Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Access ports

Cobb do support NZ and Australian WRXs, but only MY2015 and 2016 at the moment, and they need to be NZ new not JDM imports. They should be supporting older AUDM/NZ models soon as well (within weeks from what I understand), along with the MY17 WRX.

• Like 1

You want a tactrix cable and the free software it comes with

It will do everything you want and there's off the shelf tunes you could load on for free go fast (like an STi S202 tune for arguments sake) or go down the road of learning to DIY it, or pay someone to do it

• Like 3

• Admin
18 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

No it's not, especially not in NZ.. just lay for a tune for the petrol you use and the mods to suit your car 

Ooooh that reminds me @Subru was it you that runs 95 octane because they can get it on a fuel card or something? Please please tell me you are running your STI on 98......

55 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Best tuner if you are willing to pay for it would be dtech in tauranga, their reflashes are phenominal.

There is also Chris at Prestige Motorsport here in Welly, much shorter drive to get there :)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, boon said:

Ooooh that reminds me @Subru was it you that runs 95 octane because they can get it on a fuel card or something? Please please tell me you are running your STI on 98......

yess thats me and yes I have but Only once or twice, ima try get a bp card.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Conducks said:

I'd love a AccessPort for my MY17 STi but would settle with ecuTEK RaceRom. Gives multiple map switching, launch control, flat foot shifting etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can get all of that with open source tuning without getting your ECU locked and having to always go back to an ECUTek tuner. Are there any reputable tuners actually doing ECUTek right now?

40 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Can get all of that with open source tuning without getting your ECU locked and having to always go back to an ECUTek tuner. Are there any reputable tuners actually doing ECUTek right now?

The open source doesn't work with some of the newer subarus, JDM anyway.Just been and found that it won't work on my 2010 legacy will go the ECUtek way now

14 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

The open source doesn't work with some of the newer subarus, JDM anyway.Just been and found that it won't work on my 2010 legacy will go the ECUtek way now

Pretty sure mine is all good, have found some definitions. Just need to get my Tactrix back from @willisnz when he's done with it and then I can do some proper testing. 

• Like 2

I had WRC Developments do ECUtek to my 2010 Legacy GT, 215kw 470nm end results.

14 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Pretty sure mine is all good, have found some definitions. Just need to get my Tactrix back from @willisnz when he's done with it and then I can do some proper testing.

Good reminder for me to check in with AJ on how he is going repairing the the leak on my intake chamber!

On 2017-5-23 at 5:48 PM, Conducks said:

I'd love a AccessPort for my MY17 STi but would settle with ecuTEK RaceRom. Gives multiple map switching, launch control, flat foot shifting etc

Looks like, as of a couple of hours ago, you can.

11 hours ago, Conducks said:

Tell me when it doesn't void my warranty emoji6.png

"I was at top of 4th gear about 180kmh and went to shift to 5th, got 3rd. No issues yet"

I'd say that ship has already sailed champ

• Like 8

I'd say that ship has already sailed champ

Yeah I'm not sure cause they've serviced the car etc since and updated the ECU and haven't mentioned anything.

Accessport now also supports AU/NZ new WRXs 2008 and newer according to a Facebook post an hour ago.

That's brilliant for any SGT owner wanting a nice simple tune for around $800

• Admin

Doubt a service guy would really have the foresight to tell you what has been done voids a factory warranty or not.

I'd almost be ringing up Subaru NZ and annomously querying your position if I was you. The mods that have been done certainly change the engines operating conditions and if they bothered looking into the ECU last time they'd definately do so again and notice the corrections it's making to try hit the standard afr/power/boost figures

4 hours ago, Conducks said:

That's brilliant for any SGT owner wanting a nice simple tune for around $800

True if all they want is the simplest OTS Cobb tune, but to me the big story is that it opens the market up to thousands of overseas professional etuners.