William on the other hand I dont know personally but have dealt with him once and wouldnt again. Got what I paid for but Im not a fan of being F***ed around when I asked specifically if stock was available then paid same day. Followed by weeks of excuses holding project and other work up by 4 weeks and seeing other people ordering after and receiving the same part before me. I know Im not alone on that. 

Still no dice, despite Dariusire stepping in etc. More people have stepped out of the woodwork and told me stories, always interesting. 'William' AKA Greg's DOBC name is RSK_Greg or I believe 'The Hunter'.