Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

JDM V11 Power Goals....Inputs?

Yes the stock ecu will work well. EMS gives you quicker options in tuning, especially more functions. If you are comfortable with what you have, the tuning the OEM ECU/ECM is viable.

Have a read here - http://xtremeracingtuning.com/2017/04/17/emspowertrain-review-thoughts/

I am the tuner for XtremeRacingTuning.com

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTuning/

I am currently working on a similar car. The setup is nice for the Dom 1.5XTR TS

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=678

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 11:19 PM, west_minist said:

Yes the stock ecu will work well. EMS gives you quicker options in tuning, especially more functions. If you are comfortable with what you have, the tuning the OEM ECU/ECM is viable.

Have a read here - http://xtremeracingtuning.com/2017/04/17/emspowertrain-review-thoughts/

I am the tuner for XtremeRacingTuning.com

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTuning/

I am currently working on a similar car. The setup is nice for the Dom 1.5XTR TS

http://xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=678

Cheers, had a quick read of the information that I can understand in that thread :D However I've actually found a good local tuner who will do the job for me. 

I thought I'd update this thread to show progress of the car. Thought it would be helpful for other guys out there who's interested in getting these Blouch Turbos and the end result including power gained with modifications listed further on in the future. 

The turbo has landed in Auckland a couple hours ago and should get it within the next couple days. Trying to sort out tuning dates but looks like it won't be till end of August simply due to work :'( 

• Like 4

Update: I have sort of decided on tune date which at the moment I'm banking on either 28th or 29th which ever works best in my favour. Finally received the turbo just before leaving the house. Got straight to unpacking when I got home (Pics Below). 

About the complaint I read here before about the gaskets missing. I don't think they are supposed to come with one from factory Blouch themselves. I did not even get the single scroll gaskets unlike the other member on here. So for future buyers out there; they do not come with gaskets. I checked RallySportDirect and even their accessories info state they do not come with. 

http://www.bptstore.com/Subaru-WRXSTi-Dominator-15XT-R-Twinscroll-Turbocharger_p_130.html

ETrHy5e.png

So in that note I'm looking at getting this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/engines/auction-1385654874.htm Surely a genuine Subaru Twinscroll gasket would fit these Blouch Twinscroll seeing as it's a stock location bolt on. I'm assuming that OEM is best rather than aftermarket in this case? Can anyone clarify from their experience? 

So far on the list to buy in the next weekend or so,

1. Turbo Blanket (Need to test fit); looking at getting the New lava design. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1378409170&archive=1

2. Throttle Body to Intercooler $75 :o  Jeez but it does have a nice STI stamp http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1384836575 

3. 90 Bend Silicon hose that goes to the turbo back to intercooler. Last time I took it off I noticed that it worn down quite a bit. I've heard fitment issues with OEM Bend to these blouch turbos and recommended to have a slightly longer 90 degree bend but will see how it goes. 

4. Heat Wrap. Need to heat wrap a portion of my downpipe. When they wrapped it they made big spaces so the steel can be seen -_-; so planning to pull it back to how far it can wrap the downpipe fully and continue on from there with the new one. 

5. Oil catch can. Ideally going for Cusco since most of my parts are Cusco branded. Not badly priced too $155. 

QHJiwxk.jpg

q714s3i.jpg

owaYh1y.jpg

RKCegqj.jpg

Xj9Bp3f.jpg

P62L0Ck.jpg

0u49a0c.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Yep those gaskets will be fine.

Who's doing the tune?

Sweet, will buy it in the next couple days then :)

Hard decision between Dtech and PBMS. Ultimately picked PBMS pure fact that it's so close to where I live so any touch-up tune in the future or problems that may arise it's only 30min away. Seems like nice guys as well, I got a cylinder leakdown test done by them prior to buying my turbo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dairusire said:

While PBMS is good, another great tuner which has great prices and results is GDS Automotive, give Glenn Suckling a call and have a chat. Nice dude.

Great results if its Nissan powered...

On 8/4/2017 at 1:45 PM, Dairusire said:

While PBMS is good, another great tuner which has great prices and results is GDS Automotive, give Glenn Suckling a call and have a chat. Nice dude.

Out of curiosity I tried ringing them but no answer. Most likely sticking with PBMS

21 minutes ago, evowrx said:

@Subirex Automotive shouldnt cost the earth and he works with pbms.

Yep, I've already talked to him over the phone last Friday. Since there's a little bit more work that needs to be done to the car aside from the turbo such as, Re-wrapping DP, Change oil, Change out the silicon hoses, Oil catch can if I can get it in time I'm just debating if it's worth going the extra mile and change the turbo myself as well. He definitely has competitive prices. 

Since I'm very close to approaching my 5K interval oil change (Works out well as will need to change oil anywho for turbo change). So I've been doing a bit of research regarding oil selection for Subaru STI's. Car has had Motul H-tech Plus 10w40 for the past two oil changes but I'm about to change to a Motul 8100 X-cess 5w40. Any experiences with these? I was going to pick their 5w30 (since it comes as that from factory Subaru) but it's not readily available here so opted for 5w40 which I assume will still be okay?

From the overall consensus online seems like majority of the guys swear by 8100 5w30 (Some used 5w40). I would get the 300V but it's just too expensive and the car will never touch the track anywho. 

Will not run Mobil 1. 

well since you asked about any experiences, i do have Motul 8100 5w40 in mine and have neither had bad nor anything i could describe as good experience in that respect specific to oil. but honestly not sure how i would judge it as an end user. there are some guys here who have posted up very indepth info on oils and understand more of the science behind them. for the next service i'll probably go back to using what previous owner used as it's still reputable, available cheaper and engine seems to have been healthy to this point running on that. was Penrite enviro+ fully synthetic 5w40 FWIW.

48 minutes ago, evowrx said:

The 5w40 will be fine better than 10w40 too. Especially if youre going to beat it round a track at some point.

Sweet as, I'll pop down to my local shop and get that today. Spoke to the person selling the goods and have clarified that through Motul testing 5w40 is sweet to use on EJ207 engines. He recommended Motul H-tech for daily use/economical. 8100 series if it will be seeing some harsh driving and more stepped up 300V for tracking and such. 

47 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

well since you asked about any experiences, i do have Motul 8100 5w40 in mine and have neither had bad nor anything i could describe as good experience in that respect specific to oil. but honestly not sure how i would judge it as an end user. there are some guys here who have posted up very indepth info on oils and understand more of the science behind them. for the next service i'll probably go back to using what previous owner used as it's still reputable, available cheaper and engine seems to have been healthy to this point running on that. was Penrite enviro+ fully synthetic 5w40 FWIW.

It hasn't dropped any oil or eaten any from experience? As I've read some had where it chewed through oil compared to different brands. I believe I don't chew through my Motul H-tech so sticking with Motul for the mean time. 

46 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Personally I've had great experiences with Castrol Edge as well as Penrite Ten Tenths Fully synthetic 10w40.

Down to personal choice really. All the options that've been provided are pretty good.

Rightyo, I'll pick mine up sometime today. Just wanted to make sure oil grade is allgood before going ahead and buying it. 

43 minutes ago, pedro said:

Any known brand will work..

Except mobil 1 that seems to have the viscosity of water when hot..

Yep, that's what I've been reading so far as well. Never knew about it till this morning so will stay away from it. 

well it did leak some oil but i dont' think i can blame the motul oil. after changing cam seals / rocker gasket it's all good doesn't seem to be burning oil or leaking anymore. i have nothing against it and nothing particularly swaying towards it either. if you got a good history with the one you're already using and you get it at a decent price i wouldn't bother changing to something else unless cars use case was going to change significantly