• Current Donation Goals

goosetrain123

Openport 1.3U or 2.0 unit needed

14 posts in this topic

I'm in desperate need to borrow someone's Openport cable, I just need to disable my A/F Correction #3 (postcat O2 sensors). 

My Legacy 3.0R 6spd is straight piped and has cats and secondary O2 sensors removed. Runs great, but rich. Which after about 10k, fouls the plugs and runs lean.

Or, alternatively do it right and get a tune for more power and efficiency at the same time. @gotasuby should be able to help you out with a decent tune 

2 people like this

Also, 32 bit ecu uses rear 02 sensors to correct fueling trims, stick em back in should fix it

Only issue is that because it's got no cats. The previous owner didn't put bungs in, so I can't put them back in, and if I do, I'll get a code for cat inefficiency.

One day I'll get a proper tune. @gotasuby what do you charge roughly?

Space them out of the flow slightly. Or turn the cat efficiency code off. 

You need to have the rear sensor in or the fueling goes all up the creak. And I dont believe it can be tuned out either. 

This should help. 

Post cat o2 looks like It needs to go in just after the join for left and right banks

46361d1376251388-oxygen-sensor-locations

That's for the older 3L motor. It only has one post cat sensor. Mine has the plugs closer to the engine, so won't reach that far. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

This should help. 

Post cat o2 looks like It needs to go in just after the join for left and right banks

46361d1376251388-oxygen-sensor-locations

That does not look anything like a B13 3.0 exhaust!

566495144005.png

number 11 is 02 sensor

number 12 air/fuel

aaaaahh not good trying to do things on the cellphone!!! my bad.

@sobanoodle those sensors with the green cables are the ones I'm missing. I've decided I'll put them in tomorrow. A mate and I will drill out holes and weld bungs in. The straight pipe is such a home job. It looks like crap. I'll probably get some resonators at some point because it's pretty raspy.

8 minutes ago, goosetrain123 said:

@sobanoodle those sensors with the green cables are the ones I'm missing. I've decided I'll put them in tomorrow. A mate and I will drill out holes and weld bungs in. The straight pipe is such a home job. It looks like crap. I'll probably get some resonators at some point because it's pretty raspy.

3.0 get super loud and raspy when you start removing cats and resonators. 

Do you need the cable from the OBD2 outlet to usb plug?

I have a cheep Ebay/Trademe one. Not sure if it will wInsert other media ork but you can give it a go. I think its a Vagcom cable.

Edited by SpeedySub