Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1992 GT Legacy Wagon Project Help

G'day, i have recently bought a 1992 GT legacy wagon in manual. Completly stock at the moment except for a 2.5'' turbo back exhaust. Over the next year looking to make 300awhp. Am willing to spend 7g. I have already brought a v5 sti gear box and fuel pump but yet to install. I have a few ideas where to go from here but all advice is appreciated. Cheers

Have a read through this:

Easily achievable with a VF and an sti engine.

Personally I would get a link, v7 sti shortblock, v3/4 sti heads, VF turbo, fmic, 3" turbo back exhaust, 440cc yellow injectors, walbro or similar and get it tuned. Keep the stock airbox but get an upgraded under mani intake.

• Like 1

If you're gonna go link, may as well source some aftermarket injectors. Yellows might get you to around 300whp but they'll likely be close to maxing themselves out. If its gonna get tuned, and its in budget wouldn't hurt to make sure you never lean out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blitzd808 said:

If you're gonna go link, may as well source some aftermarket injectors. Yellows might get you to around 300whp but they'll likely be close to maxing themselves out. If its gonna get tuned, and its in budget wouldn't hurt to make sure you never lean out.

Theres no point going bigger than yellows unless you have a block you can lean on and a bigger snorter than the pissant VF ones. 

Dont get caught up on dyno figures. Sti engine/heads with a VF and tuned to 20psi will net you similar results whoever tunes it but could vary from 200-230wkw dyno dependant. Pretty common spec.

I made 227wkw at 20psi with a VF22, yellows and similar mods on 95. Rolling road too which read lower than hub dyno.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, evowrx said:

Theres no point going bigger than yellows unless you have a block you can lean on and a bigger snorter than the pissant VF ones. 

Dont get caught up on dyno figures. Sti engine/heads with a VF and tuned to 20psi will net you similar results whoever tunes it but could vary from 200-230wkw dyno dependant. Pretty common spec.

I made 227wkw at 20psi with a VF22, yellows and similar mods on 95. Rolling road too which read lower than hub dyno.  

Oh nice, just going on experiences a mate of mine has had re: yellows. Thats a solid result from that set up!.