Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dream(ing) Machine

I think everyone is missing my posts point lol get a tarmac wrc car, mod the engine to suit road and track spec with the engine of your choosing (think of the ex possum bourne vantage sposored GC8) and then it would dust up 99% of any vehicle out there. And money no object, are you subie lovers saying you would rather a mclaren?! Blasphemy!!!

• General Member

& yea I'm not here to kill the thread but read what you wrote & see how it might come across :P

I have had Turbo cars & the Mod bug bites every now and then the need to go faster etc (to 100kph Obviously) I'm no angle either & loving the thread & dream big but be careful what you say eh :P

ie maybe go read this thread

or this one :

<3 Joker Man

ps :

• Like 2

Righto point taken, CS does not support street racing. Neither do I by the way and I quote myself "street and track spec" but never mind dream killed cheers all.

Edited by Juddyt
typo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Juddyt said:

but never mind dream killed cheers all.

I don't think the dream is killed at all.

You could still do what you wanted and get a car that is fast on the street legally and will kick other cars around street and track circuits.

It would definitely be something different and would make an interesting car.

As you said this all dreaming, in the clouds type stuff. But just remember that if you post something someone doesn't think would work or agree with it might not be a dream killer, 

I have had day dreams about what I would do to my Outback-but they will always be dreams as I don't think I could spend the money on what I wanted to do.

Dream away, thats where some brilliant ideas come from

Ok I think Im starting to ramble again, back to doing some more work before I get distracted again

I feel you on the supercharged H6. The 3.6 has been such an eye opener for me after so many turbo 4s. I still think people are massively underplaying what tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in programmable drivetrain technology will do for you in a point to point machine, but I guess this is ultimately about dreams, so whatever XD.

• Like 1

Pretty sure we all dream of making our cars faster, don't let the dream die! , my Rs looks like a pos on the outside. My dream is having people under-estimate said pos, giving me the advantage, then smoke them on the track good and proper with all the crazy S*** under the hood, honestly can't wait for cyclic idle even though I'll hardly ever use it, I just love what technology can do, and when tech goes into an oldie, it's the icing on the cake for me :P  , also being in the cs calendar that would be mega cool :B 

• Like 2

• General Member

ditto the Ol Avenger $700 got it in my hands & only did 8-9000 km in it last year :P

I do terribly miss Subaru Life with 3 in my yard in various states of disrepair..... (2x TT's and 1x V2 WRX) might just get rid of everything & get a V10+ something &"keep it stock"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DRFVDR said:

Meh i have my dream :) 1989 Brumby, stock standard, fun to drive :) only owes me $1000 so I guess it all depends on what is your dream car :)

I got a brumby too! My old man had one when I was a youngun so picked one up for a cupla hundy buuttt upon tearing S*** apart to see how much work it was I found so much hidden rust it wasn't funny. The hunt for a reasonable one continues.......

3 hours ago, Juddyt said:

I got a brumby too! My old man had one when I was a youngun so picked one up for a cupla hundy buuttt upon tearing S*** apart to see how much work it was I found so much hidden rust it wasn't funny. The hunt for a reasonable one continues.......

Oh you are going to hate me then :) I found mine in a barn in Tauranga, non runner but pretty good body wise, had a fuel issue ( turned out being a blocked pickup in the tank now fixed) 200,000 km on clock for $600, runs mint, no oil use does not over heat :)

• Like 2

• Admin
On 6/2/2017 at 6:31 PM, GC8E2DD said:

I still think people are massively underplaying what tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in programmable drivetrain technology will do for you in a point to point machine, but I guess this is ultimately about dreams, so whatever XD.

They banned all the clever S*** back in 2006 :( But yeah it was pretty trick for a while.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DRFVDR said:

Oh you are going to hate me then :) I found mine in a barn in Tauranga, non runner but pretty good body wise, had a fuel issue ( turned out being a blocked pickup in the tank now fixed) 200,000 km on clock for $600, runs mint, no oil use does not over heat :)

Hell yes I'm jealous as S***. Currently the budget and skills won't let me find a decent one without looking at 5k plus =( one day, one day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 02/06/2017 at 8:33 AM, Joker said:

nah mate I think you're missing the point

street racing is dumb yo & do half the other cars you dust up even know they are racing?

That's why they have those stickers on the back of their cars, like the "if you can read this you're losing".

Street racing is similar to a joke: "if you have to explain to someone you're racing them, you're doing it wrong."

• Like 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Berg said:

That's why they have those stickers on the back of their cars, like the "if you can read this you're losing".

Street racing is similar to a joke: "if you have to explain to someone you're racing them, you're doing it wrong."

But, what if you have one of those stickers on the back of your race car.... Then the irony when the pack catches up and passes you xD