Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Facebook buy/sell groups

• General Member

Gregs been on here in the past, I have dealt with him and never had any issues. Tries to chase up a lot of the dodgy deals on the sites he admins.

Had a lot more to do with Brian, really rate the guy, honest as the day is long in my experiences and always keen to help guys out. I know both guys work ridiculous hours on there jobs and side projects so dunno if thats at play. Doesnt really help you as the buyer either way I know :/ Hope you get it all sorted for your sake and theres. 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 5/20/2017 at 7:32 PM, Leufkax said:

Still no dice, despite Dariusire stepping in etc. More people have stepped out of the woodwork and told me stories, always interesting. 'William' AKA Greg's DOBC name is RSK_Greg or I believe 'The Hunter'.

Well in short here the resolution is... I don't know... Because I've now been banned from my own group thanks to Greg not liking the hard truth. 

In short I told him that the issue was not the item not arriving but his communication skills which have lead to this problem. 

As far as the whole situation goes, the item was sent by Brian as it was his, just Greg was acting as middle man. It seems that NZ Post for whatever reason have lost the item. 

I suggest not dealing with Greg if you can avoid it. 

Brian however is still a top dude and is a straight shooter.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

Well in short here the resolution is... I don't know... Because I've now been banned from my own group thanks to Greg not liking the hard truth. 

In short I told him that the issue was not the item not arriving but his communication skills which have lead to this problem. 

As far as the whole situation goes, the item was sent by Brian as it was his, just Greg was acting as middle man. It seems that NZ Post for whatever reason have lost the item. 

I suggest not dealing with Greg if you can avoid it. 

Brian however is still a top dude and is a straight shooter.

@Dairusire i thought you was admin on the page as well? geez these guys are all cowboys on this page, not like someone ban them...i dont mind banning the fools who rip people off but thats a bit extreme...

• Admin
Just now, 4G63B8 said:

@Dairusire i thought you was admin on the page as well? geez these guys are all cowboys on this page, not like someone ban them...i dont mind banning the fools who rip people off but thats a bit extreme...

Yeah I was an admin.... As was @Kiwi_Fozze and @Zenki and this tosser flipped S*** at someone telling him to pull his head out of his ass and banned all of us. So yes he's a cowboy and would advise against ever dealing with him.

• Like 4

Funny how that Greg dude posts name'n'shames every now and then asking sellers to get their stuff ups sorted yet does the same thing himself.

Did they supply a tracking number? IMHO all the large parcels go tracked, only postage included bags can be sent untracked with an option to upgrade to tracked or a courier.

• Like 2

what a bummer that he couldn't just take the honest feedback you gave him, it's not an unfair expectation for people to expect some decent level of communication when buying/selling online. whole situation could have been avoided so easily.

No tracking number was even mentioned, shipping was not discussed. You almost have to go out of your way to send things untracked and why the hell would you for the sake of saving a dollar or two. It's bullshit and the behaviour paints a picture.

• Admin
On 2017-5-20 at 7:32 PM, Leufkax said:

Still no dice, despite Dariusire stepping in etc. More people have stepped out of the woodwork and told me stories, always interesting. 'William' AKA Greg's DOBC name is RSK_Greg or I believe 'The Hunter'.

Anyone going by a pseudonym on something like a Facebook buy/sell page immediately screams dodgy.

Enough people on here know exactly who I am and that's completely fine with me because I'm not looking to screw people over. Anyone using different "real" names is shady IMO.

10 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Disputes tribubal? Not sure what the value of your purchase was, just for the sake of it and teach them a lesson. I certainly would. 

I'm all for this, none of that "turn the other cheek" crap, use the biggest legal stick you can find because chances are shady dickheads won't show up and all of a sudden they're getting arrested for failing to appear :)

• Like 6

• General Member

I hate being piggy in the middle for stuff isnt it the guy who "sent" it's responsibility? not Greg? aware I only have half the story and going by whats been posted on here

• Admin

Dealings through Facebook are done at your own risk, it's not a site designed for trade and you have no protection.
If you have doubts, ask the dealer to create a TradeMe listing or have someone you know and trust visit the seller and make the exchange on your behalf.

When items need to be sent, make sure it's sent via a courier company (NZ Post's Parcel service doesn't count) and get a tracking number.

Use common sense to protect yourselves out there. There are so many people on Facebook that are quite happy to rip people off to get some easy cash.

• General Member
1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Dealings through "THE INTERNET" are done at your own risk

any trade has risk even from legit looking stores (Pk Panda gives you the choppy chop chop)

also shaving doesnt cure crabs

• Like 2

NZ Post's Parcel service doesn't count

Why do you say this?

I used the parcel service and it had a tracking number on it that worked.

Dealings through Facebook are done at your own risk, it's not a site designed for trade and you have no protection

When I brought an ECU through FB I did have that moment of oh f##k what happens if he doesnt send it! Luckily it was all good and did get it, but was the one and only time I will do it unless I know the person or they live locally and i can pick up

• General Member

CS courier or friends to pick up & drop of is better than any courier :P 

(not dissing any particular Service as I use Fastways for my Business)

I thought we had a section for that but I'm struggling to find it : perhaps I am "Man-looking" too hard

edit : Silly me it's in the Classifieds section where you'd trade parts & stuff

ClubSUB Courier

Going somewhere? or need something moved? post it up here

where else would it be huh?

• Like 1

what sort of little F***wit uses a fake name on facebook to buy/sell/trade parts? He's probably running a chop shop on the side dodgy C***. Also no tracking number=bs in my eyes, supply the item, a refund, or proof of shipping. Not buyers fault seller is sloppy. Court will see it that way too. 

• Like 3

To be fair a lot of people don't use their real name on the bookface - unless that dudes name really is Hemi'n'Tanisha RFB Southsydefolyfe 

As it is the thing I hate on the facebook pages is I can't put the normal smartass replies I'd like to because it's actually me, not this alter ego known as Marky 

• Like 3

• Admin
22 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Why do you say this?

I used the parcel service and it had a tracking number on it that worked.

NZ Parcel service doesn't deliver to some physical addresses, things get redirected to PO Boxes and that causes delays and things go missing. It's just bad all round.

• Like 1

• Admin

I just need to re-iterate here. 

Brian is not the problem here, please stop sh!tting on him. He only made the mistake of sending via post and it's NZPOST who've lost the parcel.

It's not his fault they lost said parcel, so suggesting court action against him is rather petty considering. 

To the best of my knowledge he's trying to sort this with NZPOST but that's the best of my knowledge and without the parcel being returned to him (his address is on there as sender return) it's a crap situation all round. 

I will not defend Greg however. So go hard.

• Like 3

• Admin
1 minute ago, Joker said:

so what did he (W H B aka Greg) do wrong then other than facilitate a trade that hasnt completed yet & acting like a kid?

he lied specifically about it being sent twice, got defensive and abusive towards Axel when Greg wasn't replying to messages and axel getting nervous over stuff, then the S*** with NZ parts page and peeps being banned because I called him out on his crap communication skills. Over, just a twat.