Munkvy

2 pots on R180 rear end

7 posts in this topic

I have a GC8 that had V7 Brembos and hubs on it and I am converting back to regular STI 4/2 pots. I am trying to work out what I need in the way of rear discs and callipers.

Reading the 2 pot rear brake thread -

I think I have the narrow mount and should fit V4-6 rear 4 pots fine on this, but I wanted to see if anyone knows for sure? And by the looks BH5/BE5 rear rotors should fit? Having measured the hub it's definitely 190mm inner diameter.

Posted (edited)

I thought in terms of calipers mounting brembos and 2 pots where interchangeable. (now confirmed after reading the link)

As for rotors, long time ago I brought mine and the memory struggles but reading that link suggests v7/8 WRX rotors, assuming you have the r160 rear end.

From memory these are the 290mm rotor with 190mm handbrake?

Appears the v7/8 wrx with 4/2 pots have a few listings but the 290mm have the same part number as the 290mm from the be5/bh5 (repco's part number TSR653, could ring them and get them to measure the inner diameter as the system doesn't list it)

Edited by pl0x

Sorry, should have said R180 rear end. I have a BH5, so might nick a rotor off that and see if it fits. Now to find some 2 pot rears to put on the car then.

1 hour ago, Munkvy said:

Sorry, should have said R180 rear end. I have a BH5, so might nick a rotor off that and see if it fits. Now to find some 2 pot rears to put on the car then.

If my memory is serving my right, on Version 5-6 STi with R180 rear end the front rotors are circa 296mm and rears and 276mm. Cannot remember the ID of the rears sorry. 

If you don't mind me asking. Why are you going back to Subaru 4/2's from Brembo's?

Seems rear internal diameter is either 170 or 190mm and mine are 190mm.

Going back to 4/2 pots as I am selling the car and Brembos don't add value really on a rally car.

You need v4-6 sti ra or tyre r rotors to give you the 190mm hand brake and correct 2 pot size 

111 pounds for a pair plus freight from ICP..